Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-26-2017, 03:30 AM   #91
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: TF5 Transformers The Last Knight discussion (spoilers inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I was under the impression it would be different this time. Paramount hired an oscar winning writer to be the head of a writer's room which had lots of talent, including Robert Kirkman. It was a totally new screenwriters and the amrketting even highlighted Decepticons which it never does.

Plus it had Anthony Hopkins.

Lots of reasons to give this film the benefit of the doubt. But it turned out as bad or worst than the previous ones. Easily the worst film I have seen this year so far.
I just feel the need to point out that I feel Kirkman is extremely overrated. Kinda the Michael Bay of the comic and tv world.

Lots of visuals(gore) and light on actual story and character development most of the time.

And that can work, heck I like Walking Dead most the time, but I feel like he shouldn't have been a reason for hope of better writing. I actually cringed when I heard he had been added to the writers block

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:51 AM   #92
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I just feel the need to point out that I feel Kirkman is extremely overrated. Kinda the Michael Bay of the comic and tv world.
I agree with this. I like(d) The Walking Dead (TV), and picked up the graphic novels, and am reading through them -- but I don't find anything compelling about the writing to make me keep reading. It's night time reading, and f I'm sleepy, I can close the book and go to sleep -- nothing has kept me up wanting to "read" another few pages.

I suppose people are entertained by different things. Some people just watch things for the action, and others are entertained by a good story.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:17 PM   #93
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Some nice visuals, but that wasn't enough for me to fully enjoy this.

I think I only laughed/grinned thrice, once when Hopkins called Walberg a "Dude" or something to that affect, Cog-man tackling and breaking the green bots finger and when Cog-man made sushi.

They should partner up with Marvel Studios to help them out with a script.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:25 PM   #94
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
I know a lot of members here who haven't seen TF5 yet are expecting bad things. That's understandable. I just watched the movie today and...

SPOILERS AHEAD

Okay, so if you're like me, you'll likely think it was waaaay too soon to kill off Optimus Prime in act one and pass the Matrix over to Hot Rod. Heck, even the other Autobots couldn't stop talking about how sudden it was and how nobody had ever heard of this new character before. But it was a genuinely emotional moment. There were audible sniffles in the theatre (including mine!). Hot Rod's transformation to Rodimus Prime was wicked, especially the way his deco changed to these kind of energon flames all across his chest. That seems to be the visual signifier of a Prime in the Bayverse. But it was a great callback to G1. (OP's flame deco vanished when he died, natch.) Also, the genius use of "The Touch" when Rod uses the Matrix at the end of the movie was one of those punch-the-air moments I'll never forget.

END OF SPOILERS

So yeah, see this movie!

LOL.

I also liked Shia LeBoeuf's "cameo", decked out with a yellow hard hat, rolled up sleeves, yellow gum boots, and "Spike" name tag screaming "Doo iiiit!!!" while Whalberg inexplicably Marky Marked.

Oh ya...and I think I spotted Megan Fox in an SS uniform during the sneak attack on the Nazis sequence.

That Mikey Bay...he sure knows how to hit his audience in the nostalgic nads .

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:19 PM   #95
Ras
Generation 1

Saw the movie, thought I was on a bad acid trip. WTF were the writers room thinking? I can only imagine what must have been going through the paramount brass when they screened the final product.

This film reminded me how much I hate the pillaging of how I remember the transformers from my childhood. The characters are such trash in the new movies compared to the toon. Why are they all gangstas and clowns? Cogman was too foul mouthed for my tast as I'd like to bring my kids. Why is prime a Conan like warrior rather than a noble hero? And still not enough use of transformers transforming as a key element to how they get out of problems. And I am really getting tired of the heavy metal look of the movie bots...
Old 06-27-2017, 02:00 AM   #96
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

It's obvious these movies just made up things as they went.

TF: Earth is just earth. "Before time began, there was... the Cube. We know not where it comes from, only that it holds the power to create worlds and fill them with life. That is how our race was born." The Allspark drifted in space until it hit earth. "carbon dating tests indicated that Cube landed on Earth some 12,000 years earlier." The Allspark can regenerate Frenzy's whole body but cannot fix Bee's voice. Hmmm. 1 Bonecruser head for Optimus.

ROTF: Turns out Cybertronians came to earth before around 17,000 BC. (When tigers, not lions and leopards and cheetahs, lived in Africa!), and none other than the original Primes. Turns out Megatron is just The Fallen's bus boy. Funny The Allspark did not activate the Sun Harvester in Egypt nor the Matrix in Jordan when it hit earth. Also funny that The Matrix can resurrect Optimus but still can't fix Bee's voice. Ok....The Fallen's face for Optimus.

DOTM: Turns out Megatron is just evil Spock's bitch. They were supposed to meet on Earth to trade some pillars for some space bridge or something. But Megatron forgot to tell evil Spock about The Fallen since he was missing half of his brain. Evil Spock spaced bridge Cyberton (which is a hell lot bigger planet) to Earth. But I guess Cyberton was a dead planet so it had no gravity to pull Earth towards it. Optimus massacred almost every Cybertronians.

AOE: Something about some Creator's seeds and Kre-O. So what came first? The Allspark or the Creator? The egg or the chicken? The answer is China First!

TLK: Earth is Unicron??? So the Creator's seeds didn't wake up Unicorn, the Sun Harvester and the Matrix didn't wake up Unicrom, the Allspark didn't wake up Unicron, The space bridge pulling Cybetron up close didn't wake up Cybertron. Oh wasn't Cybertron a hell lot bigger than Earth? Who is going to eat whom? China is still First! And a random inventor finally fixed Bee's voice with some junk parts! Yay!

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 06-27-2017 at 02:03 AM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:19 AM   #97
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Random thoughts, anyone recall what that Deception with Shockwave's head is called? Something Zeus? Hay-Zeus?

Also, was Bud Light the only blatant advertisement in the movie? I didn't notice anything else?

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 06-27-2017, 10:28 AM   #98
Pascal
Banned

Nitro Zeus
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:17 PM   #99
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Here's a great article that breakdown the story/plot, a lengthy but hilarious read....

http://io9.gizmodo.com/transformers-...faq-1796409426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Nitro Zeus
Thanks!

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 06-27-2017, 11:50 PM   #100
Pascal
Banned

When I went to see the movie on opening night, the 6:45pm showing had maybe 20 people. Same for the 9.55pm showing. I went again with my son tonight (6.45pm showing): it was packed! From kids to folks over 60. Heck, the whole D-Box row in front of us was almost all people over 50. lol People seemed to have a good time, people laughed often and I overheard quite a few people saying they had a blast.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote