Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-20-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
mastereh
Generation 2
What's everyone's budget for Transformers in 2014?

I was going to post this under an existing thread but figured I'd create a new one instead.

My budget for 2014 is about $800. It was higher but because my wife and I are expecting our 2nd kid I had to cut back.

Wish list at this point includes:
Ultra Magnus - approx $300
Bumblebee - approx $80
Wheeljack - approx $80

3rd parties:
Maniaking - approx $100
PX-02 Caelus - approx $85

Leaves me about another 150 to play with; which I've saved aside for any other masterpiece which could get announced and released.

Initially I had planned to also get the 3rd party Warbotron and possibly a Predaking version; but for now both are out. Only way I'll get one or both is if I get a nice refund on my taxes. lol

What about everyone else? What are your budgets for the year and what do you plan on getting (based on what's already been announced)?
mastereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #2
Msol
Titanium
Re: What's everyone's budget for Transformers in 2014?

This is a tough one because all these companies are all so bad with their release dates. I mean... do we even know if UM and BB are coming out this year?

For me I just try and be reasonable with my purchases on a month-to-month basis. Something like "one 3rd party figure per month." Though I also spent a TON on eBay completing my G1 collection. As that wasn't a recurring expense, it's hard to think of it in budget terms...
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Don't have a budget per se this year. Rather I made a resolution to limit my purchases to items on sale, or less than retail, except for import items or Hasbro MPs since they seem to sell out quickly. Since most of my imports are either Takara MP or Chogokin, it is pretty easy. (I rarely buy 3rd party, and learned my lesson.....wait!! They almost always drop in price after release.)

So far, so good. 3 items purchased this year, all on sale.

Last edited by canprime; 01-20-2014 at 10:54 AM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #4
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastereh View Post
I was going to post this under an existing thread but figured I'd create a new one instead.

My budget for 2014 is about $800. It was higher but because my wife and I are expecting our 2nd kid I had to cut back.

Wish list at this point includes:
Ultra Magnus - approx $300
Bumblebee - approx $80
Wheeljack - approx $80

3rd parties:
Maniaking - approx $100
PX-02 Caelus - approx $85

Leaves me about another 150 to play with; which I've saved aside for any other masterpiece which could get announced and released.

Initially I had planned to also get the 3rd party Warbotron and possibly a Predaking version; but for now both are out. Only way I'll get one or both is if I get a nice refund on my taxes. lol

What about everyone else? What are your budgets for the year and what do you plan on getting (based on what's already been announced)?
I don't have a budget yet. Usually I buy when I feel it's a good price, and it's a toy that I want.

I will try not to pre-order 3rd part stuffs, since some of them just not so reliable, better to wait for a review first then decide if I want to buy them or not. That's also why no point set a budget for them.

BTW, why don't you preorder the MP from Japan's site like HLJ? Then u can get the MP20, (or maybe even MP21) for just around $60 USD including shipping? That's a 25% save from your $80 budget.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #5
mastereh
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post

BTW, why don't you preorder the MP from Japan's site like HLJ? Then u can get the MP20, (or maybe even MP21) for just around $60 USD including shipping? That's a 25% save from your $80 budget.
DONE! Thanks for the heads up!
mastereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:07 AM   #6
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

I don't really budget for this. I get what I like when it's available to me if the cash is there.

I'm definitely saving up for the MPs, whichever get released this year. I'm also always building up my CHUG and G1 collections.

I do limit myself to only those lines, however, otherwise my spending would spiral out of control!!
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #7
Supernova
Second star to the right

I'll get back to you after Toy Fair!

(It's mostly going to be selected Generations Deluxes, Voyagers, Legends, and Leaders - if the rumours about Megatron and Jetfire are correct.)

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #8
Rev
Addict

I don't even want t o type it out or I will realize that I have a problem.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:53 PM   #9
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

No budget but it will be a low year TF-wise for me. No BOTCON set, no movie stuff and will be very selective on which Generations/Classics & third parties that I will buy. I still have quite a few unopenned TFs that I bought in '12 & '13 so I can satisfy my craving with those. Need the money for something else...

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:05 PM   #10
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Trying to keep it at $1200 for the year. Tried that last year, more likely came in at $1500-$1600.

Definitely buying:
- MP Wheeljack
- Generations: Scoop, Whirl, Skids, Cosmos, Legend Megs, Centuritron, Shrapnel, Starscream (legends), Armadascream, Swerve
- bunch of AOE figs, tbd

Maybe buying:
- MP Bumblebee (not a G1 bee fan)
- Generations Windblade (if the toy is good).
- Others as revealed
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote