Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #21
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Automaton Toys: TF Prime canceled!

Tru dat. I have only had good dealings with Mario and his team and will continue to shop there.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #22
CyberMnky
Animated

Just to note, while I am now in the boat of having to try and find the figures I had pre-ordered in retail (here Bulky Bulky Bulky...), I in no way am annoyed at Automaton or Mario and crew.

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:04 PM   #23
Hylo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
You do realize that they are both small independent stores right? They don't have the money to buy huge quantities like toys r us does. When they take pre-orders to gauge how many of a certain item people want and then they order accordingly. When a lot of people cancel their pre-orders they are often times unable to un-order what they have ordered from their suppliers. They are then stuck with inventory that wont sell/no longer an guarantee sale. Since they are in business to make money, having inventory that won't sell means they'll have to sell it for cost or at a loss. You do that too many times and you won't be in business for very long.
I am well aware of how it works. I don't need you to explain it.
Hylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #24
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylo View Post
I used to buy from Golden Age Toys and they NEVER get enough figures in either. Honestly, some of these figures it should be obvious that you need to order lots of them.
you have to remember that for every "good" or "in demand" figure there are 4 or more figures per case that nobody wants and these retailers get stuck with a loss when they sell these figures because they need to clearance them off below cost. Look at the whole mess with ROTF Recon Ravage, Mudflap and Skidz. I hated that when I had to order from Hasbro...they know that they have small business over a barrel with a gag in their mouths and our pants around our ankles when we order these cases.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #25
nukedproducts
Captain Vaudeville

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0m-3glcmbE

my reaction
Old 12-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #26
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

Everyone who pre-ordered shouldn't have been able to cancel... I still love Automaton though. Hopefully i'm still able to find Bulkhead...
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:19 AM   #27
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOMATON View Post

We will send emails to the few customers who still have preorders up for those products to confirm the news.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I will come up with an official Newsletter later today with more pleasant news, including the arrival this week of Takara Encore #20 Devastator, MP Black Rodimus and TFC Structor.

Mario and the team at Automaton
anybody received a confirmation email yet?

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:21 AM   #28
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
You do realize that they are both small independent stores right? They don't have the money to buy huge quantities like toys r us does. When they take pre-orders to gauge how many of a certain item people want and then they order accordingly. When a lot of people cancel their pre-orders they are often times unable to un-order what they have ordered from their suppliers. They are then stuck with inventory that wont sell/no longer an guarantee sale. Since they are in business to make money, having inventory that won't sell means they'll have to sell it for cost or at a loss. You do that too many times and you won't be in business for very long.

Well said. I don't blame Automaton for doing this. When people are constantly pre-ordering and then cancelling, it becomes unfair. It's like asking a girl out for the prom and then cancelling when you manage to get a "hotter" date. It's not good when you're on the wrong end of this.

When you pre-order, you're entering into a comittment. Sure they have generous outs with little to no consequence, but I think if you enter into that agreement you should follow through with it or don't enter into it at all. My 2cents. I'll climb off my soap box now.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:27 AM   #29
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Well said. I don't blame Automaton for doing this. When people are constantly pre-ordering and then cancelling, it becomes unfair. It's like asking a girl out for the prom and then cancelling when you manage to get a "hotter" date. It's not good when you're on the wrong end of this.

When you pre-order, you're entering into a comittment. Sure they have generous outs with little to no consequence, but I think if you enter into that agreement you should follow through with it or don't enter into it at all. My 2cents. I'll climb off my soap box now.
dont get me wrong, i LOVE automaton and totally agree with what they've done here, but if they REALLY wanted to cover their ass they'd have you pre-pay as well. robotkingdom does it, as i'm sure other online retailers do as well. i wouldnt be opposed to it, and then i wouldn't have even bothered wandering into TRU anyways.

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:34 AM   #30
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

Well realistically every customer has a right to return a product (assuming a few factors). So canceling a product wouldn't be much different than returning said product. However when it comes to smaller businesses, returns/cancelations hurt the bottom line more than a larger business. It's also harder for those smaller businesses to deal with the shelf-warmer/repaint clogged cases just to be able order the few new figures.

Completely understandable that Automoton would make this decision. There's probably more of a market for imported or higher end figures anyway for online stores. Let the b&m stores deal with the regular retail releases.