Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Hasbro dropped the ball with Marvel and GIJoe crossovers

First of all, I would have posted this in the regular Transformers discussion forum except that this is more of a fan fiction thing I guess.

I mean it isn't news, and its way too in depth to really be just an opinion. So here it is, in the custom forums.

In my opinion, Hasbro really missed out on what could have been a really nice movie and toy arc that would combine Spider Man, SHIELD, The Hulk, Ironman, G.I.Joe, and G1 Transformers franchises into one gigantic metaverse.

I mean yes, each of those franchises have been linked in the past, but with the Transformers movie, the Ironman movie, and the G.I.Joe movie they could have really made a killing.

edit: On second thought, this seems way to complex for a movie series. A cartoon series spanning at least 2, maybe 3 seasons would probably be doable.

Maybe a comprehensive Comic series, since Marvel can be overly complex and all over the place as it is. But then most of the whole Transformers vs GIJoe stuff has already been covered, and covered well.

end edit

Think about this theoretical linkup...

Transformers crash land 4 million years ago, going inactive.

A young Destro starts the company named Munition Artillery Research Services in the early 80s. Their main customer is the US military, but they also have other private buyers.

Stark Industries is founded in the mid 80s by Tony Stark's father in conjunction with the United States military. This is to provide equipment for a new branch codenamed SHIELD, headed by Nick Fury. Stark Industries has an exclusive contract, pushing M.A.R.S. out of the picture.

Aside from Stark Industries, SHIELD contracts the services of Oscorp for some "neogenic" advancement program, which results in the creation of Captain America, in the late 80s.

SHIELDs activities with Captain America and Nick Fury result in the exile and horrible scarring of the dictator of some fictional country.

This dictator(Cobra Commander) is smuggled through mountains by a double-agent woman (The Baroness) defecting from the American forces. While in these mountains, they stumble onto the inactive Arc.

The Baroness, posing as a representative of a government that prefers to remain nameless, contacts Destro, who is desperate for funding. She offers him sole access to the advanced technology with the condition that all production and designs be kept secret.

Unknown to anyone, Norman Osbourn used an early version of the super-soldier serum on himself, turning him partially insane with a split personality. Osbourn made his own secret adjustments to the serum along with Dr. Bruce Banner. Before testing, Osbourn injected Banner with this highly unstable serum and staged it to look like a large scale industrial accident. The serum fails and it is presumed Dr. Banner is dead. Oscorp then severs all ties with SHIELD.

While on an assignment from his college newspaper, Peter Parker attends a trade show hosted by M.A.R.S., Stark Industries, Oscorp, and many others. While there he is bitten by a test spider from a Neogenics display at the Oscorp booth.

A heated argument between Tony Stark's father and Norman Osbourn results in Osbourn storming off from the trade show. He is later approached by Destro, who proposes a trade in technology. Information about SHIELD's super-serum in exchange for a sample of highly advanced technology, and a favour. Osbourn accepted and over the next few months constructed his Green Goblin glider out of technology freshly recovered from the Arc.

During this time, Peter Parker began firing webs and climbing walls. His uncle Ben, who worked as liason between SHIELD and Oscorp in the past, but now as liason for Stark Industries was killed along with Tony Stark's father as a result of Peter Parker's failure to react and abuse of his powers. He learnes that with great power comes great responsibility.

About this time, a large green monster of a man begins causing havoc at various points in North America. Incredibly, this Hulk of a man has never been seen moving from place to place.

SHIELD enlists the help of Stark Industries, who responds with Hulkbuster troops, foot soldiers armed with high powered weapons of varying lethality and advanced armour to protect themselves.

The Hulk is captured and revealed to be Dr. Banner, who then tells the truth about Norman Osbourn.

As a manhunt begins for Osbourn, he snaps and reverts to his "hyde" personality of the Green Goblin. He goes on a mass killing spree, dropping bombs over the city of New York.

Before SHIELD can respond, sending in the now idle Hulkbusters or Nick Fury and Captain America, a costumed hero calling himself SpiderMan manages to take down the Green Goblin. SHIELD offers to enlist him into their already progressing Weapon-X program, but he declines, prefering to remain anonymous.

Stark Industries is given the Green Goblin glider for study. Much of the glider's processors were never connected to the main systems, which seemed so advanced and such an alien design compared to anything they had seen.

In the meantime, M.A.R.S. produces a large quantity of advanced military hardware over the next few years overseas, while Cobra Commander selects and trains his high level troops. Foot soldiers would be filled out with his mechanical BATs.

In the late-90s, Cobra Commander unleashes his forces upon the world. This overwhelms SHIELD's current forces and Stark Industries.

Recognizing that they share similar advances, Stark Industries uses the glider sample, as well as captured wreckage to come up with their own brand of technology in response. The now idle Hulkbusters are rebranded G.I.Joe and armed with this new technology.

The arms race continues, neither side really gaining the advantage, until Tony Stark creates that missile from the Ironman movie. Pretty much the entire Ironman movie playes out, with Destro taking the place of The Dude.

The Ironman suit lays waste to most of Cobra's forces, causing Cobra Commander and Destro to up the ante. They begin to restrofit the inactive Transformers in the Arc so that they can be piloted and controlled remotely.

Starscream's neural net is disturbed, causing him to awaken in a weakened state. Starscream learns of Cobra Commander's plans and is intrigued. He willingly joins Cobra as the only fully activated Transformer, and warns not to activate any of the others. He even advises disassembling a silver-black and red coloured one.

Together they then use these still sleeping giants to rip apart country after country, claiming them for the newly founded nation of Cobrala.

SHIELD and Stark Industries are unable to combat the giant walking weapons, even with the Ironman suit. Tony Stark begins constructing large scale mechanical vehicles that can convert into giant combat robots. Captain America, Tony Stark, Dr. Banner, and Logan from the Weapon-X program are drafted as pilots. The best of the best.

They fight and capture two of the Cobra controlled Transformers, giving Stark Industries the ability to upgrade and retrofit their mecha.

Accidentally, Tony Stark reactivates the neural net of one of the captured robots, who reveals himself to be one named Hound. As he lays half disassembled, Hound explains that he has no memory of events after the crash of the Arc. When SHIELD fills him in on current events, Hound points out which of the Cobra controlled robots are his comrads, and which should be melted down to slag. But through all of the video footage, the most important Autobot was missing.

Optimus Prime lay in ruins in the next room. Tony Stark quickly sets about activating him as well as the only other piece of technology that could be from their ship, the Green Goblin's glider.

Almost immediately the glider fires out of the lab and heads towards Cobra's front lines. When asked, Hound identifies the glider as Decepticon Ratbat, and warns that the war against Cobra may be only the tip of the iceberg.

After capturing the Cobra controlled robot named Ratchet, repairs were underway on Optimus Prime and Hound. With their help, other Autobots were recovered and repaired.

Working in secret, Ratbat slowly began to revive the other Decepticons. Clearly Starscream had plans of his own, so Ratbat never revealed himself.

Contrary to Starscream's request, the Baroness and Destro had fully repaired Megatron, but kept him offline. They could use the one Starscream feared to overthrow Cobra Commander as well as Starscream if they found need. This was their downfall.

Megatron awakened, and in a steady motion destroyed Cobra from the inside out, removing Starscream's head and placing it on a pike. Though he had little use for the weak BATs and human chain of command, he kept the scientists (such as Dr. Archevil, and Dr. Mindbender) as prisoners. Destro and the Baroness were kept on as well watched advisors, since they had the foresight to plot against Cobra. As for Cobra Commander, he kept him locked in a cage suspended over his newly constructed throne room. The Decepticons would conquer Earth and bring its spoils to revive Cybertron.

SHIELD had now recovered most, but not all of the Autobots. They were outfitted as best they could, and fought battle after battle against the Decepticons, but the Autobots were losing.

In response to the Autobots, Megatron had Shockwave and the human scientists bring him whatever they could come up with. Dr. Archevil proposed outfitting some specialized BATs as small scale drones used by Transformers. Their human scale would allow for search and recovery in places too small for the Decepticons. They could also transform into weaponry or auxilliary power sources.

Megatron allowed certain Decepticons to become Targetmasters and Powermasters.

The autobots, who were facing losses before, were now facing a nearly unmovable wall.

Reluctantly, Wheeljack and Perceptor approached the heads of Stark Industries to propose the impossible. Temporarily augmenting Autobot processing power with living tissue. Specifically, Human tissue. They discovered that the body mass of the average human could be adjusted into a biological computer capable of computational complexity far beyond that of anything of even Cybertronian origin. This process in theory would leave the Brain and Spark unaltered, but during the physical merger would allow each access to the other's memory and thoughts. Although jarring to Human beings, the thought-sharing process was not uncommon among Autobot ghestalt teams. It would work.

The process was also one-way. Once augmented, neither Cybertronian nor Human could be un-modified.

Optimus Prime was the first to speak out against it, citing that such a sacrifice was too great. But after several volunteers from both SHIELD as well as his own Autobot forces, he had to relent. Freedom was the right of all sentient beings, and he could not stand in their way.

These brave souls were the first to be binary bonded, their limbs augmented with technology and armour similar in capability to that of Ironman. They were no longer human, they were Headmasters.

With the ability to think on multiple levels and predict with accuracy the moves of their enemies, the Headmaster Autobots pushed back the Decepticons to their stronghold. Optimus Prime came face to face with his mortal enemy, Megatron. They fought to the death, Optimus Prime's death. Megatron, critically wounding but still barely fuctional was partly dismantled and imprisonned. With the war over, the Autobots would return to Cybertron and charge the surviving Decepticons for their crimes. SHIELD was assued that the Autobots would return, and establish diplomatic relations with Earth, and the construction of a Spacebridge.

They left the Human Cobra agents as Earth's responsibility. All were accounted for, except for Cobra Commander, Destro, and the Baroness.

End.

Okay, so that works in the following

G1
G.I.Joe
Headmasters
Targetmasters
Powermasters
SpiderMan
Ironman
Captain America
SHIELD
Wolverine
The Incredible Hulk
Marvel Transformers Crossover
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
Spacemonkey
Energon
Re: Hasbro dropped the ball with Marvel and GIJoe crossovers

There's a lot of stuff but your story plot seems consistent to me. I like the way you take/adapt some key elements from each universe and make them fit in your crossover universe concept. By the way i'm far to be an expert on all those franchises but I like the idea. In my opinion, a story like that couldn't be made under two, three or four seasons of 30-40 episods in an animation similar to GIJOE Resolute. Send your idea to Hasbro and some cartoon broadcasters.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Yeah, that kind of major crossover always seemed like the obvious choice to me.

I guess they figured they'd cover larger demographics with the star wars and marvel ones.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I love the idea as a one off. I wold totally buy it as I love crossovers and this could be an epic one...

But, I understand why each property has its seperate continuity. It would be way too hard to keep things straight over a long period of time. That being said, I think you got a least a decent 15 part mini-series there...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Yes, It's a cool idea, but I'm not sure if it'll ever happen in terms of movie. Reason being is because the concept of each of these franchises is easily grasped by a general audince, but when you mix them, the clairity of the concept becomes diluted and makes them less accessable. When one hears about a GI-Joe or Transformer movie they know what they're going to be getting. Now if you mix those two together then sprinkle in the Marvel Universe, it'll cause a lot of confusion among the people who just aren't plugged in to what each of these franchises is all about. Movie makers have a hard enough time trying to get across in one movie who say ... The Transformers are and what do they want. Can you imagine them trying to do that with GI-Joe,Transformers, and all the different factions in the Marvel U in one movie? By the time they set up who all these people are and what do they want, it'll be like 2hrs already.

Now, as for a TV series, maybe, but I can't see them doing it in the near future. My feeling on this is that they'd probably want to establish each of these franchises as viable individual entites and will put all there efforts into doing that before even considering mixing and matching them.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
Blurrz
Fast Everything

I enjoy Transformers. I enjoy Marvel. Join them together and all you're getting from me is a cesspool of hate. No thanks.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
Sting Rose
Robot Heroes Addict

This is very well-thought out, but yeah, seconding that this couldn't be done in 2-3 seasons, there's just waaaay too much going on. It's really awesome, though, I love how consistent and connected it is, everything and one is accounted for (except when they aren't supposed to be, ha). All in all, it seems very feasible.
Robot Heroes! Snarl and Sharkticon, Optimus and Barricade
Last buy: HFTD!Jetblade and Ironhide
Dream toys: 07 Black Japan exclusive, the Wonderfest exclusive, and the Battle Damaged versions of Arcee ones*sigh*
Sting Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #8
astrana
Nexus Maximus

uuummmm.... it's a very good idea... but...
the general audience hasbro targeting are kids, they are going to make shows for kids, not really the fandom. putting all the different universe together would be a total Chuck Norris Round House ass kicking. but it will confuse the hell out of little kids. That's why they kept remaking xman, spiderman, but not creating a show based on civil war
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

My friends and I have talked about something similar but as huge. Why not have some "background" stuff to tie the other movies together. For example have Peter Parker going to work and have ol' Jay Jonah Jameson say something about wanting pics of those 4 fantastic heroes. Or something along those lines just to tie things together.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #10
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
My friends and I have talked about something similar but as huge. Why not have some "background" stuff to tie the other movies together. For example have Peter Parker going to work and have ol' Jay Jonah Jameson say something about wanting pics of those 4 fantastic heroes. Or something along those lines just to tie things together.
They are, but not in spiderman.
SJ made apparence at the end of Ironman and hulk mvie talking about SHIELDS
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote