Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 06-29-2007, 12:54 AM   #21
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor
Re: Transformers Movie Review Thread (SPOILER WARNINGS)

Cool, cool, cool, cool, the movie was AWESOME! There were some problems, like the editing, thin plot, and lack of character in the third act... that is all. the CGI was perfect, not once did it take me out of the experience. watching Ratchet speak and Jazz moving was amazing. I find that I can't pick my favorite fight, but the coolest fight scene was Prime putting his sword through Bonecrusher's head and then cutting it off. It's also a very funny movie, most of the scenes involve Sam, but the Autobots have some really hilarious parts as well.
I'm seeing it again next week sometime, I'll have more to say after the second viewing.

Please try and keep this Transformers movie related I don't want to have to delete post.

Last edited by Code of Honor; 06-29-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:59 AM   #22
MightAsWell Go4ASoda

LOL decided to actually add in the cool cool cool cool thing eh? well you're just saying what we're all thinking. That definatly was the best part of the movie. Optimus pwns Bonecrusher with a freaking sword in the head. Nothing could possibly take away the awsome from that.
MightAsWell Go4ASoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:08 AM   #23
Oreobot
Beasty

I guess this is the place for discussing the comic adaption of the movie too...because the details should be the same in both.

I just read it the whole comic adaption tonight. I can't believe how many characters they killed off. And Jazz died...so why are they coming out with a repaint of him? Does the colour scheme fit into the movie somehow, because it wasn't in the comic.

I figured when they killed the minion Decepticons that the robots that carried them would get it, too, so I'm not surprised.

I see Seibertron.com posted that a sequel just got the green light, but where can you go with this storyline? They killed, like, half the cast, including Jazz and Megatron. Unless, this is a toy commercial, as in they'll introduce new characters so people will go out and buy more.

Last edited by Oreobot; 06-29-2007 at 01:10 AM.
Oreobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:36 AM   #24
Code of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightAsWellGo4ASoda View Post
LOL decided to actually add in the cool cool cool cool thing eh? well you're just saying what we're all thinking.
Yeah, thats what my mind went to when I started typing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobot View Post
I just read it the whole comic adaption tonight. I can't believe how many characters they killed off. And Jazz died...so why are they coming out with a repaint of him? Does the colour scheme fit into the movie somehow, because it wasn't in the comic.
That's Hasbro, getting as much use out of the molds as possible.

Quote:
I see Seibertron.com posted that a sequel just got the green light, but where can you go with this storyline? They killed, like, half the cast, including Jazz and Megatron. Unless, this is a toy commercial, as in they'll introduce new characters so people will go out and buy more.
Can't wait, hopefully Summer 2009. There's many, many places they could go with the story. For one Megatron will be back, no way he's dead, Starscream, Barricade, and Scorponok were also not killed. There are a lot of characters they can bring in for both the Autobots and Decepticons. I think they have more then enough to do a trilogy.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:40 AM   #25
Oreobot
Beasty

So, if the Decepticons didn't really die,do you think that Jazz really died then? Could they bring him back or was it clear he was finished?
Oreobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:21 AM   #26
Synch
Beasty

yes jazzs death was disapointing... the flick and the fights went by so fast I had trouble keeping up with some of them... Like I missed half the thing w with optimus and the sword killing that guy... I duno I must have blinked or something

Either way it was highly enjoyable! Though my main problems with it were...

Frenzy... I guess they had to make him all gadjety or he would be far too terminatorish :|

Man he was annoying though! I didn't really mind but all his chatter was uhg...

the allspark...

Why was it only creating bad robots?.. Shouldn't it have made some Good robots too?!??!?!...

Example... DEWBOT! (err the pop machine... ) was a evil robot I loved the throw in of him though since I love his design & the game was fun too

& that main s7 guy was really annoying... Who acts like that?!...

Other wise the movie was great and I didn't mind the human bits at all which is good cause it was basically most of the movie Sam and his chicka were great!

To put it simply ... I don't care how much of a die hard "g1" "fan" you are if you don't go see this movie in theaters even if its just on a cheap night you are a $(&*#ing moron :P

Last edited by Synch; 06-29-2007 at 02:23 AM.
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:42 AM   #27
Code of Honor

Quote:
So, if the Decepticons didn't really die,do you think that Jazz really died then? Could they bring him back or was it clear he was finished?
it's clear that Jazz is dead, along with Brawl, mistakenly named Devastator (how could they miss that), Frenzy, Blackout, and of course Bonecrusher.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:48 AM   #28
darthrage
Beast Machine

Is it like the underlying theme of reviewers to say that thin plot is a negative thing??

Have you seen a Michael Bay movie before??

Have you ever really noticed something really deep in the plot?? sheeeeeesh

Did the original cartoon ever have lots of depth to it in the first season??

We all know the plot by now, this movie is about the Transformers, thats the most important thing. The focus is not on a pair of glasses or a big black cube.

As long as I see photo-realistic robots battle the hell out of each other, I am happy
Old 06-29-2007, 08:44 AM   #29
ANDROID PRIME
Robot in Disguise

I Loved the movie. The autobots were spot on! i didnt think they would pull off jazz but they did. did any one notice that he break dance transforms.

I think they could have taken rachel taylor and anthony anderson characters right out of the movie and i dont think any one would have missed them. they could have used that time to develop the decepticon characters.

not enough megs starscream dialog.

Frenzy was alot cooler than I expected. I loved that they threw in the part where the human was like, hey a boom box i better bring it inside. pure g1

I didnt really understand why the allspark killed megatron. and i wish they elaborated on the sparks a bit more. also did any one find it wierd when prime was saying. "shove the cube in my chest!"
ANDROID PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #30
Synch
Beasty

I was thinking it was going to lead to the creation of the matrix or something and then the autobots would all get magicly healed and repaired and maybe some upgradeds & then kick the deceps ass...

I am glad that did not happen but uh yeah...

I agree with you ... Not enough explaining going about Like how would some grunt like BB even KNOW how to alter the allspark?.. :S

It still sorta annoys me that it only created evil life WTF?.. :S
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote