Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-20-2018, 02:39 AM   #71
Crobot91
Metroplex
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
I feel that I shouldn't feel like I'm handling a precious and very fragile artifact that would cost an arm and a leg to replace should the worse happens.

When I buy some for children, I simply hate knowing that I HAVE to tell them to be very gentle with them because they are too easily broken, and once the wave is passed, it's GONE and to replace, you're very possibly stuck with buying from scalpers that double/triple the prices.
Generally, most mainstream toys don't have issues but there are exceptions. Let's not forget TRU Exclusive Masterpiece Rodimus Prime which had a lot of quality control issues; including shoulders that tore off for some folks by simply taking it out of the plastic tray. Let's not even talk about the wonky knees and ankles. Also, keep in mind that the box said 5+ age category.

Marvel Legends are also notorious for snapping ankles and other limbs that are too tight that result in stress to the plastic when trying to pose them.

But overall, the main issue I have with today's TFs is that they are very loose and the joints aren't tight.

Pisses me off when I have CW and TR figures standing side by side; one of them falls and its like a domino-effect, lol...
Old 10-20-2018, 05:15 AM   #72
DinobotsDestroyU
Generation 2

The level of transforming my TFs ... well let's just say the best part of the original 80s ones you didn't have to spend an hour just transforming from bot to vehicle, then hesitating or having a beer before transforming back to bot.

I remember Sideburn from R.I.D. and Omega Prime, man the intricacy was great but the joy of simple transformation was non-existent. I think I transformed both to vehicle mode and said "to Hell with this" and ended up selling them.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:31 AM   #73
TRUCKvsGUN

My biggest problem with this hobby is the online fan "community". I put the word community in quotation marks because this isn't a community at all. People nitpick everything others say and address each other with complete disregard for civility, all in an effort to "win". I put the word win in quotation marks because no one is winning anything. Most online collectors, it seems, are social retards and incels venting their real life frustrations at virtual targets without consequence. I miss the days before the internet when interactions were face to face and civility was customary.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:51 PM   #74
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post

When I buy some for children, I simply hate knowing that I HAVE to tell them to be very gentle with them because they are too easily broken, and once the wave is passed, it's GONE and to replace, you're very possibly stuck with buying from scalpers that double/triple the prices.

Agreed. Waves suck. Kids who make christmas lists early in the year have almost no chance of receiving any figures they ask for except the last one on their list because of waves.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:54 AM   #75
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN View Post
My biggest problem with this hobby is the online fan "community". I put the word community in quotation marks because this isn't a community at all. People nitpick everything others say and address each other with complete disregard for civility, all in an effort to "win". I put the word win in quotation marks because no one is winning anything. Most online collectors, it seems, are social retards and incels venting their real life frustrations at virtual targets without consequence. I miss the days before the internet when interactions were face to face and civility was customary.
I can't say I see that at all in my limited interactions with other fans. I've had almost all good conversations on this board and others. When I meet other collectors in stores they're always cool to talk to. The biggest disagrements I've seen are between those that like G1 toy coloured MPs and toon accurate ones. Where are you running into all this bad mojo stuff you're upset with? Also, aren't incels those guys that hate women? Are there people who take offence to the fembots?
Old 10-21-2018, 01:15 AM   #76
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
I can't say I see that at all in my limited interactions with other fans. I've had almost all good conversations on this board and others. When I meet other collectors in stores they're always cool to talk to. The biggest disagrements I've seen are between those that like G1 toy coloured MPs and toon accurate ones. Where are you running into all this bad mojo stuff you're upset with? Also, aren't incels those guys that hate women? Are there people who take offence to the fembots?
Yeah dont know where this guy is going with his incels but dont forget its a complaing thread so kudos.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:12 AM   #77
TRUCKvsGUN

Like I said, it's the online community, and yeah meeting people in store is totally different. Also, cybertron.ca is much better than tfw, which is why I mostly post here. About incels, you should have had a read of their thread on Hasbro's recent financial and legal problems, where folks did in fact blame fembots (mind you it's mostly modded out now).

If you guys haven't had that experience, then all the better for you. I haven't had toys breaking on me like others posting above.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime

Last edited by TRUCKvsGUN; 10-21-2018 at 02:14 AM.
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:44 PM   #78
Pascal
Banned

Collectors lying about how much they actually paid for their stuff.

Collectors using imaginary nephews to get deals.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:59 PM   #79
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Collectors lying about how much they actually paid for their stuff.

Collectors using imaginary nephews to get deals.
Lol, can I get a gift receipt for that
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:36 AM   #80
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Rumble is blue, Frenzy is Red.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote