Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-09-2020, 11:44 PM   #2211
RocketGTR
Animated
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Dead Optimus on sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Not .ca but .com is having a sales on the ER Dead Prime right now:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZPL8SW1...Da14D1wB9s0hQc
Thanks. Always more helpful posting the link to the actual item 😉
Old 11-10-2020, 01:46 AM   #2212
RocketGTR
Animated

Got the dreaded:

"Unfortunately, your package was not delivered because it was damaged. If you haven’t already received a refund, please contact us."

Got to Vancouver "damaged" and returned to Seller...

Well order again and see what happens...
Old 11-10-2020, 02:06 AM   #2213
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Got the dreaded:

"Unfortunately, your package was not delivered because it was damaged. If you haven’t already received a refund, please contact us."

Got to Vancouver "damaged" and returned to Seller...

Well order again and see what happens...
Complain and get store credit!
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:29 AM   #2214
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Complain and get store credit!
Ya just got off the chat with them about that.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #2215
steamwhistle
Crossover

I ordered one (Paradron medics) just to see what happens. Should arrive Thursday.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:33 PM   #2216
Saundowaivu
Beasty

If theres something fishy going on in halton hills could we get the better business beaurau involved. If amazon itself wont do anything about protecting their customers perhaps we can put pressure on them that way?
Saundowaivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:58 PM   #2217
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

BBB wont do anything for you. They are just a rating system like google review, they hold 0 power on what any business will do.

I used to work CS online management and handled BBB complaints (tigerdirect.ca). Having complaints simply go away was really easy, just give an excuse and hand out a credit for future purchase and BBB will side with the retailer. If Amazon claims that issues are external or theft then BBB wont place fault on Amazon and will disregard your complaint. There is no investigation process beyond this. At most you will get some kind of credit coupon on future purchase.

Also heard some say they would file a legal claim. That would go nowhere. First the amount claimed is below he small claims threshold. One could claim punitive damages of some sort that goes over the required threshold but then you would need to show how its Amazons fault while proving how not receiving an ordered toy did actual damages toward you. If you got the refund and no toy then you suffered no provable damages outside of your toy shelf not being filled which the courts wont care about. I don't actively practice law anymore but I am still licensed to practice and that's my professional opinion.

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 11-10-2020 at 01:08 PM.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:09 PM   #2218
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
BBB wont do anything for you. They are just a rating system like google review, they hold 0 power on what any business will do.

I used to work CS online management and handled BBB complaints (tigerdirect.ca). Having complaints simply go away was really easy, just give an excuse and hand out a credit for future purchase and BBB will side with the retailer. If Amazon claims that issues are external or theft then BBB wont place fault on Amazon and will disregard your complaint. There is no investigation process beyond this. At most you will get some kind of credit coupon on future purchase.

Also heard some say they would file a legal claim. That would go nowhere. First the amount claimed is below he small claims threshold. One could claim punitive damages of some sort that goes over the required threshold but then you would need to show how its Amazons fault while proving how not receiving an ordered toy did actual damages toward you. If you got the refund and no toy then you suffered no provable damages outside of your toy shelf not being filled which the courts wont care about. I don't actively practice law anymore but I am still licensed to practice and that's my professional opinion.
Isn't it still fraud though to charge a person's credit card with no intention of providing goods or services??? Or am I completely off on the Fraud understanding?
Old 11-10-2020, 01:15 PM   #2219
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Isn't it still fraud though to charge a person's credit card with no intention of providing goods or services??? Or am I completely off on the Fraud understanding?

there are several types of fraud in law. nobody should be charged for something that wasn't shipped but once a refund is given then there are no damages in law. Without a provable loss in place then there is no case which is why punitive damages would be the only viable course.

Punitive damages is basically a slap on the wrist and making an example in law against that retailer but it's very rare for this to happen. On top of this is if a refund is issued then no punitive damages will be recognized since the plaintiff will have been put back in the same position prior to being charged.

Again, if all money is returned but no toy was shipped then there are no provable damages. Not getting a toy doesn't constitute damages as you are no worse off than before.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:57 PM   #2220
predahank
Storing is hoarding

my medic set hit Halton Hills today. Have never even heard of that hub until reading about this recent clusterfuck.

I’ll go into this with the assumption that it will never arrive but if it does, it will be a pleasant surprise
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote