Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Should I file a claim ???
Yes 2 25.00%
No 6 75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
devilsknight
Banned
To file a claim or not file a claim !?

Seems like i've been having some bad luck with online people lately.

This time an issue has arised from Apocalypse Comics in the UK. The same one that got the exclusive All Hail Megatron #1, Megatron exclusive cover.

I did a group order for 6 issues of AHM#1 from people on here and 1 person on TFW. He was generous enough to offer me the 6th issue for me for free just before I ordered as a thank you for generating more business for him.

Everything goes well, I get the money from everybody pay the guy and get the email my comics have shipped. A day later I get an email (this was 5+ weeks ago) saying because I paid via Paypal the order went to someone else they only shipped the 5...and he would ship another. Fine that's cool. So I wait...and I wait...the other 5 issues arrive and I re-mail them out to the people who ordered them...and I wait...and wait. I finally emailed him 2 weeks ago complaining I haven't received a thing. He apparently mails another out to me, I'm going to wait a little longer, but something shipped from Scarborough, UK shipped after the comic has already arrived and my patience is growing thin. I don't know what to do.

Should I file a claim against him to rattle his cage a little ?!

I mean I go into this to order an issue for me, figure I'd make it cheaper for some people and tag their orders onto mine save people some $ and I'm the one who ends up with no comic ?!

Ideas people ?!
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: To file a claim or not file a claim !?

Don't bother wtih the claim.

Better to find his number and give him a call.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
Batman
The Dark Knight

Will the claim do anything? I mean technically you only paid for 5, not 6. I know you would have paid for six, and he is a dick for saying he would send you one for free, and then not actually doing it, but is there anything Paypal can do?

Also be patient, if he did mail it, I am sure he sent it the cheapest way possible just because it was free, so it my take a little while longer. I have gotten some things form the UK in like a week and a half, and other times it took 6 weeks.

Best of luck man, I hope it works out, BTW that is a sweet ass comic cover too, I love the homage
Old 08-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #4
Silverbolt
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post

I agree.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #5
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I once tried sending Tit Thundercracker and Jetfire to my friend in Australia becasue I knew she wanted them and they weren't suppose to released over there. I sent them in October and I got them back in February. Turns out they thougt the box labeled TOYS was actually food products and sent them back.

Moral of that story is that it may not even be his fault.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:29 AM   #6
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post

I would agree with this as well. Try to talk to the guy first. If he totally brushes you off then file the claim. If the agreement was for 6 issues (regardless if one was "free") then he should have sent you what was agreed upon.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote