Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-23-2022, 07:40 PM   #2211
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: GameStop.ca (formerly EB Games) Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZX123 View Post
Is it true that Legacy Bomb Burst already arrived at gamestops?
Yeah, I picked one up on Friday here in Edmonton.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 08:14 AM   #2212
Gatchatron
Transmutated

(Ok, apologies if this is the wrong place for this - but it's GameStop where ya get it here so....)

Impulse bought the "A Hero Is Born" two pack.

Long story a bit shorter: I have not felt this "ripped off" since I got in on this TF collection bandwagon way back in the early part of the century.

Seriously. It made me immediately question just what the hell I've been doing this whole time (re: spending money on this stuff).

Admittedly, Alpha-T is pretty darn good (I liked the look of the mould from seeing it in "Sweep" form - just didn't want it IN Sweep form) - although was a b*itch to get standing up on its own...

...but sweet merciful crap. Ol' Pax looks like the worst kind of blah. The other Pax's I have are light years better looking than this.

Oh, and Vector Sigma... Wow. I've gotten higher quality "plastic art" out of Xmas Crackers. Yeesh.

Perhaps my expectations were too high coming in after the unexpected awesomeness I got with Motormaster/Menasor... but where that was a remarkable case of being way better than expected - this was... the opposite of that.
Gatchatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 08:22 AM   #2213
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchatron View Post
(Ok, apologies if this is the wrong place for this - but it's GameStop where ya get it here so....)

Long story a bit shorter: I have not felt this "ripped off" since I got in on this TF collection bandwagon way back in the early part of the century.

Seriously. It made me immediately question just what the hell I've been doing this whole time (re: spending money on this stuff).

Admittedly, Alpha-T is pretty darn good (I liked the look of the mould from seeing it in "Sweep" form - just didn't want it IN Sweep form) - although was a b*itch to get standing up on its own...

...but sweet merciful crap. Ol' Pax looks like the worst kind of blah. The other Pax's I have are light years better looking than this.

Oh, and Vector Sigma... Wow. I've gotten higher quality "plastic art" out of Xmas Crackers. Yeesh.

Perhaps my expectations were too high coming in after the unexpected awesomeness I got with Motormaster/Menasor... but where that was a remarkable case of being way better than expected - this was... the opposite of that.

I got the same experience here. Just bought the legacy repaint Springer last week, around 50 after tax...and it can barely stand on its own.

I felt I got more money worth from 3rd party legend size than this one.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 09:55 AM   #2214
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchatron View Post

I got mine for Alpha Trion, and the rest is just add-ons, and I absolutely feel ripped off in everyway, but at least I got a proper Alpha Trion out of it, and secondary market (scalpers) will probably double the price soon if not already.

So glad to have it, hate the price I paid. At least the platinum card rebate helps.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 10-24-2022 at 10:33 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 09:57 AM   #2215
Skorpulator
Armada

Bought the set for Orion Pax, sold the rest back for $60, happy with my purchase. Previous Orion Pax figures were sub-par.

Last edited by Skorpulator; 10-24-2022 at 10:19 AM.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 10:42 AM   #2216
stinky
Machine War

Gamestop took some money last night, I think is for the SS 86 Ironhide, as the release date is now Oct 25.
stinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 11:36 AM   #2217
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
I got mine for Alpha Trion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
Bought the set for Orion Pax
I'm looking forward to both

I don't have an A3 representation (passed on the TR, but grabbed LG LeoPrime for the mold), and SS86 Scourge/Sweeps mold is pretty good for it - I hope HiB A3 doesn't have painted thighs, though

Skipped both decos of the SS86 Kup mold (I just can't into that face), but Pax looks nice enough in it, so I'll get a chance to take this mold for a spin

POTP Pax is fine or whatever, but he exists solely within that big cantankerous leader OP's chest, so really all he is is just a big pair of unsightly, kibbly legs off his back
And I like TR Pax (from that movie Tribute 2-pack), but I liked him a lot more once I picked up TR voyager OP, swapped their heads & gave him the big yellow sword (w his own guns on his back for jetpack mode, natch)
And yes, TR voyager OP with the Pax face is a LITTLE stupid looking, but whatever - the whole fun of TR is swapping heads!
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 11:38 AM   #2218
Wheelwave
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Gamestop took some money last night, I think is for the SS 86 Ironhide, as the release date is now Oct 25.
If that?s the case maybe I should get one.

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 06:08 PM   #2219
Tiffster
Classic

Ss86 Ironhide just shipped
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 06:09 PM   #2220
Supernova
Second star to the right