Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #111
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Scalpers... Come on in and say "Hi!"

That wasen't a reply to your comment KG... probably should have quoted something. I'm not trying to give any attitude, thats the problem with forums or MSN text can be interpreted anyway. If anything I agree with you most :P There are great deals and there are bad deals such is the way of the TF hunter. It certainly isn't my number one stop for transformers (far far from) I have gotten a few there but less then 3% of my collection. It is however my #1 stop for comics and comic related stuff (ie older out of production figures). Once again I'm far from pissed I know not everyone will like the store but I'm the type of person who will back them up if they're bashed. They have the right to bad opinions I have the right to give them good ones....pros and cons to everything.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:17 PM   #112
-KG-
Kranix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
That wasen't a reply to your comment KG... probably should have quoted something. I'm not trying to give any attitude, thats the problem with forums or MSN text can be interpreted anyway. If anything I agree with you most :P There are great deals and there are bad deals such is the way of the TF hunter. It certainly isn't my number one stop for transformers (far far from) I have gotten a few there but less then 3% of my collection. It is however my #1 stop for comics and comic related stuff (ie older out of production figures). Once again I'm far from pissed I know not everyone will like the store but I'm the type of person who will back them up if they're bashed. They have the right to bad opinions I have the right to give them good ones....pros and cons to everything.
Cool. Like I said it's a pricey store but I like it. They have a few things I haven't seen anywhere. I do plan on going back to pick up something.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #113
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Well that's the problem when your not a large department store. Things gotta be alittle more expensive in order to make a profit and what would be the point of having a store to make a living off of when you don't make a profit. I didn't think I would be one of those "blame Wal-mart" people but just look at the what the one in the mall is doing to this community alone. Imagine your a store now trying to compete with that.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:57 PM   #114
chisau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobot91 View Post
If you consider this honest business - good for you. I would only consider it honest if you sold or traded them to fellow boardmembers @ the price you got them for off of Walmart.

I do and I did.

I just sold one of my Mirage alternator for $20 including shipping. and i traded 3 alternator for 1 rodimus Alt. Both which will be shipped on monday.

I don't scalp, it's not worth my time and effort.

for you to jump in and say stuff like "boycott this store" just because you see him selling alternators at original price and don't like the way he priced his items is very immature. if you you don't like his prices (which i don't really like them either) just don't buy them (like me) and let the man make his living. It's not like he is buying 40 primes and selling them for for $500 with a $1000 shipping fee.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #115
Crobot91
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisau View Post
I do and I did.

I just sold one of my Mirage alternator for $20 including shipping. and i traded 3 alternator for 1 rodimus Alt. Both which will be shipped on monday.

I don't scalp, it's not worth my time and effort.

for you to jump in and say stuff like "boycott this store" just because you see him selling alternators at original price and don't like the way he priced his items is very immature. if you you don't like his prices (which i don't really like them either) just don't buy them (like me) and let the man make his living. It's not like he is buying 40 primes and selling them for for $500 with a $1000 shipping fee.
No need to put words in my mouth - I never said the word 'boycott.' And quite honestly there's no point arguing with you since I doubt you sold the items out of good-will for only $20 (IF you did - you would've listed the prices as such on your sales thread; which you didn't).

Anyways, my argument's not with any of you nor with PH - like I said before, I'm stating an opinion - you don't like, well too bad for you - grow up.

Much like the rest of you love to bash bigger stores like Walmart and Zellers, etc. - I'll bash the so-called 'little guy' who has no guilt nor shame ripping off little kids. You're just too naive to realize that there is no difference.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:10 PM   #116
MangaSpawn64
Generation 2

Quote:
No need to put words in my mouth - I never said the word 'boycott.' And quite honestly there's no point arguing with you since I doubt you sold the items out of good-will for only $20 (IF you did - you would've listed the prices as such on your sales thread; which you didn't).
Heh. I'll vouch for him, I'm the one he sold that loose Mirage for 20 buck shipped.

Notice I'm a newb, and he could have flat out refused to sell me one, especially since I hate out of the blue PM begging like I did. There is a 1 percent chance Mirage *might* pop back here... and since my friend who's helped me with TFs in general didn't have one, I asked him if he'd sell one and he did.

Don't bash the guy for this...
Old 08-10-2007, 11:03 PM   #117
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Well one way to combat these nasty scalpers is to hide some of the merchandise. Which in itself is a lot of fun, just like hiding eggs during Easter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
I think that's a great idea. Only I guess they would just join as members but never post anything.

Look at the Ontario sightings thread just today:

-this morning cobracommander sights many many new boxes of wave 3 deluxe (08BB) at SQ1 Walmart.

-by lunch time Maximus Prime13 sights that all those 08BBs are gone.

We know the scalpers around TO will take every single one of the items they are looking for when they find them, and we know some of our members check the stores early in the morning when new stock comes in...put two and two together and we're essentially fueling the scalper's businesses. Since they act so quick and wipe every item out, anything new being identified on the sightings thread really seems to be helping scalpers and hurting normal members.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 08-11-2007, 08:24 AM   #118
Crobot91
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangaSpawn64 View Post
Heh. I'll vouch for him, I'm the one he sold that loose Mirage for 20 buck shipped.

Notice I'm a newb, and he could have flat out refused to sell me one, especially since I hate out of the blue PM begging like I did. There is a 1 percent chance Mirage *might* pop back here... and since my friend who's helped me with TFs in general didn't have one, I asked him if he'd sell one and he did.

Don't bash the guy for this...
He started the bashing and I responded in kind. You can vouch for him all you want; it really makes no difference to me since I don't know you or him from the next guy off the street. The point is if you want to sell/trade something NEW (and hard-to-find) to help fellow boardmembers out - you typically write in your sales thread that you are selling/trading the item for cost value plus shipping, IF that's your intention.

I've helped out numerous boardmembers here by getting them the titanium G1 Ultra Magnus or other hard-to-find tf's at cost price with NO extra fees (ask Zuffy Prime & Y2Jversion1 & Evil Ivotron). I've never created a sales thread to gauge how much profit I can make off of these titaniums in terms of sales or trade values.

Everyone has a wish list of how much profit they want to make off of their sales thread items; after a few post 'bumps' (and lack of interest in the 'wish list' prices or trade value) they settle for the price or trade value that they originally paid for - argue all you want but that's the truth.

Last edited by Crobot91; 08-11-2007 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:12 AM   #119
chisau

Quote:
He started the bashing and I responded in kind. You can vouch for him all you want; it really makes no difference to me since I don't know you or him from the next guy off the street. The point is if you want to sell/trade something NEW (and hard-to-find) to help fellow boardmembers out - you typically write in your sales thread that you are selling/trading the item for cost value plus shipping, IF that's your intention.

I never bashed you. All i said was i agree with GMfan101 that Planet Hobby is not a scalper. and then you pointed a finger at me accusing me of this and that and bough up all this shit. I even try to help you by posting that GMfan101's comment was rude. then you turn right around and accuse me of having something to do with scalping.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #120
Crobot91
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
What they recently started doing for tradepaper-backs is give the American cover price + 20% (10% if you're a store member) which is something that no other comic store I've been to is doing and many are still selling them at the outrageous Canadian cover price.
Most comic shops have done this for a while - i.e. Million Comix, Silver Snail, and Planet Hobby's sister shop Grey Region to name a few. Forgot to mention that they do this for their regular comics too, not only the trade paperbacks.