Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-18-2018, 07:02 PM   #3181
Kristal
Machine War
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

The Toycon was an absolute bust. Way too many expensive figures and those disgusting POP vinyls. Only things I picked up was a TR Gnaw and Generations Rattrap. I rather go to retroexpo in May and high score con if I want to get some nice deals from other collectors.

Also, I laughed after the con about that 45$ Hun-Gurr at the show, and I headed downtown after for a small date with my BF to the Tour de Jeux store in the eaton centre and found him all shiny and new for 29.99 LOL
Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:08 PM   #3182
Pascal
Banned

Last time I went to Toycon, it was all junkers and overpriced stuff I already had.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:14 PM   #3183
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
Also, I laughed after the con about that 45$ Hun-Gurr at the show, and I headed downtown after for a small date with my BF to the Tour de Jeux store in the eaton centre and found him all shiny and new for 29.99 LOL
Thats a great price from Tour De Jeu, they never sold stuff at MSRP in the past
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:08 AM   #3184
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
The Toycon was an absolute bust. Way too many expensive figures and those disgusting POP vinyls. Only things I picked up was a TR Gnaw and Generations Rattrap. I rather go to retroexpo in May and high score con if I want to get some nice deals from other collectors.

Might be heading up to Montreal in a few weeks, is this Tour de Jeux the main toy shop downtown, it is easy to find in Eatons Centre?

Is it the same company as Toys Toys Toys perhaps?

Any other shops in centre-ville anyone can recommend?

Cheers,
MilanX3
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #3185
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Might be heading up to Montreal in a few weeks, is this Tour de Jeux the main toy shop downtown, it is easy to find in Eatons Centre?

Is it the same company as Toys Toys Toys perhaps?

Any other shops in centre-ville anyone can recommend?

Cheers,
MilanX3
There are a few stores with some toys downtown. Tour de Jeu is mainly baord games. And yes, it is easy to find, it is on the bottom floor next to the food court. But the toy selection is about the same as E-B games. Another toy shop is Educa - Jeux at Place Ville Marie. The last time I went, (2 months ago) they had a few victorion boxes.

But none of those are actual collector stores. There arent any downtown.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:46 AM   #3186
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
There are a few stores with some toys downtown. Tour de Jeu is mainly baord games. And yes, it is easy to find, it is on the bottom floor next to the food court. But the toy selection is about the same as E-B games. Another toy shop is Educa - Jeux at Place Ville Marie. The last time I went, (2 months ago) they had a few victorion boxes.

But none of those are actual collector stores. There arent any downtown.
Thanks for the info.! Where do people usually go around Mtl and the surrounding area for collector items besides those two shops and the main shops like WM, TRU and EB? I recall one place in Chinatown on the 2nd floor on a small bldg that had mostly Gundam stuff, and one on the west end of Concordia a few years back. Did many places shut down in the last few years?
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 11:32 PM   #3187
Kristal
Machine War

Quote:
Thanks for the info.! Where do people usually go around Mtl and the surrounding area for collector items besides those two shops and the main shops like WM, TRU and EB? I recall one place in Chinatown on the 2nd floor on a small bldg that had mostly Gundam stuff, and one on the west end of Concordia a few years back. Did many places shut down in the last few years?
We used to have a nice collectors store on St-Hubert near the Jean Talon market named "Legends", I used to go there ever since I was a kid, but they shut down back in 2012 or so due to costs. Now a days most mtl collectors buy their TFs in brick and mortar stores or just order everything online.

I think I have a feeling which Gundam store youre talking about in Chinatown, but I have no idea if it exists anymore, but there's 2 comic book stores near concordia (RIP Cosmix) that sell some transformers related stuff, but its rather small and mostly deals with DC and whatever is sold to them.
Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 11:49 PM   #3188
MahtimusPrime09
Shut up, Rattrap
MahtimusPrime09's Ebay Auctions

There is a place in Laval some 15-20 minutes from downtown called GeekStuff. I have seen pictures of their store; they seem to have everything on display. 3rd party, G1, Masterpiece, Generations, Movie and more. Not sure if they are all for sale though. Hope that helps.

My Sales Thread
My Want List
My Collection
My Feedback Page
MahtimusPrime09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:44 AM   #3189
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
There are 2 action figure oriented collector stores in montreal:

Toysonfire: Address: 1539 Ave Van Horne, Outremont, QC H2V 1L4

Boulevard des Jouets: 5335 Decarie Blvd, Montreal, QC H3W 3C4

They have a nice big Goldorak statue in that one.

Also, collectors have had luck in the past going to this place (only open friday, saturda and sunday):

https://www.facebook.com/pages/March...65813333495252
Old 05-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #3190
cr3d1t
Beast Machine

Today I went to RetroExpo for the first time. It was alright. In comparison to ToyCon, it's not half full of Funko Pops. The room at the Delta felt bigger. It didn't have as many Transformers but it had more videogames, Marvel, Star Wars and GI Joe figures and playsets. Sellers were nice and friendly. Of note, I saw one MP Delta Magnus for 200$, a couple of MP-1s, some G1 Optimuses in loose in box. One G1 Bumblebee without rubsign for 60$. I'd say there were about two or three tables worth of various loose TFs. Didn't score anything except dolls for the wife.

I probably won't go next year. So far this year all the shows I've gone to have been a bust. Hoping TFCon TO will be better.