Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-27-2017, 02:03 AM   #11
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Re: Leading bidder on eBay

I am the lone bidder
Old 01-27-2017, 02:57 AM   #12
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Yeah, it may seem that way, but some bots and bidders are capable of hiding their presence on the internet, so unless you have insider access to the online marketplace you were bidding from, like through working as staff there, you'll likely never know.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 03:10 AM   #13
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Shit...do those people have nothing better to do than disappoint other buyers? Can't they just bid like everybody else?
Old 01-27-2017, 03:17 AM   #14
maverickk
Generation 1

It's an auction, all part of the game.
Enter your max bid and hope for the best. If you get out sniped you'd be going over your limit anyhow so you wouldn't have bought it. Sniping just helps increase your chance of winning, maybe
maverickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 03:26 AM   #15
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickk View Post
Enter your max bid and hope for the best. If you get out sniped you'd be going over your limit anyhow so you wouldn't have bought it. Sniping just helps increase your chance of winning, maybe
Well, there's two factors, how much you're willing to pay, and how quickly you can get that last bid in. If the current bid exceeds how much you're willing to pay at maximum, you can just walk away, and maybe take some solace in the fact that you drove up the price and made the winner pay more than he might have wanted. But if someone auction snipes and wins the item even though the current bid hasn't reached your maximum paying threshold, then I suppose you do have a right to be resentful, especially if the person used a bot to beat you at the auction by virtue of speed.

Last edited by WereDragon EX; 01-27-2017 at 03:28 AM.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:09 AM   #16
VosianSeeker
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickk View Post
That's right. That's the best option.
On the other hand, last minute bidding has its pros and cons:
the good: It actually saves money to the last-minute bidder if played well (cruel technique, I agree, but oh well).
the bad: one needs to make rush decisions if bidding is left to the very end (especially if you're automatically outbid because another bidder has put a maximum bid above your own...). You might end up losing the item simply because you run out of time...

So yes, a maximum bid from the very start is probably the best option.

Last edited by VosianSeeker; 01-27-2017 at 04:41 AM.
VosianSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:11 AM   #17
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Shit...do those people have nothing better to do than disappoint other buyers? Can't they just bid like everybody else?
You refused to pay fo the item your purchased from me on ebay last year and I got stuck not being able to sell my item again for a week. Are you really whining because you can't have/afford what you want?
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:24 AM   #18
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by B13 View Post
You refused to pay fo the item your purchased from me on ebay last year and I got stuck not being able to sell my item again for a week. Are you really whining because you can't have/afford what you want?
Now...now....cant really say that as that was last year....maybe ...just maybe he has the money now.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #19
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

I've used ebay sniper software on PC and a similar web service before, it will bid for you in the last few seconds of the auction with your set max amount. no guarantee you will get the item, but avoids a bidding war with others. it's also good if the auction ends at a time you won't be around for. you can snipe this manually as well.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:21 AM   #20
predahank
Storing is hoarding

I snipe all the time (manually)
Sometimes I win sometimes I don't but I definitely have no sympathy for some stranger that I beat. When I lose, the guy that beats me could care less about my feeling as well
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote