Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
Bnz Toy
Generation 2
Re: Omega Supreme: Genesis X vs BBTS Exclusive

I actually like the pinhead effect for this figure but I really dislike the left hand. I doubt hasbro will change it before production so I'm hoping a 3rd party will offer something better down the road.

I believe the shipping from bbts is about 30. They have combined shipping (pile of loot) but I don't think they offer free ship at 150$ like other sites...

Last edited by Bnz Toy; 12-26-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Bnz Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #12
venksta
Render Project Creations

I'll probably go with the Hasbro remold. The Genesis X version just doesn't look worth the asking price of $350 or whatever their asking. And with that price tag, I'm sure we'll see some retailers drop the price at some point to clear it out. Plus, the obviously QC issues we have yet to find out.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #13
zackmak
Robot Master

Does anyone know who else has this as an exclusive? The BBTS says it's a shared exclusive.

I agree the Hasbro version looks great, despite the small head.
zackmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #14
Bnz Toy
Generation 2

... think it's Robot Kingdom .

Last edited by Bnz Toy; 12-27-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #15
Bnz Toy
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
Robot Kingdom lists it as $109 (instead of $99). But I haven't bothered to look into shipping, so that might not be a relevant difference.
I just did a check out at robotkingdom and the shipping to United States is 37 dollars. I presume that big bad toys should be similar for shipping therefore, probably the cheapest place to get it .

I don't think that we will be able to get this much cheaper as we did for the Year of the Dragon Optimus - mostly because the Optimus figure is hideous...
Old 12-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #16
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnz Toy View Post
I just did a check out at robotkingdom and the shipping to United States is 37 dollars. I presume that big bad toys should be similar for shipping therefore, probably the cheapest place to get it .

I don't think that we will be able to get this much cheaper as we did for the Year of the Dragon Optimus - mostly because the Optimus figure is hideous...
At least for the Year of Dragon u can pick up from store, which saves the shipping.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #17
Bnz Toy
Generation 2

yeah I still see a lot of these at the Toys R Us selling for 69 dollars ... no 1 wants them lol
Old 12-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #18
killmister
Back to TF after 25 years

IMHO, Genesis looks too good to me to pass on him (but still waiting a little bit to put it on pre-order). Yes, they may be some QC issues (which we already seen on so many HasTak or other 3rd party releases already).

The design is worth giving it a try, and I already own the 2 Energon ones (Supreme & Sentinel). The only appealing thing for me on Hasbro's Omega Sup is the new right arm.

QC and overall toy/plastic quality is the big mystery here for Genesis. I'll try, like I did for my 1st Fans Project / Mastermind Creations / TFC / MakeToys / ..., expecting Planet-X being more like the previously mentioned ones (and not like Xovergen).
killmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #19
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Well it's your money to spend, but for me there's a big difference between chancing $100 dollars on an unproven company vs $350.

I got burned on the Valkyrie (Impssible toys Arcee) toy and never again. I will never pre-order from an unproven 3rd party company unless there is a in hand review of some sort. Look at all the problems with TFC Hercules. That was a big $500 disaster waiting to happen, but credit to TFC. They came through and fixed things, but no guarantee with this company.

IMHO when things go wrong, there's more recourse when dealing with HasTak vs some third party company. And so far, I have never regretted waiting to order a 3rd party item because I always ended up with more information on the product and knew exactly what I was getting instead of a mystery figure of dubious quality. Why gamble when you don't have to.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 12-27-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #20
Bnz Toy
Generation 2

killmister, before you order the Gen X, ask the selling company if they will help you should there be defects. I was very careful when ordering my perfect effect arcee. Toyarena said they 1) check the item before it goes out and 2) will fix it if i find a serious defect (still have to pay shipping back though).

Most importantly when you do get yours, post pix! Maybe your in-hand pix will be better than expected