Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: How was the episode?
Excellent! 28 73.68%
Good 6 15.79%
Passable 2 5.26%
Terrible! 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #21
jessikaowl
Generation 2
Re: Transformers Animated Episode 09 Official Discussion

"IIIiiii am count Dracubot...... I vant to suck your motor oil! bla......"

LOL, I woke up the bf laughing so hard

Great episode, I'm liking this series more than anything else for years!

I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy.....all right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
jessikaowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:06 AM   #22
Wodicus
Beasty

IT was a great episode I have to say. I really liked how BA was Elita-1 and they managed to do it in a way that I didn't see coming until she used her power. It was great and I look forward to seeing this story
get into full swing.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:53 AM   #23
Dinobot Swoop
Machine War
Dinobot Swoop's Ebay Auctions

Best episode yet, even a little better than 'Blast from the Past' and that's saying alot coming from me 'cuz I'm a die hard Dinobot fan. Loving how they're pulling from all the different continuities to make what sums up to be the most incredible show in years for the franchise. And Elita-One becoming Blackarachnia... Whoa. Never saw that coming (at some point I thought she'd either be a corrupted Autobot protoform (Ã* la Beast Wars) or somehow Arcee reprogrammed.)

And isn't Sentinel Prime the total smeghead? I mean, he's blaming Optimus for Elita's 'death', yet if it hadn't been for him, they'd never have gone to that planet in the first place. Even his cartoon model reaks of the arrogant SOB that he his.

God hates you and doesn't want you to have toys.
Dinobot Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #24
ohnaji
Beasty

Black Arachnia's entrance into this series was handled much better than the Dinobots. Unfortunately I found her back story somewhat forced, with her and Optimus sharing a history together along with Sentinel. The original BA was probably one of the most compelling characters in Beast Wars lore mainly due to the fact that we were able witness her growth. This incarnation seems pretty transparent so far, and right now she isn't as interesting. Maybe it's just me...I was hoping she would be more mysterious in her debut.
I'm glad Sari's usage of the key was addressed, but there hasn't been anything in this episode to elevate her above the annoying human earth kid mold. Nine episodes in, and I'm not finding any good reason to even like this character.
The Autobots in costume was horrendously goofy, but not as much as Optimus jumping from rooftops doing his best Spider-man/Batman/TeenTitans impersonation.
In terms of production values, the quality of this episode is fairly adequate. This episode doesn't look nearly as good as ep.4 or 8. This makes me wonder why the production team would contract out these throw away episodes to Japanese studios while more significant moments in this series run would be handed out to lower animation houses. Given the choice, I would much rather watch this episode animated brilliantly than the previous one. Why does Nanosec get more love than BA?
Other things to note: the key seems to be a lot more powerful than what anybody thought. Apparently one way to purge organics from machines is to age it out.
Overall, it's wasn't horrible in terms of story, but it should have been better.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:52 AM   #25
jacobot
drone 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnaji View Post
...I'm glad Sari's usage of the key was addressed, but there hasn't been anything in this episode to elevate her above the annoying human earth kid mold. Nine episodes in, and I'm not finding any good reason to even like this character...
Finally,a show my 4 year old girl and 8 year old boy both love and can watch toghether.
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #26
chisau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnaji View Post
Black Arachnia's entrance into this series was handled much better than the Dinobots. Unfortunately I found her back story somewhat forced, with her and Optimus sharing a history together along with Sentinel. The original BA was probably one of the most compelling characters in Beast Wars lore mainly due to the fact that we were able witness her growth. This incarnation seems pretty transparent so far, and right now she isn't as interesting. Maybe it's just me...I was hoping she would be more mysterious in her debut.

I agree with you. I like black Arachnia much as the next guy, but her history been Elita-one and the whole bio-tech merging and her crying.... it's just bad writing.

oh and COH, i didn't notice the tread ,OK! I don't mind you closing treads and stuff, but you don't have to be rude about it. at least not in public.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:54 PM   #27
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

It was great IMO, but why is BA on earth, and where are the other decepticons? She was on the shuttle with the rest of them in the first ep right?

I'm going to go ahead and answer my own question:

The decepticons received the call from lockdown concerning the autobots being on earth. Being the crafty Decepti-chick that she is, she hoodwinked the others in to chasing the Autobots down on another area, only to be sent on a wild goose chase, while she has a chance to reach the all-spark, the traitorous Prime and her ultimate freedom from her bio-body.

Any thoughts?
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:07 PM   #28
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Didn't Lockdown confirm with Blitzwing that the Autobots were on earth? I can't remember all that clearly but I know he atleast contacted Blitzwing, so I assumed by that we'll be seeing some 'Cons sooner than later.......

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:20 PM   #29
ohnaji
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobot View Post
Finally,a show my 4 year old girl and 8 year old boy both love and can watch toghether.
You know in retrospect I'm probably being a lot harder on Sari's character than I need to be. If I was much younger, Sari wouldn't be as annoying. I'm either too jaded or too busy lamenting squandered potential.
It's awesome your kids are new Transfans.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:26 PM   #30
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I actually really like Sarii's character. Seems like she actually fits in the story, as opposed to how Spike and Sparkplug just kinda hung around cause they felt like it.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote