Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-11-2019, 10:25 PM   #1
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions
What do you do with updated vs old figures?

With the release of the Earthrise Figures coming, will some of us double dip on Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker again? Myself, with the new Astrotrain for instance I will get it and use my Titans Return one as the Cybertronian mode as I find that one looks more Cybertronian, I’ll probably do the same for Grapple.

It’s a shame though that Hasbro is switching in my opinion a year too early to Earthrise, I would have liked to see them lean more into cybertronian modes than they did. As for repaints/retools of Cog, Six Gun and Brunt I like using those figures to also fill out my Cybertronian collection. How about the rest of you collecting this line, have you ditched your classics/old figures or repurposed them and kept them?
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:42 PM   #2
Msol
Titanium
Re: What do you do with updated vs old figures?

Give ‘em to my 4 year old.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:31 AM   #3
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Sell for cheap to make some room
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:55 AM   #4
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Sell for cheap to make some room
^^^^This.

Though with Kup, Springer and Preceptor, I've moved their older molds to my Wreckers group

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:02 AM   #5
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Some stay where they are as I didn't buy them as disposable, I try to always buy a figure because I like it and will continue to enjoy it. So I'm fairly picky when it comes to what I get.. (but Siege broke me... I've never bought so many from a single serie)

I do end up having to rotate and put many away in storage as I'm limited in display space...

But until I would do a cleanup of my collection to actually sell some off, they are and will stay part of my collection, and every so often, I'll rotate a few and re-enjoy the old "guys" all over again.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:47 AM   #6
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I'm actually a little tired of the updates. They look nice but this constant trading in/up is getting to be a real pain. Not to mention that it's almost the same characters over and over. It's understandable that Hasbro uses them because many people will buy them so they will make their money but I wish they would give us the rest of the characters that we know like Autobot Target Masters etc.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:06 AM   #7
Bluewolf77
Generation 2

I am finding that with the rising prices and it is getting harder to find newer figures I think in my opinion I stick with some of the older figs and add one or two if I do not have them in my collection, in my eyes what is the sense of buying a repaint of a fig when I already have one of the same mold and I know some will say that it is a different character plus some of the older figs are better quality then newer items.
Bluewolf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #8
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I agree with the last 3 posts here, some I rotate in like the Combiner Wars Prowl and Smokescreen with Henkei Prowl and Smokescreen (sorry fun pub Bluestreak I don’t have you yet). I do like fiddling with Combiner Wars versions as it’s flip, flip, done.

Trademarking names and rising prices I think are going to limit the variety of future releases as well. Here’s to you Sky Tread? Who the hell is Sky Tread, I wanted Fly Wheels, lol. Poor guy, it’s too bad the duo con gimmick was’t more advertised. That is one character that I think would’ve been better served packed in his vehicle modes, now so many of him at my local Walmarts (and Hound too, I don’t know what his excuse is though).

I know getting my imports 10 to 12 years ago was cheaper than buying off the shelf now, I guess Hasbro has brought import prices to us even though out of most of the collectors I know only a few of us were dedicated to the Takara versions/collections.

I look at my Classics/Henkei seekers and their Titanium counter parts and think hmm what to do? Bite on the voyager size hoping Hasbro can make it through to the cone heads or stick with Tiny-Scream and his mates. I admit Scream looks odd to me with Mega-tron but he does match up well with Henkei Prime. Dilemma, Dilemma, lol.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:28 AM   #9
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Lots of older figure Hasbro released 10 years ago are better than current version in my opinion, like CHUG Hound, Mirage, so I won't replace them.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:30 AM   #10
Lucid Harbinger
Generation 1

My replaced toys get displayed on my desk at work.
Lucid Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote