Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Fun Facts About Transformers Toys

As the thread title suggests, let's discuss some fun hidden or not common facts about our favorite toys from the Transformers.

Let's see if I can get the ball rolling with a couple of fun facts:

Fun Fact # 1 Universe 2.0 Ravage can fit inside Cybertron Soundwave's chest when open, you can't close it, but you can pretend he's about to eject Ravage.

Fun Fact #2 RID Omega Prime towers above Leader Class figures, with possible exception to Cybertron Metroplex, as I don't have him so can't verify height issues. What's so fun about this? RID Omega Prime can bitch-slap RotF Megatron for being such a flawed toy design.

Fun Fact #3 Energon and Cybertron figures with G1 homages in mind look great next to Classics figures, now we just need a third party to make a headmaster version of G1 Scorponok's head for Energon Scorponok, then he'd truly be a Headmaster.

Not too many, but hey it's early in the morning and I just woke up so my brain isn't fully operational yet. Besides I can't take all of them, some of you must have fun facts that can be mentioned, sure that last one up there is probably well-known by now, but it's still a fun fact.

So it's your turn folks, let's list some more fun facts about the Transformers... Transformers Generation TWO! Or you know, any other Generation you'd care to name
Old 06-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
Nullray
IGC
Re: Fun Facts About Transformers Toys

What may be considered to be the first transformer in a cartoon is? Hanna Barbera's Jetsons. The astro car that reduced in size and transformed into a briefcase. Is it the first?
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
Rietzey
Awesomer

I would guess this probably isn't much of a secret, but the Energon Omega Supreme/Sentinel mold has crotch mounted dual cannons. A pretty fantastic feature, I must say.
Rietzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Fun Fact: Gold Plastic contains no actual gold, and gains its color most likely through the addition of fine metallic (likely pyrite) flakes to the plastic polymer while it's a liquid. These flakes are most likely the reason for its rapid embrittlement and tendency towards catastrophic failure.

Fun Fact: There was, at one point, a G2 release planned for Swoop and Sludge, but it appears they never made it past the packaging art stage. Man were they ugly.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Fun Fact #3 Energon and Cybertron figures with G1 homages in mind look great next to Classics figures, now we just need a third party to make a headmaster version of G1 Scorponok's head for Energon Scorponok, then he'd truly be a Headmaster.
Of these, Energon Slugslinger had a laugh that looked like a crazy person doing the Ernest laugh.
As a result, there was a TFcon event inspired by both Slugslinger and Ernest P.Worrell.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #6
justprime
Animated

the Japanese Armada hotshot has a light up hand and back painting on the autobot symbol which make it stand out while big H's version does not.early g1 optimus has different internal cab interior parts and will not interchange with later releases and trailer also has pieces that will not interchange with later versions ,door hinges are short on first version long on secound . G2 op was released in 3 colors here light /darker blue version and purple version ,G2 dinobots were released in the original gray with g2 emblem , the later release of the g2 dinos also had the colors swapped around red or green slag (not counting canadian slag) snarl the same green or red and grimster in royal blue or turquoise.G2 thunderclash/machine wars op was also planned as a motomaster color release that was shelved,.none of the machine wars pieces have the spring wepons/missles that g2 releases have and missle ports are blocked off on thunderclash. There are four pepsi primes original canadian,.. full trailer sticker,.. american with the small trailer sticker,..the two most recent the pepsi symbols differ in that the pepsi name is bottom on the NA release and top of the Japanese version and the japanese bottle is actully aluminum,... lastly the original masterpiece op has larger cut outs on the forarms (the yellow triangle and two bars) that are more show accurate size and red color for both N A and Japanese releases that didn't make it to production but did as proto/test shot.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #7
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullray View Post
What may be considered to be the first transformer in a cartoon is? Hanna Barbera's Jetsons. The astro car that reduced in size and transformed into a briefcase. Is it the first?
I'd say this qualifies, and it predates the Jetsons by quite a while.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #8
Autovolt 127
Animated

Botcon Nightracer is a official toy but not a official charecter.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #9
chans formers
raff ow roud

just found one last week, the new cyberverse bb set with the six wheeler apc.if you have a few sets,you can combine them into a giant base with the connectors on the front bumper,ala gijoe battleforce2000 style.
more to come when i remember.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #10
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
Botcon Nightracer is a official toy but not a official charecter.
Can you explain that a bit?

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote