Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 08-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #31
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Generations Thrust Review + issues

Just bought a 2nd Thrust @ Walmart in north Whitby. The 1st Thrust I bought in Stoney Creek's Walmart had an issue with the right foot not going down, the right wheel not going fully out in jet mode, some spacing issues with the back of the legs and one ofe the launchers. Would the 2nd Thrust I bought have the same problems??? No way, what are the odds??? Answer, HELL YA! Plus the right wing on the second one is a little sloppy. Maybe I'll just keep the best parts and keep swapping until I have a perfect one.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #32
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime73 View Post
Just bought a 2nd Thrust @ Walmart in north Whitby. The 1st Thrust I bought in Stoney Creek's Walmart had an issue with the right foot not going down, the right wheel not going fully out in jet mode, some spacing issues with the back of the legs and one ofe the launchers. Would the 2nd Thrust I bought have the same problems??? No way, what are the odds??? Answer, HELL YA! Plus the right wing on the second one is a little sloppy. Maybe I'll just keep the best parts and keep swapping until I have a perfect one.
the foot issues are fixable, but the spacing issues i have no idea about

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:49 PM   #33
Supernova
Second star to the right

Just got Thrust this afternoon...no QC problems that I've seen so far. Far better than 25th Starscream in every regard.

The only thing I'm actually concerned about is how tight he is. For the most part that won't be a problem, but rotating the hinges on the wings caused a few tense moments. Gotta be careful there!

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:38 AM   #34
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

I thought a got a perfect one with no sloppy paint on the wings, but when I transformed him, he's MISSING THE SILVER PAINT oh half of his right leg.
ConvoyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #35
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
I thought a got a perfect one with no sloppy paint on the wings, but when I transformed him, he's MISSING THE SILVER PAINT oh half of his right leg.
wow, too bad dude. I haven't heard about that 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
Just got Thrust this afternoon...no QC problems that I've seen so far. Far better than 25th Starscream in every regard.

The only thing I'm actually concerned about is how tight he is. For the most part that won't be a problem, but rotating the hinges on the wings caused a few tense moments. Gotta be careful there!
Mine didn't have any tightness issues, but I believe other(s) have mentioned this problem in this thread.

And I agree, he's waaay better than 25th Starscream!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #36
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I fixed my Thrust by transplanting the one bad foot to one and keeping the good ones together, forgot about the bad little bit of red overpaint on his face and half gold on one hip. Well off to buy another one and some more surgery like a head and torso transplant.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:06 AM   #37
Supernova
Second star to the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Mine didn't have any tightness issues, but I believe other(s) have mentioned this problem in this thread.

And I agree, he's waaay better than 25th Starscream!
Yeah, after I posted that, I did transform him a number of times, and I don't feel quite so afraid of breaking his wings off anymore. But, I think I'll keep a gentle touch on him till he loosens up enough.

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:31 AM   #38
Ground Zero
Generation 2

I never noticed any QC issues with mine, but then I never looked nearly as closely as you have

And I agree -- his f***ing awesome. Considering he's not the first seeker, he still managed to be my favorite figure in the Wave 1 Generations line. His colours are awesome and just "pop" compared to Starscream, animated Starscream, Acid Rain and Dirge.
Ground Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #39
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

So far, no one has mentioned the QC problems on the wings. I'll share with you the problems I encountered.

I literally went through a dozen Thrust and all of them had sloppy paint apps on the wings to varying degrees:

NOTE: I'VE HAD THRUST FOR A FEW WEEKS NOW, BUT THIS IS HOW IT WAS WHEN I GOT IT. I DIDN'T DMG IT IN ANY WAY.

Those spots are the plastic showing through. I don't know what happened when it got sprayed...

Those red lines are I think the plastic underneath or red paint mixed with the white.

I don't know if anyone else had paint problems with their wings, but I went to 3 different stores and all the Thrust were like this.

Anyways, I managed to find one that had clean paint apps, (the one you see above is a second one I got) but this one had problems in different areas. So, I did some part swapping and now I got a perfect Thrust and one with paint app issues on the wings and QC issues like these:

The paint is wrinkled.

Sloppy apps like on the wings.

Paint overrun on the silver plates.

I don't think I've seen paint applied this thick and sloppy on any Transformer I've gotten.

So ya, check your Thrust and see if you got any paint probs on the wings, the other stuff is probably just on mine or very rare. Maybe I'm just really unlucky and all your wings are perfect...... Or maybe I'm just picky about how I like my wings to look
Old 09-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #40
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
So far, no one has mentioned the QC problems on the wings. I'll share with you the problems I encountered.

wow, great input! Thanks Convoy!

I checked my Thrust, he does have some minor bald spray points on his wings; it's notice-able, but it just doesn't look too bad. Especially after all the other problems this toy has.

I didn't see any wrinkling or sloppy paint on his side wings, but the plastic joint spots looks rough like yours.
No paint overrun on the silver plates.

And his right shoulder definitely is not sloppy painted, just painted upside down! I wonder if a batch was painted upside down and they were told to "fix it".

The only way was to manually bath remove the gold paint, then repaint it by hand. That would explain the fast slop job.

It looks like a bunch of parts were bad-batched, then assembly of these parts was at random so no 2 Thrusts have all the same issues.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote