Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-14-2015, 02:57 PM   #51
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Costco news

Don't need a membership. Just buy a gift card and go in and buy one. it's allowed.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:05 PM   #52
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Don't need a membership. Just buy a gift card and go in and buy one. it's allowed.
Thanks for the tip. I'll be trying to pick one up through CostCo somehow. Used to be a member, not these days though.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:08 PM   #53
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Really? Each time I got to any cash register at Costco, the 1st thing any cashier ask is for the membership card
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:18 PM   #54
ccsquinty
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
Really? Each time I got to any cash register at Costco, the 1st thing any cashier ask is for the membership card
Guaranteed that you can just use the Costco gift card to make your purchase without being a member... You won't get any of the sale items at the sale price though...
ccsquinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #55
CBII
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post

Yes that's correct because 99% of shoppers are members.

However you can go to customer service and request to buy a gift card. Then give the door greeter a song and dance and then go get your Devy.

Basically just say you got the gife card as a gift and you're here to use it. They can't refuse you. Might give you a hard time but they still have to honour the card.

Maybe one of the guys working at Costco can just "confirm" that?
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:13 PM   #56
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBII View Post
Yes that's correct because 99% of shoppers are members.

However you can go to customer service and request to buy a gift card. Then give the door greeter a song and dance and then go get your Devy.

Basically just say you got the gife card as a gift and you're here to use it. They can't refuse you. Might give you a hard time but they still have to honour the card.

Maybe one of the guys working at Costco can just "confirm" that?
You cannot buy a Gift Card without being a member. The Membership desk will not sell you a gift card without you being a member.

If you want to shop at Costco, buy a membership, it is well worth the money. This price on Devastator is proof enough of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
Does anyone know if their will be a limit on the number you can buy as i would love to work with others to try and help who ever wants one to get one.. my issues is i dont have a membership. but if others do and what to help im more than willing to help out as well
Just buy the membership, you'll save easily by shopping there, and I don't say that just because I work for Costco. The savings all year are crazy, especially if the Costco you go to has a gas station.

There won't be any limit, they don't do that, as long as they sell is all they care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyinan View Post
Nice! Thanks a lot. Approximately when they will be getting it? Also, I guess it's not possible to call them and ask them to hold one for now?
Costco doesn't hold for anyone, it's cash and carry, first come, first serve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornIRL View Post
Registered and subscribed just for this. You're doing the Lord's work, Einstein.
I try :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
Any theories on how Costco decides which stores get them?
It's all about money and where they think they'll sell best, they track everything, so Devastator is probably based on how well Metroplex sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWillay View Post
Has Costco been carrying transformers the whole time??? looks like I'm grabbing a membership!!!!!
They only carry toys for the Christmas season, usually starting around September, and not always Transformers, they are very rare.

You have to spend the ENTIRE gift card and you can only pay any extra with CASH, no Mastercards, no checks, and no debit.

However, if a member buys you the gift card you can shop with it, but you have to spend the whole thing as I said.

Last edited by Einstein; 07-14-2015 at 07:20 PM. Reason: added more replies
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:31 PM   #57
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I can vouch for Costco as a long time member. Even though I am single and live alone, I still buy pretty much everything from Costco. The savings plus cash back rebates from Costco and from Mastercard (or Amex before) are more than enough to pay off my membership.

Also for someone who have worked in retail, I absolutely respect Costco's policy for closing stores on stat holidays as well as closing on 6pm on Sat and 5pm on Sun. Unlike some retailers that work they staff on extra long hours during holidays and weekends.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #58
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
You cannot buy a Gift Card without being a member. The Membership desk will not sell you a gift card without you being a member.

If you want to shop at Costco, buy a membership, it is well worth the money. This price on Devastator is proof enough of that.

Just buy the membership, you'll save easily by shopping there, and I don't say that just because I work for Costco. The savings all year are crazy, especially if the Costco you go to has a gas station.

There won't be any limit, they don't do that, as long as they sell is all they care about.

Costco doesn't hold for anyone, it's cash and carry, first come, first serve.

I try :P

It's all about money and where they think they'll sell best, they track everything, so Devastator is probably based on how well Metroplex sold.

They only carry toys for the Christmas season, usually starting around September, and not always Transformers, they are very rare.

You have to spend the ENTIRE gift card and you can only pay any extra with CASH, no Mastercards, no checks, and no debit.

However, if a member buys you the gift card you can shop with it, but you have to spend the whole thing as I said.
? I pay with debit at my local Costco.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:02 PM   #59
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

He is talking about if you are not a member.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:24 PM   #60
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Costco's return policy is second to none. And cheap gas and the best $1.75 hot dog and drink around
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote