Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 05-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #1
Chigimus
Masterpiece
48" Devastator

First off, this is definitely no my project, but I saw this over on the TFW boards recently and thought I would share it here since it doesn't seem like it's been mentioned on these boards. It's just too insane not to share, lol. 4 feet tall, 51 lbs, 6 years to make. Pure AWESOME!

No, the preview pic is not photoshopped, lol. There is another pic of him on the throne in the originating thread that I was not prepared for and it had me in hysterics.

More to see here
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:17 PM   #2
TRUCKvsGUN
Re: 48" Devastator

I like how his expression says "Damnit, nothing good on again."

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:21 PM   #3
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

I remember a massive devastator custom someone posted awhile back and the guy hired prostitutes in bikinis to pose with it lol.

Is this the same one? This one looks much better than the one I remember.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:05 PM   #4
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

It's pretty awesome, isn't it? That's my friend GI Eddie's work. I actually got to see some of this in person when we met up last summer...he had completed the forearms and hands and had connected it to the Bruder vehicles. The construction is brilliant.

Not to toot my own horn, but I designed the head. It is a massive 3D print which has a balljoint and splits in half with 'shelves' inside so he could add the light. The visor was a semi-transparent 3D print. Again, during that same visit the head had just arrived from Shapeways and we got to see how well it turned out. At that point it hadn't been painted.

Any way that is the ONLY 3d printed part, the rest is all handsculpted from wood, foam, plastic etc.

@ Funkmasterke I think that is one from "Cheem the Rup" but I might be mistaken.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:28 AM   #5
optimusb39
Animated

And now third party company's will upscale there mps to this...
Gonna need a bigger house!
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:17 AM   #6
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

I saw this post not long ago too, it's amazing.
This is the post link, I think everyone should take a look, definitely worth your time.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...scale.1089465/

The best part is it works with GI.Joe cobra commander.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:28 AM   #7
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
It's pretty awesome, isn't it? That's my friend GI Eddie's work. I actually got to see some of this in person when we met up last summer...he had completed the forearms and hands and had connected it to the Bruder vehicles. The construction is brilliant.

Not to toot my own horn, but I designed the head. It is a massive 3D print which has a balljoint and splits in half with 'shelves' inside so he could add the light. The visor was a semi-transparent 3D print. Again, during that same visit the head had just arrived from Shapeways and we got to see how well it turned out. At that point it hadn't been painted.

Any way that is the ONLY 3d printed part, the rest is all handsculpted from wood, foam, plastic etc.

@ Funkmasterke I think that is one from "Cheem the Rup" but I might be mistaken.

Awesome is an understatement, it's the over-the-top size of this project that is just hilariously mind-blowing and the overall result is frickin' amazing beyond belief! Like really, at first glance when you're just scrolling through pictures, it's like "yeah, that's pretty good work". Then you see the recent 18" Optimus Prime getting absolutely dwarfed and it makes you do a double take and go "Dafuq did I just see?!", lol. Great contribution with your work on the head, Echo. This is a beautiful achievement of a project.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote