Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 04-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
How was your TFCon?

Hi.

For some of us - per, perhaps, just myself - this year's TFCon experience is already over, and in my case, things turn to whether or not I can make it to Anime North next month.

However, whether your event has ended already, or still has another day left to run, how did it go for you overall?

For my part, it was a mixed bag - which makes it better than the other TFCon (back in 2007) I've been to.

On the one hand, it was neat to talk a little bit to Derrick Wyatt, to chat with the Hasbro reps, and bug the Fans Project guys about considering a Shattered Glass version of the Protector kit!

Also, I got to speak a little Japanese in the Ginko restaurant - which is always a good thing!

(Well, hopefully not too troubling for the person I was speaking with, of course.)

On the other hand, I didn't get much of a chance to chat with those few there who I already know, and was even less successful at introducing myself to others from these boards who were there.

Plus, the phone died on me, and the route home was rather more circuitous than I had expected it to be...

How was the event for you?

Fate/Trans Form - a Fate/Stay Night-TF crossover.

Transformers Redemption: Worlds Distant - Nebulos' role in the Redemption storyline.

Last edited by Nerroth; 04-25-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #2
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: How was your TFCon?

This was my first TFCon, and I really enjoyed meeting the few people from the boards that I did. Even if it was just a "Hi, I like your work, bye." I dunno, it still felt nice to me. I would have loved to be able to stay the whole day, watch the movie, meet more people, drunken antics at the bar afterwards, but alas that will have to wait until next year for me.

I didn't buy all that much, but I enjoyed searching through parts bins for deals, and I got a few that I considered good. :-) The dealer's room in general was pretty fun. The artists were phenomenal, including our own board members! I'm going to have to free up some place for artwork in the near future because it's awfully tempting.

Fansprojects guys were really nice, and it was great to see them there and talk to them about some of their upcoming projects (Superion limbs/guns, junkions, etc.).

Hearing Bumblebee swear was pretty funny. :-p

What else, the costume contest, the custom contest, they were all pretty awesome. Go Sideways - The original robot ninja motorcycle!

Thankfully this is my last year at University, so no more exams! Next year I'm determined to make the most of my time at TFCon (hopefully at least 2 if not all 3 days) and getting to know the rest of you crazy people. I'm even considering volunteering! :-o

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!

Last edited by Bruticus82; 04-25-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

This was my first Tfcon, it was very enjoyable. I got my picture taken with Optimus Prime and picked up a 3 of the Universe figures I was looking for. Did discover that I was not allowed to park across the street at the Toronto Congress Centre. But then again parking was only $10 so it was no big deal. Looking forward to next year.
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

I loved it. This is the first year I went with my daughter and it seems more and more theres more little ones there.. This is nice but I must say I held on to her pretty tight because sme people are in a TF daze and unaware of people around them heh.

One thing I missed was in the past there was a guy that sold just G1 parts. He had a whole list and gave good prices. He wasn't there this year though. I just needed a couple extra parts and I'm sorry I could not wait for a certain someone to stop talking about how he likes to run and watch 10 minute work out videos while people are standing there waiting to ask for items. One guy, dont know if he is a member of this board was just waiting for change for some USD he paid with. I felt bad for him and just walked away from the table in the hopes that if the crowd thins out this dealer would clue in that this guy just needs his freakin change!!!!

Sorry, rant over.

I was SUPER DUPER excited to see that FP is working on a Springer figure. This is 100% my dream come true. THANK YOU!

Oh and TFCon gave me the ability for this....
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
Zim

I had the best time at a con I've had for some time. Got to meet some of the other customizers -Great folks all! Thanks for the advice and feedback.

Derrick Wyatt signed my custom Trailbreaker! That's a definite heirloom now!

Haul included the Impossible Toys TFA humans, Target Specials (guy in the foyer selling them for $25!), and some Lil'Formers drawings (support your favourite artists, people).
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #6
BeeBoy29
Alternator

This was my first TFcon and it was cool because Vangelus was standed behind me in line for regestration, so i turned around and i was all like Hey arent you vangelus, and i love to watch your youtube vids. Yay i got evrything i wanted shame all the infernos sold out though, but no big i can always find one later. Now i cant wait for next year's convention
Plus i got to wear the bee helmet and his weapon

Last edited by BeeBoy29; 04-26-2009 at 07:14 PM.
BeeBoy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #7
Mike
Robot Master
Mike's Ebay Auctions

I only have a few minutes before I have to leave for work, but I'll post a little bit here, and post again afterwards

first off, there was so many people I could hardly see anything lol, I was hoping to get a better look at a lot of things I had never seen before, but couldn't really, which was a real shame.

sooooo much stuff to look at, I really liked seeing Matt's (lil formers) table, he's a cool guy and his art rocks.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:33 PM   #8
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Well I've had a great time so far. I've got to put a lot to face to names. I spent WAY to much money.

I think the most exciting thing for me was not only seeing all the upcoming projects from FansProject but actually sitting down with them and doing an interview. They are doing what we all want to do. I can't wait to see Broadside, Wreck-Gar and Springer. Oh I'm sorry, my bad. ???, Collector and Defender.

I was also told of a few other up coming projects that I'm even more pumped over then Defender and I'm f'n excited for Defender.

I really like that they are trying to do a 80's style combiner too. I can't wait to see more!

Tomorrow should be a good time as well.

If anyone is curious as to how the interview went check it out here
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:57 PM   #9
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Well I've had a great time so far. I've got to put a lot to face to names. I spent WAY to much money.
My experience in a nutshell really. This year was was less about the toys (with the exception of Powered Commander) and more about just meeting up and hanging out with the peeps from the board. It's nice to see the usual suspects as well as to put some faces to the names too (Nemesis Predaking, chansformers, down_shift, teruo, Omega_Prime, brr-icy, vectorsigma_2, gobot master Steve, zuffyprime, JLvatron, Guber, sideswipe and a host of others I'm sure I've missed).

Dan Gilvezan was a hoot at the Q&A panel! He had a lot of interesting stories to tell definitely.

Definitely a great two days so far for TFCon.

Last edited by cannabisprime; 04-26-2009 at 12:34 AM.
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #10
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

definitely agree with cannibisprime, this year was more about meeting up with the guys for me too, just seeing some people again, and meeting some others

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW

Last edited by brr-icy; 04-27-2009 at 05:48 PM.
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote