Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 09-23-2016, 04:50 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Transformers The Last Knight in Blenheim Palace UK filming controversy

Michael Bay’s overseas Transformers filming is no stranger to controversy when filming overseas – see the ongoing saga of the Wulong Karst for but one notable example. So it should come as no surprise that the UK filming has generated the wrong kind of buzz. Filming is taking place at Blenheim Palace in Oxford in the UK. The palace, which was the wartime home of British World War II Prime Minister Winston Churchill, is reportedly being used for a scene involving a Nazi HQ in World War II – complete with authentic banners and SS troops. Naturally the use of » Continue Reading.

The post Transformers The Last Knight in Blenheim Palace UK filming controversy appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 09-24-2016, 02:32 PM   #2
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Transformers The Last Knight in Blenheim Palace UK filming controversy

People are over-reacting. Bay can't just sneak in a cast and crew and film there. Permissions have clearly been given, scripts read and approved and care taken by those that own the place.
The idea that this is an "issue" is mind boggling, but because it's Bay doing it.
I guarantee if a more acclaimed director was doing the same, no one would bat an eye. They'd just eagerly anticipate the films release. Here, because it's Bay and Transformers, it's like he should be marked for death.
Absurd.
Calm down folks. The TF Universe is clearly not based on reality.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:54 PM   #3
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-37453284

"When you see the movie you'll understand"

Did he mean people can actually understand what the frak is happening in his movie, assuming people are actually going to see it?
Old 09-24-2016, 04:32 PM   #4
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

Yes let's pretend no one is going to see this film. The last one only made a billion. nbd, next one will flop, live the dream.

Anyway Bay just loves stuff like that. Of course there's an issue. He's always stirring the pot and getting free advertising. All of his responses are clearly aimed at promoting the film.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:46 PM   #5
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

That's the single strangest thing about these films for me.

People are going to see it. They've seen all four.

But ask about memorable moments, or what they really liked, or even if they *liked* it at *all. Almost all of my co-workers saw it; the best review was "it was ok" and it got far worse from there. And yet people continue to go see them.

all these constant updates about tiny news and pointless instagrams: is there actually an audience for this?

Like, I'm over it. It's not my cup of tea, I haven't watched them since the dumpster fire of ROTF (skipped through DOTM on netflix, not wasting time on AOE). I'm more just... baffled.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:08 PM   #6
TRUCKvsGUN

Yeah, people should be reminded that the nazi thing is pretend, and that Winston Churchill is dead and therefore incapable of being offended.

Onto the predictable we-hate-Bay complaints. Movies don't gross a billion dollars by accident. I happened to like them for what they are. I can remember my favorite parts, and my most hated parts. You guys do you. I'll be at the movies.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:23 PM   #7
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmaker View Post
Yeah, people should be reminded that the nazi thing is pretend, and that Winston Churchill is dead and therefore incapable of being offended.

Onto the predictable we-hate-Bay complaints. Movies don't gross a billion dollars by accident. I happened to like them for what they are. I can remember my favorite parts, and my most hated parts. You guys do you. I'll be at the movies.
Agreed, I will watch it no mater what, it's a transformers movie, and I enjoy all 4 so far.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:52 PM   #8
optimusb39
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post

all these constant updates about tiny news and pointless instagrams: is there actually an audience for this?
Yup, everyone viewing this thread, this site, twitter, instagram, youtube, tfw2005 and the rest of the internet.
Id say theres an audience for sure.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:56 PM   #9
optimusb39
Animated

Id say wat hing these bay movies is a guilty closet pleasure. Love to hate em kinda movie. Its like watchingvthe star wars prequels, you know there bad but if your gonna have a movie marathon youre gonna watch em all. Have shots for every whining anakin scen and every cheesy cgi overkill. Sounds like a good night to me!
Bayformers movies are the same. Haters love to hate cause it gives em something to talk avout. Thats why we go see the movies in the first place.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 05:11 AM   #10
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

It's probably just another publicity stunt. But to me it doesn't matter if the movies are bad or good or what director it is, it's still a bit disrespectful IMHO.

In WW2 it would have been a great thing for the Nazi's to be able to hang their flags like this. They bombed the shit out of England to try and achieve this. But now, all it takes is a permit and a bit of Hollywood charm.

I wonder how big a deal this would be if they tried to hang terrorist organisational flags around Ground Zero in NY for the sake of a movie? How many people would get a tad upset?