Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
chuskers
Machine War
Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Fix

Hi everybody, was lucky enough to pick myself up a MP Soundwave and found that the left leg joint is incredibly tough to turn. (it's the very top joint right at the hip) Really a problem when trying to transform him into the tape deck. I've tried loosening the screw but it didn't help. Any of you out there with the same problem and any ideas how to solve it. I'm fearing a stress fracture if I transform him a few more times

Thanks for the help
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
chuskers
Machine War
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave Fix

Started this awhile ago .. and since SW seems to be popping up at doorsteps, maybe we can help others with QC issues
Old 09-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
konundrum
Generation 1

I haven't had that issue, but my QC issue is my Rumble (blue) is missing the pin holding his upper and lower body together. I think I can get a small peg in to hold it, otherwise maybe a small drop of glue will hold it, no moving pieces around there anyway.
konundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
Rev
Addict

I find it hard the first time and then they loosen up. Both Takara and Hasbro.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
BoNKerS
Animated

yup mine was the same I was scared to transform him. All is good now tho
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
Cronosabre
Machine War

I'm experiencing this problem as well. I am getting a clicking noise when putting him into the splits position and have to use a lot of force to put the leg back into a normal standing position. It sounds and feels like plastic teeth are grinding against each other. The other leg moves nice and smoothly though.

I also find he leans backwards slightly when I try to stand him up straight, anyone else have this issue?
Cronosabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

My biggest thing is that the tab for his left leg in cassette player mode is SUPER tight. Takes a lot of elbow grease to get it to pop out so he can be a robot again.

Not a big deal, but I do worry about breaking off that tab.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
Cronosabre
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
My biggest thing is that the tab for his left leg in cassette player mode is SUPER tight. Takes a lot of elbow grease to get it to pop out so he can be a robot again.

Not a big deal, but I do worry about breaking off that tab.
Thanks for the info, I haven't transformed him yet. I'll be careful tabbing him in and may sand down the tab if necessary.

I did take apart his hip joint in that leg casuing me trouble (cannon side leg) and found some plastic flashing on one of the parts in there. After I removed it and reassembled his leg moves a lot better now and there is no more clicking noises.
Cronosabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
chuskers
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronosabre View Post
I'm experiencing this problem as well. I am getting a clicking noise when putting him into the splits position and have to use a lot of force to put the leg back into a normal standing position. It sounds and feels like plastic teeth are grinding against each other. The other leg moves nice and smoothly though.

I also find he leans backwards slightly when I try to stand him up straight, anyone else have this issue?

got the opposite problem, mine still looks like it has a sore back ... leans forward. must be all those years of carrying robots in his chest :-)
Old 09-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #10
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuskers View Post
got the opposite problem, mine still looks like it has a sore back ... leans forward. must be all those years of carrying robots in his chest :-)
Check the legs, they may in wrong position when u twist them while you transform them. Look at the box front photo to compare to the toy.

I cannot provide any solution to any fix, but I have a tip... DON'T flip the jetpack fins on Buzzsaw and Laserbeak ALL the way. I just flip it half way, I am not risking to break those fins... I used lots of pressure, and it seems like that's the most it can go on mine. I know it will break if I go futher. Be patient when transforming, the tapes are very fragile.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote