Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag
Want To Buy New VG Console - Need Help

I need help on deciding what video game system to buy. This is largely because I want the new Ghostbusters Game.

I currently have a Wii but I have no interest in the Wii version of the game - I want realism. I am even thinking about selling the Wii altogether to get a new system as I am just tired of Nintendo.

So, the question is do I get a PS3 or a 360? I am having a lot of trouble with this decision. Trying to weigh the pros and cons of both of these systems.

What do you think, what should I do? Is one system really better than the other? Is there a particular version of one of the systems that I should get?

Last edited by Mighty_Galvatron; 06-14-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Want To Buy New VG Console - Need Help

I'm a Sony guy myself, so I'm going to recommend the PS3. For me, I had so many PS2 games that I enjoyed that I still wanted to play... so staying with the Playstation made sense to me. Also, with the PS3 you get and automatic Bluray player and DVD upscaler. Basically it is a home entertainment hub.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #3
Aernaroth
Metroplex

I hate to say it, but if you're planning on becoming a really hardcore gamer, go for the 360. If you're only interested in playing a game every couple of months, go for the PS3. I'm not trying to diss the PS3, and its not a bad system, but I just think the 360 is getting good games at a higher rate than the PS3.

So long as you do your research and think about which is actually better for you though, Im sure you'll enjoy your decision.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

I do consider myself a fairly hardcore gamer - though I have been out of the loop since the ps2/gamecube days (aside from Wii).

360 is sounding more and more the choice to me at the moment. My biggest concern with it is reading various accounts of the system wearing out. This scares me.

PS3 sounds just o.k. to me at the moment. Though for the higher price, I don't want a blueray player at this point in my life I am still happy with DVD...but that is minor compared to the fact that it is no longer backward compatible to PS2 games.

I have a few PS2 games that I still like to play (i.e. Transformers Armada) and I will be selling my PS2 towards this new system. If it was backward compatible I would most likely get it. But since it isn't, it might as well be a 360 no?
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:18 AM   #5
dak
Master Creator

I'm a sony guy. I'm not a fan of the 360 at all. I have had the most memories with PS games, and I really don't connect with the 360 games. Plus, any of those non exclusive games are multiplatform anyways. And I think currently the PS3 has a better roster of current and up coming games.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:07 AM   #6
onecoin
Banned

Both are good. If you wanna save some bones, go 360. You want BluRay go Sony. Either way gets you playing the game you wanna play. You might want to look at all the other games you wanna play though. Either in the existing library and in the near future.

Previously a lot of Multi-platform games have looked better on the 360. Mainly because the 360 was around longer so games were developed for 360 and ported over too PS3. Its different now, since PS3 hase been around for longer than most development cycles. So now we are seeing gaming at par or even superior on the PS3.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:11 AM   #7
punchXcounterpunch

PS3= BluRay... and fat princess yeeeeee!!!!
punchXcounterpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:22 AM   #8
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchXcounterpunch View Post
PS3= BluRay... and fat princess yeeeeee!!!!
That too.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:20 AM   #9
J.Soundwave
Beast Machine

I'm also on the PS3 side here...PS Network, Blu-ray and better exclusives in my opinion. Do you have a computer that can run PC games well? That's another reason i went PS3, seems most games you can play on 360 and not PS3, you can also play on PC, so a 360 was somewhat useless for me.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #10
Devastator
Machine War

You may want to look around for stores that may have a PS3 (usually used) that is backwards-compatible. IIRC the first generation of PS3 consoles had backwards compatibility but the subsequent generations (with the bigger hard drives) lost this feature. If you find one be prepared to pay for it because backwards-compatible PS3 are quite prized.

I hope that helps if backwards-compatibility is an issue.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote