Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #41
C_Shewins
Robot Master
Re: My recent POV on Collecting TF's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Collecting makes me happy, My wife sees that it makes me happy and she has supported it for years. I have only bought 1 toy with the purpose to sell it on ebay (Alt Camshaft) and I don't plan on ever selling anymore as it is a pain. I have spent A LOT of money on this hobby, money that we will likely never get back, but that is alright.
Yeah, have been trying to buy low sell high, it always ended up losing money. It is good to have a wife/gf to actually support us to collect. My gf sometimes hunt down the ones I can't find for me. And I love her, hehe
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:55 AM   #42
RavageX-9
Generation 2
RavageX-9's Ebay Auctions
Re: My recent POV on Collecting TF's

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
I collect for myself, not to make money. That being said, it's always nice to know that if you need or want to sell your collection, that you will get some value back. You won't get what you paid, especially for recent items, but there is some value in it.

I look at it this way. I spend money on toys. My friends spend money on cigarettes. Which one is better?
That's an unfavorable comparison. but then again, who among us has collecting without it being an addiction? It's not a harmless hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transbot90210 View Post
I see your POV and agree with it if you had to put up an arguement with your significant other. WHat I don't get is why you would need to defend yourself. TF collecting is a part of me and I would rather leave a woman than my collection. This does not mean that I will ever choose TFs over the woman I love but it does mean that I will choose me over any woman I love. Love me completely and unconditionally or else a life long relationship will never work. I will add I would never spend money that would take food out of anyones mouth or effect any bill payments.

As for selling, I personally believe if I have to get to the point where I need to sell my collection for money that I have failed in life. I don;t want to fail so that fact is one reason why I still collect the things I love.

Just my POV

Thanx
Transbot90210
Except that you are not your Transformers collection. Well, some people might be confused on that issue...

And getting rid of your collection isn't necessarily a failure. Perhaps the amount of space it takes up is unmanageable. (perhaps you're forced to move into a smaller place) Perhaps the maintenance required is too much. Perhaps it's a burden on your life because it takes away too much of your attention from real life. Just some examples.
RavageX-9 is offline   Reply With Quote