Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-30-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
JonoPrime
Robot Master
Couple of things you may want to watch out for with Siege wave 2 bots

Howdy fellow bot lovers!

Just thought Id share my take on a few sour TF’s I recently picked up, lol.

After doing some research online it doesnt look like these issues are that widespread. ... However, I thought Id post what Ive experienced so far in the hopes of preventing any recurrences for someone else

1. Battle Master Aimless: x2 right arms (that’s on me as I should’ve looked more closely before purchasing - always do a quick inspection before hand!)

2. Battle Masters Laserbeak: stressed legs after a few transformations (make sure to grab at the plastic closest to the joint itself, or the leg will flex quite easily if pulled down by the foot)

3. Deluxe Ironhide: x2 copies of his hammer/gun breaking at the pivoting/transformation section (upon closer inspection the plastic underneath looked all stressed, even after only approx. 3-4 conversions)

4. Deluxe Sixgun: x2 copies of misassembled toes, where on one copy it is noticeably stressed and on another copy one toe breaking after trying to fix & swap said problem according to TFWiki (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Six-Gun#Generations)

5. Voyager Soundwave: just a few minor issues addressed here; http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=76380

6. Voyager Starscream: stressing and partially cracking of front end of jet (canopy section) after first transformation ... saw a couple of reviews on YouTube that mention how that portion can stick together rather securely, but was very surprised on my copy how tough it actually was (in hindsight I shouldve used the hot water or blow dryer method to soften the plastic)

Anyways, hope no one else comes across any of these problems with their bots! ... Just a couple of things to watch out for
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 02:02 PM   #2
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus
Re: Couple of things you may want to watch out for with Siege wave 2 bots

nice writeup.. so premium prices for premium experiences!
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:36 PM   #3
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Yeah big thanks for this, very helpful to the community
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:32 PM   #4
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Good to know, thanks. Have yet to open Soundwave and have to pick up Laserbeak and Ravage from a friend on Sunday
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:28 AM   #5
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
nice writeup.. so premium prices for premium experiences!
Thanks a lot, man! ... Ha ha, couldnt have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
Yeah big thanks for this, very helpful to the community
No problem-o at all! ... Happy to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Good to know, thanks. Have yet to open Soundwave and have to pick up Laserbeak and Ravage from a friend on Sunday
I appreciate the feedback, thanks! ... Fingers crossed for ya ol’ SW & crew are problem-free.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:28 AM   #6
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

On the note of Siege wave 2, just grabbed my Rescue Patrol

Stakeout looks gorgeous, and Red Heat is whatever (BigShot mold is iffy, balljoints and the "tall shoulders" don't mix apparently)

BUT

I will say that straight out of the package, these are the floppiest hip joints I've ever seen; none of the 1st wave micromasters were this bad

Also, is it me or do Stakeout's feet not peg into anything at all in alt mode? Roadhandler's feet pegged in nicely, Swindle's too

That cop car is beautiful but damn, two QC issues related to legs

Best thing I can say about Red Heat is, I love his extended fire ladder, giving me (CW HotSpot's ladder as a scorpion tail) vibes
Wish they had done something similar to give Big Shot a longer barrel somehow
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 12:47 PM   #7
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
On the note of Siege wave 2, just grabbed my Rescue Patrol

Stakeout looks gorgeous, and Red Heat is whatever (BigShot mold is iffy, balljoints and the "tall shoulders" don't mix apparently)

BUT

I will say that straight out of the package, these are the floppiest hip joints I've ever seen; none of the 1st wave micromasters were this bad

Also, is it me or do Stakeout's feet not peg into anything at all in alt mode? Roadhandler's feet pegged in nicely, Swindle's too

That cop car is beautiful but damn, two QC issues related to legs

Best thing I can say about Red Heat is, I love his extended fire ladder, giving me (CW HotSpot's ladder as a scorpion tail) vibes
Wish they had done something similar to give Big Shot a longer barrel somehow
Hey evenstaves, thanks for sharing your experience with the new bots! ... Sorry to hear about the floppy hips and feet not pegging correctly.

A little Future Floor polish will help with the loose hips. ... Had to do that on my wave 1 minibots and it seemed to do the trick
Old 06-02-2019, 01:52 PM   #8
Primetyme
Generation 2

Hey thanks wish someone would have told me about the CW Silverbolt flaw when pulling out Superion's head. Caused some damage there, but fortunate some crazy glue fixed it up enough.

There's a wiki too for TF, dunno if these will make it on there eventually:

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Design_flaw
Primetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 01:56 PM   #9
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

JonoPrime, this is much appreciated and evenstaves as well on the Rescue Patrol Micromasters.

I just opened up my first toys from Siege last week, the Race Car & Battle Patrol Micromasters. No noticeable issues, but for those Deluxe Class figures and at their new higher price points this makes me have to open them shortly after purchase to do my own quality control.

Sometimes too much work for this hobby!
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #10
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetyme View Post
Hey thanks wish someone would have told me about the CW Silverbolt flaw when pulling out Superion's head. Caused some damage there, but fortunate some crazy glue fixed it up enough.

There's a wiki too for TF, dunno if these will make it on there eventually:

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Design_flaw
Thanks for the heads up about Wiki’s Design Flaw section, Primetyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
JonoPrime, this is much appreciated and evenstaves as well on the Rescue Patrol Micromasters.

I just opened up my first toys from Siege last week, the Race Car & Battle Patrol Micromasters. No noticeable issues, but for those Deluxe Class figures and at their new higher price points this makes me have to open them shortly after purchase to do my own quality control.

Sometimes too much work for this hobby!
That’s good to hear no issues so far with the fresh opening of Seige bots! Enjoy the rest