Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 09-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #21
WereDragon EX
Robot Master
Re: Unite warriors Computron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Yeah, the protectobots became defensor in the combiner wars crossover. Last we saw, they had again left Cybertron to return to the list light. And it sure seems clear that onslaught and the combaticons are going to become Bruticus with a brain-dead swindle... I mean, he has the enigma. It's obvious as efffff. And awesome, can't wait for IDW Bruticus. Loving the combaticons in til all are one!

Lightspeed and afterburner were incinerated in the Kimia onslaught (sacrificing themselves to stop the cons from using Kimia as a doomsday weapon). Nosecone was, um, eaten by the sweeps in said assault.

I don't think they're coming back.

(Strafe is aboard the lost light on the security team. According the wiki, scattorshot has only made two small cameos since waaaay back when spotlights were a regular thing!)

Anyway, uw Computron is still amazing.
Yeah, obviously, Bruticus will probably debut in IDW very soon, though I wonder if forming Bruticus with a comatose/brain-dead Swindle will cause a gestalt with a "dead leg", which happened to Devastator when the Constructicons merged using Scrapper's corpse.

Well, IDW has pulled some very strange things in the past, so I wouldn't put it past them to introduce Computron in some form, be it through resurrecting the dead Technobots or simply using substitute characters to form the gestalt anyway. Maybe Scattershot uses his "special combination powers" to make a gestalt anyway, be it Betatron or Computron.

UW Computron is amazing, but I'd also argue that CW Computron is equally so.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:43 PM   #22
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Has anyone had the issue with Unite Warriors Nosecone where the drill pegs rather loosely in the ports in his hands? The drill for my Nosecone seems to want to fall off at times when I attempt certain poses where he has a "drill-hand". Does anyone know how this issue could be fixed? I'm contemplating putting some Future floor polish on the peg for the drill to thicken it a bit, though from the way Nosecones hand ports are designed, it's likely their interiors will cause the floor polish to scrape off.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:32 PM   #23
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Has anyone had the issue with Unite Warriors Nosecone where the drill pegs rather loosely in the ports in his hands? The drill for my Nosecone seems to want to fall off at times when I attempt certain poses where he has a "drill-hand". Does anyone know how this issue could be fixed? I'm contemplating putting some Future floor polish on the peg for the drill to thicken it a bit, though from the way Nosecones hand ports are designed, it's likely their interiors will cause the floor polish to scrape off.
Mine is fine but I feel like it's a bit or miss issue on all uses of the rook mold. My actual rook has one loose port. Club impactor is super tight. Hard to say.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:46 AM   #24
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Mine is fine but I feel like it's a bit or miss issue on all uses of the rook mold. My actual rook has one loose port. Club impactor is super tight. Hard to say.
Ah, I see. Given that I only have Rook and UW Nosecone, it's not something I was totally aware of. The HFG plugged in rather well on both ports for my Nosecone (for hulk hands), and so did his gun and batons/missiles/tonfas, but the drill is rather loose when plugged into both ports, so I thought it was an issue with the drill rather than the ports themselves.

Last edited by WereDragon EX; 12-22-2016 at 01:52 AM.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:29 AM   #25
choomama
Generation 2

Hasbro's technobots, with the exception of Nosecone, I can accept as looking toy accurate. But Hasbro Computron, with that head and chestplate, looks like Superion painted in Computron colors. It's hard to see it as being Computron.

If Hasbro had also given us Defensor with a repainted Silverbot in HotSport Colors would we have accepted that as being Defensor?
choomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:43 AM   #26
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by choomama View Post
Hasbro's technobots, with the exception of Nosecone, I can accept as looking toy accurate. But Hasbro Computron, with that head and chestplate, looks like Superion painted in Computron colors. It's hard to see it as being Computron.

If Hasbro had also given us Defensor with a repainted Silverbot in HotSport Colors would we have accepted that as being Defensor?
Well, I can see Combiner Wars Nosecone being G1 and toy accurate at least in robot mode, since he has those tank tread arms that the G1 toy and character had, and the outline of the G1 character's head is passably similar to the Brawl head (which was used on Combiner Wars Nosecone). The only issue is that Brawl had a mouthplate while Nosecone does not. It's Hasbro's Lightspeed I have issues with (and I can overlook them to a degree, given Hasbro making the set at the eleventh hour), since it still looks like a police car painted in wonky colors. And Streetwise's head doesn't really look like Lightspeed's.

I dunno if you made a fair comparison, since a repainted Silverbolt is still a plane while Hotspot is a fire truck. At the very least, Hasbro made a pretty decent attempt at ensuring their Technobots have the same vehicle modes (a space cruiser, a motorcycle, a rocket plane, a car, and a drill-tank) as in G1. Hasbro's Computron at the very least, still can passibly emulate the G1 Computron silhouette, and people can at a glance, recognize it as Computron, even if it doesn't totally accurately resemble the character at a glance.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:40 AM   #27
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Well, I put some Future floor polish on the peg of my Unite Warriors Nosecone's drill and now it fits in his hand ports just fine. There was initially some scraping off of the floor polish, but I suppose it was only excess since after the first few times, no more floor polish got scraped off and the drill plugs into the hand ports rather securely without falling out. However, it is slightly harder to plug the drill into the front of the vehicle mode, probably due to the floor polish making the drill's peg slightly thicker in diameter.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:48 PM   #28
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

On the top of Afterburner's canopy/windshield, there's a peg that looks like it's supposed to plug into a hole directly underneath it when the canopy/windshield is resting down against the motorcycle mode. Does anyone actually plug that peg into the hole? It seem like a tight fit and I've never actually seen any reviewers on YouTube do it, and I suspect that doing it often might lead to breakage or cracks forming on the canopy/windshield.

Last edited by WereDragon EX; 03-06-2017 at 07:50 PM.