Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-13-2019, 09:53 PM   #31
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast
Re: Siege Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Many of us are still waiting for the Toy Gods to deliver Siege Springer into the retail outlets so we may exchange our $40+tax and thus participate in this highly spirited debate.
I know, right?

I'm dying to see what all the hubbub is about.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:46 PM   #32
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

No more flame warsy stuff or I'm just going to lock the thread.

Play nice, or it get's locked up.

But in the spirit of conversation, I also don't really care for Siege Springer. I loved the look and the idea of getting it when it was announced but getting it in hand just wasn't fun. The tabs were far too tight and led to a less than enjoyable transformation. After a back and forth with the transformations, I set it up to display in robot mode... only to have the figure fall over under it's own weight. The ankles just can't support it. I used a little bit of FS on the pivots, and it helped, but not enough for me to say that this is a good figure.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:56 PM   #33
riderman
Beast Machine

Just want to say I heard so many things about this Transformer THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY that I really hope to find him and judge it myself. Has anyone found him in Ontario lately? I never found him in the wild yet. Hopefully I'll find him one day but until then Happy hunting everyone and Good Luck
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:43 AM   #34
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

In sincerity:

Springer is one of my favorite characters in the tf franchise, full stop. His original g1 toy is not great but whatever, it was g1. We went basically three decades without getting a proper triple changer Springer toy. Thrilling 30 voyager is, simply, one of the best mainline toys in the entire chug line. The sandstorm retool tightens it up and improves it, but it doesn't have the charm or character that Springer does. He's a lean, poseable, svelte toy that honors the original design, takes cues from Nick Roche's utterly fantastic illustrations, and adapts it all into a wonderful update. It's a fun, big car mode and a solid chopper.

For my tastes one of the more uninspiring aspect of potp and now siege is the seeming emphasis on "g1, but with more articulation!" That isn't as interesting to me as creative updates of the characters. It's just rehashing.

I haven't handled siege Springer. I've seen him in hand. I'm disappointed in just how boxy he is. It's like an exaggeration of the original toys simplicity. But... That's also not necessarily g1 Springer. Tf:TM and s3 Springer isn't a chonking square of chunk. The deco is good, nice greens, good contrast...

Until they cover him in what to my eyes appears to be the biggest "battle damage" deco of the line. It's a line-wide choice that doesn't improve the look of any figure, imo. Maybe Soundwave has more, but it doesn't look so horrible. YMMV. For my money it ruins any appeal the toy might have. It looks like he has been sprayed by a sewage truck. It's not battle damage, it's poo spray. Fine. Mud spray if you must. It's ugly and unnecessary.

I can't speak to if he is or isn't fun to play with; I'm not going to buy like, my favorite character,because he looks like shit and I already have a fucking tremendous toy to represent him. Enjoy him if you do! Don't if you don't! For all my cheek, i do have reasons.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:34 AM   #35
Primetyme
Generation 2

Just took my first crack at transforming him and it wasn't easy nor fun. Will try again later but yes there's a lot of tabbing and parts swinging around. Obviously will get easier as it's done more often, but he'll probably stay in robot mode mostly which is a shame for a triple changer.
Primetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:09 PM   #36
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
Has anyone found him in Ontario lately?
Found mine last week at Barrie North Wal-Mart. Good luck!
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:24 PM   #37
TriBlurr
Robot in Disguise

Found one here this week. I dig him. Haven't had any issues with the tabs or loose joints. He's pretty nice. I have the thrilling 30 one too. He's great too. I like both. Ah well, one is IDW the other is old school. All good.
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:02 PM   #38
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBlurr View Post
Ah well, one is IDW the other is old school. All good.
I think that's what I like between the two lines. They are different because they aren't aiming to be the same thing.

I just got mine Tuesday, haven't opened it yet, so I can't say I like him or not. But I like the look.

It'll be tough to beat the Thrilling 30 one though.
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:31 PM   #39
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
I think that's what I like between the two lines. They are different because they aren't aiming to be the same thing.

I just got mine Tuesday, haven't opened it yet, so I can't say I like him or not. But I like the look.

It'll be tough to beat the Thrilling 30 one though.
As you write, it doesnt really matter if it beats it or not since it serves a different purpose. I did find the thrilling 30 one far too tall for my season 3 cast. This one will scale beautifully with the inner hot rod "rodimus" figure we got with last year's leader.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:18 PM   #40
TriBlurr
Robot in Disguise

He does look good with the others. Wish I had gotten legends Blurr.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190813_191655.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	44499  
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote