Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-21-2013, 02:30 AM   #31
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.
Re: Do we know when MP Soundwave will hit Canada?

With me, I don't notice the scalper problem in TF, most likely because the TRU's around me are never stocked anyways. I notice it more with Monster High. Scalpers will scoop up entire shelves to sell them triple or more online. Especially new dolls. I've actually seen pictures of them with carts upon carts at cashout, even buying entire cases like this all brought at TRU when they came out:

I am sure Hasbro is the same. When emailed Mattel about the issue, they said they could do nothing about how people sell their collections or effect the prices on ebay. Once it's in stores, they cannot control it. They said to speak to the stores directly. Funny though after I spoke about the scapler issue with Webarella at SDCC yesterday, they had changed the limit to 2 per person today. JUSTICE. Hasbro might not even care that Soundwave will get scapled. Their still making money regardless, though not as much as the scaplers are.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:39 AM   #32
Robbler
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
Focus on college, get a great job, buy it at scalper prices.

Or... hunt it down now, student debt will pay for it..and you may pay later down the road =P.

To answer your question, MP basically come in stock and are gone in about a month time period. Depends on the MP, but some are shelf warmers while others are rarely seen. Acid storm for example, you'll have a good chance of getting. Soundwave... pretty unlikely.

Especially if you have other priorities (like school), just go for the Takara 2nd run at $160. It's a reasonable price and if you're just starting the MP collection, you won't need to worry too much about missing out on the tape guys.
Yeah, I thought about getting the Takara one later, but I was really looking forward to Rumble and Frenzy as I prefer them to the other cassetticons. But that's me being nitpicky.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:45 AM   #33
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbler View Post
Yeah, I thought about getting the Takara one later, but I was really looking forward to Rumble and Frenzy as I prefer them to the other cassetticons. But that's me being nitpicky.
Have you thought about selling a kidney?

That way, you get money for Soundwave and you get to help someone out!
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #34
Robbler
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
Have you thought about selling a kidney?

That way, you get money for Soundwave and you get to help someone out!
Great idea! I've always wanted to try and help for the greater good.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #35
konundrum
Generation 1

Called and talked to a nice woman at Toys R Us Headquarters 1-800-TOYSRUS and she said she would pass on my message about the one per customer idea (much the same way as Skylanders etc.). Who knows if it goes through. If anyone else wants to follow suit, they may listen better to more voices, rather than just one who knows it may work out better for everyone's chances of getting one.

Sorry if I am segregating myself from those that want more than one.
konundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #36
big dawg
Energon

that's great, but please keep this thread on topic- its not about scalping or 1 per customer or calling them over and over, just hard info. We can do the "people scalpz soundwave" in another thread (and I'm not backseat modding here as I am the OP)
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #37
CBII
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by konundrum View Post
Called and talked to a nice woman at Toys R Us Headquarters 1-800-TOYSRUS and she said she would pass on my message about the one per customer idea (much the same way as Skylanders etc.). Who knows if it goes through. If anyone else wants to follow suit, they may listen better to more voices, rather than just one who knows it may work out better for everyone's chances of getting one.

Sorry if I am segregating myself from those that want more than one.
Seriously one per customer?

Well I for one can't support that. There is a small group here in etown that will walk in buy atleast 3-5 for our small group. Insuring everyone in the group gets one. If limited to one that sort of screws over all those that have similar agreements across the country.

Sadly scalping won't stop even if limited to one per customer.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #38
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

If it's one per customer, I'm bringing a fake moustache, a monicle, a wig, a prostetic nose, and an eye patch to make 6 seperate versions of myself... And I'm walking in and out of that store one time after another until the staff either laugh their asses off, or just wave their policy ...
When I buy TFs I usually buy for 3 other guys and myself to make sure we all get one.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #39
konundrum
Generation 1

Great ideas, I do also see the purpose of the group buy for fans, I am just trying to think of ways to get one affordably. I would actually be laughing with you with all those disguises. Well played.
konundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #40
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I checked with TRU on Saturday they still didn't have any stock in their system. Nothing in Canada yet. Not sure if there's update today. The CS girls said she knows about it (I was not the first one to ask) and it will be placed at CS counter and 1 per customer only.