Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #101
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Also, is there any point in hoping Thundercrakcer makes it to TRU stores in this province?
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #102
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelement24x View Post
Dudes! Tfsource posted some pics of the new Mp minions for Soundwave! This being frenzy, rumble, buzzsaw and ravage, they look friggin sweet! Im not even going to get the G1 cassettes cause deluxe sized cassettes seem a hell of a lot better
These won't be Deluxe-sized. The MP Soundwave mini-cassettes are the same size as G1 cassettes, aren't they? So these will be pretty much the same size as the orginals... just with a few more joints.

I definitely want them, but I'm tempted to wait for Hasbro to release them (and get them from the States or Ontario). Takara's prices (plus the cost of importing) are just a little steep for me, especially $50 for a 2-pack of Cyberverse-sized figures. :P

Quote:
Dear P.Marois, please fix the french packaging laws that take away so much of my happiness
Somehow, I don't see that happening. The rest of the world has to start providing French language material for the population of Quebec, because we're THAT important.

Did I tell you about how Quebec law blocks you from even viewing (and of course, ordering from) the American websites for Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie? Like, you are NOT ALLOWED TO EVEN SEE those US sites, because they're only in English. Quebec language exceptionalism is soooooo dumb. And it's only going to get worse before it gets better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
Also, is there any point in hoping Thundercrakcer makes it to TRU stores in this province?
I doubt it, but Buwahi is insanely optimistic about that for some reason. Or MP Prime anyway. I doubt we'll see either.

Refresh my memory... is MP Skywarp the only MP we've actually gotten in Quebec since the old MP-01 days?

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #103
herooftheday316
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
These won't be Deluxe-sized. The MP Soundwave mini-cassettes are the same size as G1 cassettes, aren't they? So these will be pretty much the same size as the orginals... just with a few more joints.

I definitely want them, but I'm tempted to wait for Hasbro to release them (and get them from the States or Ontario). Takara's prices (plus the cost of importing) are just a little steep for me, especially $50 for a 2-pack of Cyberverse-sized figures. :P

Somehow, I don't see that happening. The rest of the world has to start providing French language material for the population of Quebec, because we're THAT important.

Did I tell you about how Quebec law blocks you from even viewing (and of course, ordering from) the American websites for Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie? Like, you are NOT ALLOWED TO EVEN SEE those US sites, because they're only in English. Quebec language exceptionalism is soooooo dumb. And it's only going to get worse before it gets better now.

I doubt it, but Buwahi is insanely optimistic about that for some reason. Or MP Prime anyway. I doubt we'll see either.

Refresh my memory... is MP Skywarp the only MP we've actually gotten in Quebec since the old MP-01 days?

zmog
I personally don't remember any others.
I had to get mine from people every and anywhere else.

-Mike
Old 10-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #104
Pascal
Banned

The packaging for MP Thundercracker and MP Optimus Prime is English-only. And like all previous TRU exclusives with English-only packaging, they're not coming. Trouvez-vous des amis qui les achèteront Ã* votre place!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #105
dabra_dmp
Machine War

I made a mini research on the different store price for the Fortmax reissue.

BBTS (mark has gift)
FortMax - 329.99$
Shipping - 54$
=====
Total - 383.99$(USD)

Robotkingdom
FortMax - 299.90$
Shipping - 104.74$
=====
Total - 404.64$(USD)

TFsource
FortMax - 349.95$
Shipping - 55.35$ (or free*)
======
Total -349.95$(free shipping*) or 405.30$ (USD)

*On the website I see that if you are over 150$ it suppose to be free shipping but in the checkout screen I still see a price for the shipping of 55.35$

A3U
FortMax - 349.99$
Shipping - 25.99$
======
Total -375.98$(USD)

Automaton toys
Fortmax - 399.99$
shipping - between 25$-40$
======
Total - between 424.99$-439.99$ (CAD no custom)

Sooo I think for me the best is still BBTS because of the "mark has gift" option. According to the canadian custom. If the package is mark has gift and the cost is $60CDN or less, the duty and tax is exempt. In cases where the gift is valued at more than $60CDN, the CBSA will assess duties and taxes on the excess amount. So for a FortMax of 329$(BBTS) the quebec taxe would be about 40.50 + the cost of the custom service.

The BBTS would then be something like 424.49$ super total. All the other store except Automaton don't offer mark has gift option, so the price would be higher.

Anyway I hope it help.....maybe...haha
Old 10-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #106
Pascal
Banned

Shipping won't be free with TF Source, free shipping is only for the US. Canada and other countries get a reduced rate.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #107
xelement24x
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabra_dmp View Post
Sooo I think for me the best is still BBTS because of the "mark has gift" option. According to the canadian custom. If the package is mark has gift and the cost is $60CDN or less, the duty and tax is exempt. In cases where the gift is valued at more than $60CDN, the CBSA will assess duties and taxes on the excess amount. So for a FortMax of 329$(BBTS) the quebec taxe would be about 40.50 + the cost of the custom service
What i think people should do is use a pile of loot or stacking system. BBts & Tfsource offer these. You can buy a certain quantity of toys and itll cost you about the same shipping to buy a bunch of stuff. Like, let us say, soundwave and his minions hehe!

Im hopeful the minions arent tooo small, from what i can tell they are at least scout size. I mean soundwave will be roughly the size of mp starscream, so they shouldnt be tooo small. Deluxe size is a stretch though, now that i think about it.

xelement24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #108
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabra_dmp View Post
I made a mini research on the different store price for the Fortmax reissue.

BBTS (mark has gift)
FortMax - 329.99$
Shipping - 54$
=====
Total - 383.99$(USD)

Robotkingdom
FortMax - 299.90$
Shipping - 104.74$
=====
Total - 404.64$(USD)

TFsource
FortMax - 349.95$
Shipping - 55.35$ (or free*)
======
Total -349.95$(free shipping*) or 405.30$ (USD)

*On the website I see that if you are over 150$ it suppose to be free shipping but in the checkout screen I still see a price for the shipping of 55.35$

A3U
FortMax - 349.99$
Shipping - 25.99$
======
Total -375.98$(USD)

Automaton toys
Fortmax - 399.99$
shipping - between 25$-40$
======
Total - between 424.99$-439.99$ (CAD no custom)

Sooo I think for me the best is still BBTS because of the "mark has gift" option. According to the canadian custom. If the package is mark has gift and the cost is $60CDN or less, the duty and tax is exempt. In cases where the gift is valued at more than $60CDN, the CBSA will assess duties and taxes on the excess amount. So for a FortMax of 329$(BBTS) the quebec taxe would be about 40.50 + the cost of the custom service.

The BBTS would then be something like 424.49$ super total. All the other store except Automaton don't offer mark has gift option, so the price would be higher.

Anyway I hope it help.....maybe...haha
Also, in addition to the earlier comment about free shipping only being available for US shipments with TFsource, Automaton and A3U are both in Canada... so "gift" and customs charges are non-issues if you order from them.

zmog
Old 10-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #109
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelement24x View Post
Im hopeful the minions arent tooo small, from what i can tell they are at least scout size. I mean soundwave will be roughly the size of mp starscream, so they shouldnt be tooo small. Deluxe size is a stretch though, now that i think about it.

Well, unless I'm wrong, I think it was confirmed that MP Soundwave's cassette hatch and the cassettes are the same size as the G1 versions (ie, interchangeable)... so they will be smaller than scouts, almost definitely. We're talking... Legends to Cyberverse Commander tops.

And of course, the Soundwave pictured above is the oversize KO version, so his Cassettes (and chest hatch) are accordingly larger.

zmog
Old 10-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #110
BigBot79
G1 Fan

Just a heads-up to my fellow Canadians - ordering from BBTS even marked as a gift will still cost you 99% of the time (at least every order I ever made with them was charged a stupid amount of customs and handling fees plus it took forever to ship to me). They still mark the value at full price so you will get a customs hit for sure unless you get lucky. I stopped dealing with them because of this.

TFSource orders for me have never been hit with customs but even the reduced shipping rate is still going to be high on a figure like Fort Max.

Automaton is no HST at $399 plus you get the earliest shipment so it will be in hand well before you get the cheaper priced options from the US. They also only charge the actual shipping cost so you can be confident in not being over charged - Automaton is my choice for this but if you go with a US seller I would be wary of BBTS and stick with TFSource in my opinion and from past experiences.