Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-17-2015, 10:13 PM   #2671
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: The Masterpiece Appreciation and Speculation Thread

Just watched the Spotter review. Hopefully there will be an update for the extra pieces but for sure I want this over Visualizer. like the bot mode better
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:12 AM   #2672
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Out of curiosity, if Takara were to work on an MP Reflector, would you guys want it to be three bots combining into the camera mode?

I actually would rather it be a single bot -- I think we'd get a more streamlined and realistic alt mode out of it, and a more integrated transformation.

The 3P versions are being faithful to the G1 toy, but it comes at the expense of a somewhat unsatisfying transformation; a blocky, Frankensteinesque, unconvincing camera mode; and way too many removable parts.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:18 AM   #2673
xbrawn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrawn View Post
re Mp grimlock and His high heels?

how does that help with stabilization of the most recent version of the mold?
I have the issue with the hips and was wondering if there was a foot add on that helped?
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:27 AM   #2674
elburrito
Animated

Maybe the alt. mode could be improved, but I think it has to be 3 bots to be reflector. The classics line could probably manage an update, but if Takara released any less than 3 bots, and called it MP reflector I might actually write the company to complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
Out of curiosity, if Takara were to work on an MP Reflector, would you guys want it to be three bots combining into the camera mode?

I actually would rather it be a single bot -- I think we'd get a more streamlined and realistic alt mode out of it, and a more integrated transformation.

The 3P versions are being faithful to the G1 toy, but it comes at the expense of a somewhat unsatisfying transformation; a blocky, Frankensteinesque, unconvincing camera mode; and way too many removable parts.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:55 AM   #2675
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:

I'd say Reflector should be three bots. Masterpiece is meant to recreate the G1 cartoon cast, for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Just watched the Spotter review. Hopefully there will be an update for the extra pieces but for sure I want this over Visualizer. like the bot mode better
Did you catch the first review by The Chosen Prime? He got it right.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:03 AM   #2676
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

3 Bots.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:35 AM   #2677
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Got MP-25 today. Just want to let everyone know that Tracks is painted in metallic blue. Some review said it is simply molded in shinny metallic-ish blue plastic. That is not the case. It is molded in shinny metallic-ish blue plastic and is painted in metallic blue. To see the difference, open the hood (or bonnet if you are British) and look under it.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:07 AM   #2678
Rev
Addict

Quote:

Three bots all the way. The charm would be lost otherwise.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:28 AM   #2679
DuG
Titanium

Reflector is the original combiner! The only release given the name that wasn't is from the Genrations Legends 2 pack with Skrapnel.

I hope the FT version does well and they repaint him in toy accurate colours.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:29 AM   #2680
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I found this great article on the new MP-25 Tracks and I have to say I rather enjoyed it so much that I wanted to post it here. Have a nice read and enjoy your day.

http://tfsource.com/blog/mptracks/
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote