Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-30-2016, 01:15 PM   #9761
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Hey Everyone, I'm having a little issue with an Ebay seller right now, and I'm wondering if someone can give me some advice on shipping rates, and how Ebay is working things now. Before this, I hadn't used Ebay in years.

I ordered, some baseball cards from a seemingly reputable seller in the states. It was two team sets that came out to around 60 cards.

I used Ebay's combined shipping option to combine two separate auctions from the same seller. The original shipping listed for each set of cards was $10 US but when I combined them, Ebay's system gave me a shipping discount so it only came out to around $5 US.

This was great because the cards cost around $5 for each set for a total of $10.

So when I got my package, I only received one of the team sets, and the seller is saying that something went wrong with Ebay/Paypal's system and that the shipping charged wasn't enough to ship one set let alone two.

Now, I want to give this person the benefit of the doubt, but the way he worded things is giving me pause. He's claiming that to ship two small packs of cards, it would cost more than shipping one, even though they would both would easily fit into the one mailer he sent.

Is anyone aware of how much it would cost to ship cards like this?

Any advice will be much appreciated.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:23 PM   #9762
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Damn it just preordred a bunch of new S.H.Figuarts Rogue One troopers plus EP. IV Han Solo from HLJ.

Good thing they each come out seperately at different time from Dec to Feb.
Yeah December is going to be rough on the wallet considering four of them come out then.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:27 PM   #9763
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmasterke View Post
Yeah December is going to be rough on the wallet considering four of them come out then.
Scarif Stormtrooper: Dec 2016
Death Trooper: Dec 2016
Rogue One Stormtrooper : Jan 2017
Hover Tank Commander: Jan 2017
Han Solo: Feb 2017

Still...prices are considerably much more affordable than Hot Toys.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #9764
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorado View Post
Does anyone know where a good place to buy original nes games? just picked up a NES.....Was curious to find places other than craigslist.
Press Start in New Westminster is also good. I know the guys that run the store. They're on 12th st between 8th ave and Kingston.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:31 PM   #9765
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Scarif Stormtrooper: Dec 2016
Death Trooper: Dec 2016
Rogue One Stormtrooper : Jan 2017
Hover Tank Commander: Jan 2017
Han Solo: Feb 2017

Still...prices are considerably much more affordable than Hot Toys.
K-2S0 is also in December, so three. Better than four but still pretty rough. I guess the silver lining is we don't have to wait several months in between releases and the announcement, the mafex star wars stuff takes forever to come out.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:00 PM   #9766
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmasterke View Post
K-2S0 is also in December, so three. Better than four but still pretty rough. I guess the silver lining is we don't have to wait several months in between releases and the announcement, the mafex star wars stuff takes forever to come out.
I didn't order K-2S0...but I may order a few more stromtroopers though as I missed out on the original release. I am also on the fence about ordering the Phase 1 and 2 clone troopers...or anything from Ep. I-III...
Old 09-30-2016, 08:11 PM   #9767
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorado View Post
Does anyone know where a good place to buy original nes games? just picked up a NES.....Was curious to find places other than craigslist.
Mostly Music in Coquitlam is pretty awesome for used games, there's also Krazy Bob's in downtown Langley.

Is VV Videogames in Vancouver near the Burrard St bridge still around?
Old 09-30-2016, 08:12 PM   #9768
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post

Is VV Videogames in Vancouver near the Burrard St bridge still around?
I live on downtown near Burrard and I've never heard of it, so probably not? Unless you mean the south end of the bridge.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:15 PM   #9769
pandaprime
aficionado!

Looks like Automaton Toys lowered their flat rate shipping back to 9.99, isn't that wonderful?

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 03:24 PM   #9770
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Hey Everyone, I'm having a little issue with an Ebay seller right now, and I'm wondering if someone can give me some advice on shipping rates, and how Ebay is working things now. Before this, I hadn't used Ebay in years.

I ordered, some baseball cards from a seemingly reputable seller in the states. It was two team sets that came out to around 60 cards.

I used Ebay's combined shipping option to combine two separate auctions from the same seller. The original shipping listed for each set of cards was $10 US but when I combined them, Ebay's system gave me a shipping discount so it only came out to around $5 US.

This was great because the cards cost around $5 for each set for a total of $10.

So when I got my package, I only received one of the team sets, and the seller is saying that something went wrong with Ebay/Paypal's system and that the shipping charged wasn't enough to ship one set let alone two.

Now, I want to give this person the benefit of the doubt, but the way he worded things is giving me pause. He's claiming that to ship two small packs of cards, it would cost more than shipping one, even though they would both would easily fit into the one mailer he sent.

Is anyone aware of how much it would cost to ship cards like this?

Any advice will be much appreciated.
I don't know what the costs are, but I'm wondering some stuff.

Wait, you paid for two sets of cards and only got one? So you're short 30 bucks? If your email receipt doesn't match the contents of your package, then I think you should file a claim with ebay.

Your email receipt says you paid for both sets at the combined shipping rate, right? So you've done your part. It's the sellers fault for screwing this up, or if he's telling the truth, then it's paypal's fault for the error. Whatever the case file a claim and get ebay or paypal involved. They will look at the situation and figure out whose to blame.

I've bought from ebay plenty, but I've never had problems like that. Never had to file a claim. And I not sure how the process changes now that ebay and paypal are separate now. Sorry I can't give better advice.