Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-28-2015, 08:28 PM   #2181
Rev
Addict
Re: The Masterpiece Appreciation and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfmullen View Post
I beg to differ. MP Convoy is retail 22,000 Yen which is 230$CAD. Optimus Prime sold on shelves here for 199$.

Even at the current sale price of 17,600 yen, MP10 is still going to fetch you 184$ CAD BEFORE shipping.

Can we STOP saying ordering from japan is cheaper? It clearly isn't given the PROOF provided. Source: HLJ.com, Xe.com
So you are talking about a Japanese import vs Hasbro domestic? I don't know about that. I don't usually buy domestic. I thought The original question was Canadian or American etailers for Japanese imports vs Japanese companies. All I know is I used to order from Automaton and paid like $110 shipped for a MP Takara car. now I pay like $80 something shipped. I KNOW I am saving like 20-30 dollars having switched and I have the bank records to prove it. I have mastered basic math and can tell when a number is higher or lower. And if I am uncertain I can always ask my five year old.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:30 PM   #2182
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
With the Canadian dollar so great, is it cheaper to order MP's off of one of the Japanese or Asian retailers now? Any suggestions the US retails are starting to get a bit expensive for my tastes.
So here is the original question. American etailers vs Japanese is the question. Not Japanese vs a Canadian TRU box store.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:54 PM   #2183
mcfmullen
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
So here is the original question. American etailers vs Japanese is the question. Not Japanese vs a Canadian TRU box store.
I don't see the word etailer in the original question. I specifically see the word REtailer, twice.

US retailers = TRU box store

Last I checked, TRU was also an etailer anyway.

But since you want apples to apples, that same MP10 from HLJ sells for 189.99$ on BBTS.

Again, same price.
mcfmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:56 PM   #2184
mcfmullen
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
MP 10 reissue when first released on Nippon Yasan was 14900 yen. Similarly, can't get MP10 here for 199 now.

Can we stop saying it is not cheaper to pre-order online from Japan? because it just is!
Sales are sales, of course they'll be cheaper in a preorder. The dispute is whether or not something is cheaper in japan than it is here. MP10 on NY right now is 16,500 yen which is 172$ CAD. You can't compare a price in the past to a current price. You have to compare prices at the same moment. TODAY, it is virtually the same price to order from Japan as it is from the US. The 10$ discrepancy is made up in shipping costs where shipping from japan will cost more than from the US.

BBTS has the MP10 reissue right now for 189.99$ so... you're wrong.

But since you insist of comparing to NY's 14900 yen preorder price, BBTS offered MP10 reissue for 159.99$ so again, you're wrong.

It's the same price, plain and simple.

Last edited by mcfmullen; 07-28-2015 at 10:03 PM.
mcfmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:59 PM   #2185
elburrito
Animated

Quote:
I don't see the word etailer in the original question. I specifically see the word REtailer, twice.

But since you want apples to apples, that same MP10 from HLJ sells for 189.99$ on BBTS.

Again, same price.
Really?

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:21 PM   #2186
Rev
Addict

Quote:

Again, same price.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:06 PM   #2187
DuG
Titanium

Quote:
Sales are sales, of course they'll be cheaper in a preorder. The dispute is whether or not something is cheaper in japan than it is here. MP10 on NY right now is 16,500 yen which is 172$ CAD. You can't compare a price in the past to a current price. You have to compare prices at the same moment. TODAY, it is virtually the same price to order from Japan as it is from the US. The 10$ discrepancy is made up in shipping costs where shipping from japan will cost more than from the US.

BBTS has the MP10 reissue right now for 189.99$ so... you're wrong.

But since you insist of comparing to NY's 14900 yen preorder price, BBTS offered MP10 reissue for 159.99$ so again, you're wrong.

It's the same price, plain and simple.
I'm just curious to know if you are also taking into consideration the customs (HST) that you are almost guaranteed to end up paying on orders from U.S. When compared to orders from Japan from which I have never been hit with orders from NY.

There are many variables to take into consideration.

Using your converted Canadian currency amounts for MP 10 of $172 from NY and the converted price of MP 10 from BBTS of $189.99 U.S. to Canadian currency is $245.70.

Using your example your logic is flawed.

How is it cheaper to order from the U.S. vs Japan using your example?
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:15 PM   #2188
Quattro
Generation 1
Quattro's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuG View Post
I'm just curious to know if you are also taking into consideration the customs (HST) that you are almost guaranteed to end up paying on orders from U.S. When compared to orders from Japan from which I have never been hit with orders from NY.

There are many variables to take into consideration.

Using your converted Canadian currency amounts for MP 10 of $172 from NY and the converted price of MP 10 from BBTS of $189.99 U.S. to Canadian currency is $245.70.

Using your example your logic is flawed.

How is it cheaper to order from the U.S. vs Japan using your example?
Well looking at the upcoming releases, because I've been checking lets take MP-25 Tracks.

HLJ has it for 6000 Yen or $62.88 Canadian before shipping.
http://hlj.com/product/TKT83175/Sci

BBTS has it for $79.99 or $103.43 Canadian before shipping.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...92&mode=retail

Neither has free shipping but it's a $40 difference before shipping, even with shipping and customs because of the favorable exchange rate I look like I'm coming out on top with a Japanese E-tailer.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:17 PM   #2189
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Those if us that know where the deals are get them. Those that have not a clue argue that theres was cheaper.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:38 PM   #2190
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
Well looking at the upcoming releases, because I've been checking lets take MP-25 Tracks.

HLJ has it for 6000 Yen or $62.88 Canadian before shipping.
http://hlj.com/product/TKT83175/Sci

BBTS has it for $79.99 or $103.43 Canadian before shipping.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...92&mode=retail

Neither has free shipping but it's a $40 difference before shipping, even with shipping and customs because of the favorable exchange rate I look like I'm coming out on top with a Japanese E-tailer.
And this clarification from the very reasonable man who asked the question. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
Those if us that know where the deals are get them. Those that have not a clue argue that theres was cheaper.