Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 09-25-2016, 11:15 PM   #21
TRUCKvsGUN
Re: Transformers The Last Knight in Blenheim Palace UK filming controversy

You guys (SSP in particular) are getting way too worked up to the point of being insulting and saying that things were written that weren't. Nobody said "guys like you", or that anyone should "STFU", so kindly stop putting words in my mouth. Please do not make insulting insinuations either; I'm familiar with history, and I have served my country.

You express concern about WW2 vets possibly being offended by a movie they certainly won't watch, but here you are being offensive to a fellow community member.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime

Last edited by TRUCKvsGUN; 09-26-2016 at 12:08 AM.
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:59 AM   #22
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmaker View Post
Noody said "guys like you", or that anyone should "STFU", so kindly stop putting words in my mouth.
Then tell me what are you saying? All I've heard is one weak-sauce excuse in an attempt to justifying this, and a bunch of baseless assumptions about me.

Obviously you think this is fine, so what do you think the vets who are miffed and are voicing their opinions should do? You obviously think they shouldn't say anything right? They shouldn't be offended right?

What does it mean when you don't think someone should say something?

Quote:
You express concern about WW2 vets possibly being offended by a movie they certainly won't watch, but here you are being offensive to a fellow community member.
As for WW2 vets and vets in general, it's not a possibility of them being offended. They are offended. Did you even read about any of this? Here are a couple of quotes from an article.

Tony Hayes, of Veteran’s Association UK, said those left who fought in World War Two “will be appalled by this”.

“I know it’s a film,” Col Richard Kemp, the former commander of British forces in Afghanistan, told the Sun. “But it’s symbolically disrespectful to Churchill. He will be turning in his grave.”

It's not about the film. It's what they're doing to make that film. The film could be a masterpiece and it wouldn't change that vets think it's disrespectful.

And I've said this over and over and over and over. I think they have a right to feel disrespected. I understand why they feel this way.

Obviously you can't or don't care to understand why they're offended.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:06 AM   #23
TRUCKvsGUN

*sigh* All these things about thinking no one should say anything, that I don't care, I've never said. You're fighting straw men.

I'm going to disengage. Disagreements are fine, I value hearing opposing opinions, but not when they aren't voiced in a respectful manner.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime

Last edited by TRUCKvsGUN; 09-26-2016 at 08:32 AM.
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 01:07 PM   #24
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
*sigh* All these things about thinking no one should say anything, that I don't care, I've never said. You're fighting straw men.

I'm going to disengage. Disagreements are fine, I value hearing opposing opinions, but not when they aren't voiced in a respectful manner.
Respect is a two way street.