Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #371
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by face View Post
Technically, 'frenzy' is more of a show accurate 2 tone lavender, rather than the light blue of the Japanese toy, or the darker blue or the g1 toy...

I know, I'm not helping
Old 08-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #372
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Picked up a Soundwave in Erie, PA on the way back today. Buffalo area was picked clean by the usual die hard GTA scalpers. Soundwave will be on shelves in GTA before FanExpo and I expect many to exchange hands there.

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #373
San Fran
Generation 1

At the advice of a friend who e-mailed ToysRus.ca and was granted the 25% off discount, I followed suit early last week with a friendly e-mail to ToysRUs.ca Customer Service.

I received an e-mail on Friday stating that they confirmed that my order qualified for the promotion. They have requested a refund in the amount of $30.00 on my behalf, and the refund will be applied to the original form of payment after the item ships, and they'll notify me via email.

For anyone interested, I originally ordered MP Soundwave via pre-order back on Monday August 5th in the morning. So it appears they are granting this in some instances. Doesn't hurt to inquire if you haven't.

I would suggest being kind & professional in your tone & choice of words in the e-mail :-)
San Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #374
CLO
Generation 1

Today a customer service representative manager from TRU contact me regarding my preorder (MP Soundwave and MP Acid Storm). He told me that I shouldn't be using the BABIES10 code but did stated that I will be (GETTING) my MP Soundwave and Acid Storm once they release the opreorders.

I also asked if there will be anymore MP SW, MP A.S up for grabs on the website and it looks like they are all sold out. However TRU is in talks with Hasbro and that is all he told me.

To all the people that use the BABIES10 code, good luck and I hope you do get your orders filled.
CLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #375
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLO View Post
Today a customer service representative manager from TRU contact me regarding my preorder (MP Soundwave and MP Acid Storm). He told me that I shouldn't be using the BABIES10 code but did stated that I will be (GETTING) my MP Soundwave and Acid Storm once they release the opreorders.

I also asked if there will be anymore MP SW, MP A.S up for grabs on the website and it looks like they are all sold out. However TRU is in talks with Hasbro and that is all he told me.

To all the people that use the BABIES10 code, good luck and I hope you do get your orders filled.
So he called to wag his finger at you? Seems like a total waste of csr energy. Why have workers call hundreds of people for no concrete reason?
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #376
konundrum
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Fran View Post
At the advice of a friend who e-mailed ToysRus.ca and was granted the 25% off discount, I followed suit early last week with a friendly e-mail to ToysRUs.ca Customer Service.

I received an e-mail on Friday stating that they confirmed that my order qualified for the promotion. They have requested a refund in the amount of $30.00 on my behalf, and the refund will be applied to the original form of payment after the item ships, and they'll notify me via email.

For anyone interested, I originally ordered MP Soundwave via pre-order back on Monday August 5th in the morning. So it appears they are granting this in some instances. Doesn't hurt to inquire if you haven't.

I would suggest being kind & professional in your tone & choice of words in the e-mail :-)
I agree there is something to be said for manners. I called them earlier and had the same result. Good point
konundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #377
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector

Here in Nova Scotia I haven't seen or heard of the mysterious 25% coupon. I'm not sure if it was national or not.

As far as my preorder, I'm not messing with it, on the off chance some ding-bat at TRU messes it up. I will gladly pass up a $30 discount to maintain my chances. MP SW is something that will likely never physically surface here at the only TRU store in NS.

To those that got the discount, koodos. Me, I'm going to keep sitting tight
Nazarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #378
San Fran
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazarite View Post
Here in Nova Scotia I haven't seen or heard of the mysterious 25% coupon. I'm not sure if it was national or not.

As far as my preorder, I'm not messing with it, on the off chance some ding-bat at TRU messes it up. I will gladly pass up a $30 discount to maintain my chances. MP SW is something that will likely never physically surface here at the only TRU store in NS.

To those that got the discount, koodos. Me, I'm going to keep sitting tight
I'm in Halifax, and as I mentioned I e-mailed and had the coupon applied, as did another local friend who gave me the heads up on the approach.

Regardless, I'm just glad it appears that the majority of people here got a pre-order in, or have some other members looking out for others with one of the extras they may have ordered.

I just wish they would've had this for MP Optimus Prime as well...oh well, at least it appears 'Toys R Us Canada' has learned from that missed opportunity/fiasco

Anxiously awaiting the pre-order release/shipments
Old 08-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #379
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector

Sorry about that, I totally missed that you were in Halifax. Glad to know I'm not alone over here in the east.
Nazarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #380
San Fran
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazarite View Post
Sorry about that, I totally missed that you were in Halifax. Glad to know I'm not alone over here in the east.
It's all good! It's always good to see the fellow NS & other Maritime collectors getting some 'prime' pieces for their collections