Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 02-05-2016, 02:53 AM   #31
Deception
Crossover
Re: Platinum Editon Planet of Junk Set Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
I don't usually pile on, but HOLY CRAP! That's expensive for 2 bad molds.
the wreckgar mold is actually pretty good imo. one of the harder deluxes to transform but he pulls it off both modes pretty good and able to do some sick poses. hotrod looks good in alt mode but thats just about it hahaa
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:55 AM   #32
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Bingo. Kup would have been fine. Hell even preceptor. Springer would be the best choice if a voyager could make it. Anybody but hot rod.

Meh. This is why I wonder who it more affects - does Hasbro care sonlong as TRU is buying this crap, even if TRU ends up losing oodles?
Kup would be as stupid in this set as Hot Rod, given neither of them were there.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:56 PM   #33
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Kup would be as stupid in this set as Hot Rod, given neither of them were there.
...to clash.

Kup and Hot Rod did put an end to the clash.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:10 PM   #34
Longshot
Pretender

Definitely waiting for Walmart or TRU to have a sale. I'm actually quite excited to add them to my collection as I don't have either one.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:23 AM   #35
freshmeat666
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
Great price! Who doesn't want to pay $37 each for old deluxe modes, two of which are the same thing in this set?

Great work, Hasbro! This is how you do it right!
Nailed it.

The worst part is that there are collectors out there making this semi profitable for Hasbro, so they will keep doing it.

I admit, I have no idea how the process works, but my crap TRU, that never has anything decent, has had the Insecticon box set, Platinum Laser Prime and the "gold Soundwave" sitting on a shelf for the better part of a year. No one is buying. They eventually got rid of MP Bluestreak, but price dropped it by $20 before they started moving. How much longer is a retailer going to keep gambling on high priced collection pieces before Hasbro ends up not having anywhere to sell their repaints and re-runs.

I really like the MP wave, but if this keeps up we can be pretty sure that the Hasbro run of the Takara MP's will never get brought over here.
freshmeat666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:02 AM   #36
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmeat666 View Post
Nailed it.

The worst part is that there are collectors out there making this semi profitable for Hasbro, so they will keep doing it.

I admit, I have no idea how the process works, but my crap TRU, that never has anything decent, has had the Insecticon box set, Platinum Laser Prime and the "gold Soundwave" sitting on a shelf for the better part of a year. No one is buying. They eventually got rid of MP Bluestreak, but price dropped it by $20 before they started moving. How much longer is a retailer going to keep gambling on high priced collection pieces before Hasbro ends up not having anywhere to sell their repaints and re-runs.

I really like the MP wave, but if this keeps up we can be pretty sure that the Hasbro run of the Takara MP's will never get brought over here.

It's almost as if they don't realize there's this little thing called the Internet
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:51 AM   #37
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

If the set comes with a box of energon snacks and if Wreck-Gar has a voice chip with quotes from the movie... I'll think about it.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:53 PM   #38
Poflymn
Beast Machine
Poflymn's Ebay Auctions

Now available online for those of you with too much disposible income...

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....uctId=80992896
Poflymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:04 PM   #39
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I mean, 80 would be too much, but understandable (out of stock molds, "premium".)

It's pointless to complain about Platinum at this point. I just wonder when the message will get through. Does it even impact Hasbro once TRU places their orders? We've watched every single Platinum release go on clearance for the past year and a half. Shitty King Starscream, to the crap still shelf-warming now, even YOTH Prime didn't sell that well and went on clearance.

So for TRU, they're getting rid of all these toys, IF they can, for well under the RRSP. They can't be making money. Does it matter to Hasbro? Seriously, how does this work? TRU gets fucked and Hasbro laughs? Until TRU stops ordering TFs?

But somehow I doubt TRU corporate understands what TFs are likely to sell and what won't, but I don't really know how they place orders.
I bet this is the Ubisoft Shoverlware School of Pricing.

Ubisoft has a TON of crappy game, usually DS and 3DS games, they have made over the years. The whole 'Battle of Giant' line, the 'Imagine' line, any type of shovel ware. They get them on WalMart shelves and stuff like that by selling them at a pittance, but giving them a high suggested retail price. Like "Oh this game is going to give us 30$ of profit for each unit sold instead of 10$ for that Assasin whatever game! Let's order tons of it" biut the game sucks so it ends up in a clearance bin and they end up making 5$ on it. IF it sells.

This is probably the same thing. TRU is probbly getting them at like 20$ the set! Even if they cut the price in half they'll make money AND suckers will pay the sales price 'because it's on sale! It's a good deal!'. They probably know they won't sell at that ridiculous price, they just want to look magnanimous when they bring it down by 30% or something.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classics, generations, hotrod, planet of junk, rodimus, wreckgar