Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-21-2021, 01:05 AM   #1
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Kingdom Appreciation/ Discussion Thread

We had one for Earthrise, thought it would make sense to create one for Kingdom.

So just opened Kingdom Optimus Primal and it is, by far, my favorite figure from the trilogy thus far. Very accurate (liberties taken with beast mode), well engineered, great looking weapons, nice gimmicks (like the hidden arm blasters), a plentiful amount of paint apps (and well-applied to boot) and great articulation. I also like how there's literally no hollowness to be seen on the figure (reminds me of the older Unicron trilogy figures because of the chunkiness and the heft). My only gripe is with the way the feet articulate. They're decent but a bit limited in their range of motion (mostly due to the design).

Overall I'm absolutely blown away by this figure. The nostalgia hit hard too because I love Beast Wars. Also like how the designers took some hints from the MP version (at least that's how I see it). It's pretty much a mini Masterpiece. Really looking forward to getting BW Megatron to go along side Primal.

What are your thoughts about the figures from the last leg of the trilogy (positive, negative, whatever)?

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 01-21-2021 at 01:19 AM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:52 AM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: Kingdom Appreciation/ Discussion Thread

Primal is ok, but I still vastly prefer the original toy (or even better, the Takara DX or BW Reborn reissues). Bigger, loaded with gimmicks and almost as articulated. Same for Megatron.

Speaking about Megatron, I opened the Kingdom version last night and it feels very different from all the other toys with all his rubber parts (often layered on top of plastic). Pretty hefty.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:03 AM   #3
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Cyclonus is wicked, and I'm not even that big a fan of the character - you just got to hand it to a well-designed mold

Primal is great, echo all the above sentiment but got to mention that damned inner thigh joint paint scrape - you literally can't have fun w/ ape mode unless accepting that you just gonna scratch the kcuf out of it

Don't have any others yet, but seen deluxes & core in-store:
Waiting for 1st wave to buy tons of bonerizers, I'm all in for the boners
Can't wait for (Netflix) Cheetor
Is it me, or are all the fans of Kingdom BA not mentioning how "cakey" the paint on her face is? There's a ton of them on the standie at the local WM, and none give me confidence
Maybe looks better in-hand? Lots of reviews say the bug-mode is the star...is everyone just "saying by omission" that the bot face isn't great?
Not immediately blown away by the Warpath like everyone else, though I love Siege Skytread, and he clearly has his legs, so that's something

Core OP, looks OK enough, noticed the paint on his mouthplate seems to be a "square" application, where the bits of his neck just below the "jawbone's corners" are also getting the silver paint - kind of annoying

Man I didn't register just how small Rattrap would be till I saw him in person! That's a tiny boy, can't wait to fiddle with him

for the lil' bonerizer, see above re: boners
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:35 AM   #4
patteng
Generation 2

Gotta admit - Warpath looks great! Cyclonus is amazing as well.
patteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:47 AM   #5
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I've only bought Cyclonus thus far and he's pretty good. Wish he had a deeper knee bend but other than that no complaints. Not going for any of the BW characters or "boner" guys from the line
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:44 AM   #6
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Waiting for 1st wave to buy tons of bonerizers, I'm all in for the boners

for the lil' bonerizer, see above re: boners
Well, I'm all in on boners.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:54 PM   #7
Pascal
Banned

Forgot I already had Core Rattrap and Optimus. Rattrap is really cool.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:29 PM   #8
TriBlurr
Robot in Disguise

Have all of wave one aside from Megatron and the core class figures. But I'm loving this line so far.
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:56 PM   #9
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Anyone else have a hell of a time changing Primal's face from monkey to bot? I keep feeling like I'm gonna snap something every time. ... Aside from that great bot all around

Picked up Rattrap today. Decent figure for the new Core size. Shoulders take some getting used to, but great for posing!
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:06 PM   #10
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I really like all the ones they have released so far. Warpath is a bit pricey though, he comes with no assessories for 30 dollars, and he is already small. I would be more satisfied with cheetor if he comes with a gun, similar to Sunstreaker from earthrise also has no gun... but overall I am very happy with all these figures. They are just a lot better since combiner wars. I rather pay a bit more to get better quality figure at this point.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote