Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #11
Mumps
Canadian Slag
Re: Is Shout Factory Still Releasing Masterforce & Victory on DVD?

They canceled all of their pre-orders for the set a while back with a notice saying something along the lines of "It's coming for sure, but... we don't know when. So, we are canceling your order just in case."
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #12
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Last I heard they acquired better masters. And were re-doing them. Nothing since that I know of.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #13
Protoman
The Legend

They only did Headmasters alone cause they felt that it would do well in retail (having G1 USA connections) while they can't expect the likes of Masterforce and Victory to do well in retail sales. They will be subtitled, there will be a bunch of extras. It's just SUPER delayed.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #14
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
They only did Headmasters alone cause they felt that it would do well in retail (having G1 USA connections) while they can't expect the likes of Masterforce and Victory to do well in retail sales. They will be subtitled, there will be a bunch of extras. It's just SUPER delayed.
Are you saying that I have to pay online for the full Japanese set in order to get Masterforce and Victory when I wanted to buy it at retail and support Shout!'s retail products? Not only that, but I have to buy Headmasters all over again?

*SIGH* Is it too much to ask for new Transformers G1 based cartoons... Or I should say 'new' because technically we've never seen them before, at reasonable and easily found retail locations.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #15
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Are you saying that I have to pay online for the full Japanese set in order to get Masterforce and Victory when I wanted to buy it at retail and support Shout!'s retail products? Not only that, but I have to buy Headmasters all over again?

*SIGH* Is it too much to ask for new Transformers G1 based cartoons... Or I should say 'new' because technically we've never seen them before, at reasonable and easily found retail locations.
They are worried cause the casual market will not buy it, as well as the are worried the fans that do know of it might have already watched/seen it online.

Keep in mind, this is a similar problem they are having trying to get Season 3 of ANIMATED out.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #16
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
They are worried cause the casual market will not buy it, as well as the are worried the fans that do know of it might have already watched/seen it online.

Keep in mind, this is a similar problem they are having trying to get Season 3 of ANIMATED out.
Is this the same excuse they gave for keeping Ghostbusters out of the store shelves? No offense to Shout!, but I would sorely like to pick up these at retail, and just because some fans may have seen copies of it online doesn't mean they wouldn't want to own a non-bootleg copy for once.

I can't be the only one who feels this way. But I do understand why they might fear such things, sadly it's the problem of this whole everything at your fingertips online, everyone thinks that just because you can find it on the Internet means you don't want to own physical copies of things anymore. Digital Copy this, online magazine that... It's utterly frustrating for me as I prefer having something that I can touch, and hold, not just something that can be lost with one bad power surge or viral assault.

Shout! was the one who did the Real Ghostbusters stuff right? I know it was released briefly, but I haven't seen it since the initial release and they only made Volume One available at Retail. Is it my fault I can't actually afford online pricing and prefer retail pieced out sets that aren't all one lump 100$+ price. Casual shoppers aren't going to find it online unless they're fully dedicated and know of it in advance, someone who walks in one day and sees their old favorite on the shelf isn't going to be able to do that if they relegate it to limited run online maxi-sets.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #17
sikkbones
Banned

are the headmasters DVDs in japanese or subtitled?
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #18
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post

Shout! was the one who did the Real Ghostbusters stuff right? I know it was released briefly, but I haven't seen it since the initial release and they only made Volume One available at Retail..

I have the Real Ghostbusters Collectors box. And it came from Time. Inside the box is 5 tins. And they have Sony stamped on them.

I do remember seeing it briefly at Walmart once, in individual tins. But I can't remember who released them. And whether it was all Season Ones or not.

Last edited by Akroyer; 10-27-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #19
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

I think what they should do is hold back the release of these sets and spend some quality time and money and actually get good translations so we can have actual spoken language that we can understand and not have to read. From what I've read the translation is terrible and the few bootlegged voice overs and sound effects are even worse.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #20
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Sales could not have been that bad for Headmasters, cuz I can't find it at the 5 Walmarts I have been too. Each one did carry it initially as well, just figures when I want it, its gone. Ah well, online ordering I guess.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote