Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-27-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Talking Transform your collection!

So while I normally display my figures in robot mode, I like to transform or otherwise reorganize them once in a while for the sake of giving my army some new life. I mean, isn't this part of the appeal of having transformers? Also, has anyone done this recently, and if so, to which figures?

For example, TM Cheetor & gator Megatron have rejoined myself in beast mode, and I'll likely be doing the same to my micromasters when I get around to reworkings things this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:37 AM   #2
damian_1349
Machine War
Re: Transform your collection!

I actually did that just the other day, my classics collection and plane tf shelf got transformed into alt mode...its nice to have a different view every now and again. thumbs up for anyone who enjoys playing(i use the term lightly) with their tfs
damian_1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:51 AM   #3
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Yep, "playing" with our toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
justprime
Animated

Every once and awhile I will transform the whole collection just to keep them from siezing up and to remind me of the marvolous alternate forms these toys take whith that said its not done often as to the amount of time it takes to accomplish this task
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

Usually the newer stuff gets some attention.
I was just goofing with DOTM Sentinel Prime yesterday which I got about 6 months ago.
Not an easy one to play with...

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
hardreturn
break the line

while i never display them in alt mode due to space, i do make a habit of transforming them.

Feedback/TFW Feedback/Sales
hardreturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Most of my 900 + collection is trapped in plastic tubs for storage, were I to have all of them on display finding the time to transform them all would take... cycles.

However I would probably find time to fiddle with them ocassionally.

What I currently do have on display, well it will be transformed when I get the itch. You know what I'm talking about, you just bought a single new figure and learned how to TF him for the first time, but then you get the itch to TF something more. So what do you do? (Go out and buy another one? I think not.) You pick up someone else on the shelf and have a little mock battle. Complete with Transforming and Transforming again and again.

It appeases the itch, and allows for some fun different displays.

When you don't have the itch, which is more often than not in my case, you sometimes can't help yourself and just go stir crazy, so you have to transform something. What fun it is to have the need to transform, that's why I'll never be an MISB/MOSC collector, staring at a mint in package item just wouldn't appease that itch. My fingers would get all twitchy, I'd start to lose control and before you know it... Cardboard Carnage Everywhere, so if you're an MISBer never let me near your collection. Who knows if I'll be able to control this rabid transforming monster in the presence of so many MISB figures. :lol
Old 12-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
justprime
Animated

So here is the question? I will pose to you all,... How long does it take to transform your collection? I'll start it off, for me at three hours a day it takes me over a week and 1/2 to go from robot mode to Vehicle/base/ pretender etc... and makes the house look like a giant value village "LOL"
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #9
damian_1349
Machine War

I would say it would take me a good week as well
damian_1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #10
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
So here is the question? I will pose to you all,... How long does it take to transform your collection? I'll start it off, for me at three hours a day it takes me over a week and 1/2 to go from robot mode to Vehicle/base/ pretender etc... and makes the house look like a giant value village "LOL"
If only given a limited amount of time per day I'd say perhaps five days, depending on how many figures I get transformed in a day. Also depending on if I would take everyone out of storage and then Transform them via series or size class, as Mini-Cons/Micromasters/Master Partners take less time to TF than Leader or Ultra figures.

If on the other hand I had nothing to do that day, nowhere to go, no plans, nothing. And I just sat there TFing all day I could probably get everyone into their robot or vehicle/beast modes within the day. I would estimate it would take at least 15 hours, perhaps more.

Tags
beast, change, collection, mode, transform