Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #1
79transam
Machine War
IDW Revolution Comic

Just started in on the IDW Revolution comic. The artwork is fantastic. The crossover between several other genre is pretty fun to me. This issue has Action Man, G.I.Joe, Transformers and Rom. Anyone else in on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1474661981300.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	34873  
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:02 PM   #2
Roadhammer
Wrecker
Re: IDW Revolution Comic

I can't say Revolution is of much interest to me, and I haven't yet purchased any of the comics comprising it. I feel like the decision to merge all of IDW's Hasbro properities into one universe wasn't a good idea if they weren't going to start as one, and I've only ever been interested in IDW's Transformers lines so I have no attachment to their G.I. Joe work, or any of the other properties they're throwing in. My hope is I can sit Revolution (and Titans Return at this point) out, and come back in December or so when the individual lines resume and hope the shared universe doesn't intrude too much on the mainline comics. It shouldn't too much with MTMTE/Lost Light, which is my jam, so that hopefully won't be much of an issue.
Roadhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:12 PM   #3
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

awesome! great to hear... I"m glad you liked it...
can't say i've really enjoyed too much of the idw stuff, but I'm really interested in this one!
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:15 AM   #4
79transam
Machine War

September is
Revolution #1
ROM: Revolution #1
Revolution #2
M.A.S.K. Revolution #1
Micronauts Revolution #1

October is
Revolution #3
G.I.Joe Revolution #1
Transformers Till All Are One Revolution #1
Revolution #4
Transformers Revolution #1
Action Man Revolution #1

November is
Transformers More Than Meets The Eye Revolution #1
Revolution #5
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:29 PM   #5
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Well, a massive crossover reminds me of a post I made back in 2009 amalgamating what are now IDW crossovers. I forgot to include M.A.S.K., however, which is weird because it would have been a no-brainer.

I did tie in the Marvel superheroes, which crossed over with IDW Transformers way back when.

Enjoy: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=17768

Anyways, It makes sense for IDW to try to shoehorn in as much Hasbro stuff as possible, it could either branch out into comic series where IDW already has a good relationship with the IP holder, or just plant some McGuffins for future use.

Still, it seems like the quick and short-lived execution might not have been the best way. I agree that starting off a fresh reality with the plan from the get-go would probably have been better.

edit:

for some reason the post I linked to is missing some of the stuff I remember, like "Oscorponok" with Norman Osborn in place of Zarak, and the O on the sign falling off the factory as it started to cause havok, and Asgardians in place of Nebulans. Might have to check my hard drive at some point.

Anyways, I linked to it because the comments in the thread about crossing various franchises together might still be valid regarding Revolution.

Last edited by Shepp; 09-24-2016 at 09:52 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote