Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #41
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: To open or not open...my dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.Grimlock.King View Post
Maybe teamjetfie should stick to things you're good at and not talk about things you have No clue on!
You're right! That teamjetfie is an ass. We should report him to Team Jetfire and get him banned.

Since this topic is heading down the road to how to make money on crap, I thought I would share this with you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny Email Someone Sent Me
If you had purchased $1,000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have less than $5.00 left.

If you had purchased $1,000.00 of Delta Air Lines stock, you would have $49.00 left.

BUT ... If you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of wine one year ago, drank all the wine, then turned in the bottles for recycling REFUND, you would have $214.00.

Based on the above ... The best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.
Drink and enjoy my friends.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:27 AM   #42
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Edit: Forget it.

Last edited by Team Jetfire; 09-18-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:44 AM   #43
rego00123
Machine War

only buy what your going to open...that's the rule i go by
rego00123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:50 AM   #44
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
You're right! That teamjetfie is an ass. We should report him to Team Jetfire and get him banned.

Since this topic is heading down the road to how to make money on crap, I thought I would share this with you:

Drink and enjoy my friends.
Ya, except you have to pay for the deposit up front anyways. Regardless, you can make money on transformers if you're super lucky. And you only buy Japanese exclusives. Even then it's like trying to hit a dart board in a dark room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Edit: Forget it.
Haha- way to take the high road man

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #45
Ultra_Magnus
Banned

Super lucky, probably not! Knowledgeable in selling yes! There are many TF’s that sell for great prices just look at the Human Alliance mudflap now selling at $70 online but at walmart I bought it for $15 so there would be a case.

I don’t know why people are arguing over this type of thing anyway, it's just stupid! You know this is an opinion page and everyone is allowed to voice their opinion, maybe all should just move on.

Now to the heart of the matter! Do what your heart tells you! I like to keep some figures in box because some of the figures and box art look good. It also reminds me of being a child in a toy store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter View Post
Ya, except you have to pay for the deposit up front anyways. Regardless, you can make money on transformers if you're super lucky. And you only buy Japanese exclusives. Even then it's like trying to hit a dart board in a dark room

Haha- way to take the high road man
Ultra_Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #46
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra_Magnus View Post
Super lucky, probably not! Knowledgeable in selling yes! There are many TF’s that sell for great prices just look at the Human Alliance mudflap now selling at $70 online but at walmart I bought it for $15 so there would be a case.

I don’t know why people are arguing over this type of thing anyway, it's just stupid! You know this is an opinion page and everyone is allowed to voice their opinion, maybe all should just move on.

Now to the heart of the matter! Do what your heart tells you! I like to keep some figures in box because some of the figures and box art look good. It also reminds me of being a child in a toy store.

So it isn't luck that one out of 7 HA molds had bad distribution and a cheap sale so is now worth a lot? Did you predict this jump in price and sale? Or was it just luck?

You're right, it is a message board for people to share opinions, so I'm doing so. Just because my opinion is the opposite of the OPs doesn't mean that I have less of a right to share mine.

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #47
Whatigot
Banned

I love how the kids who still like to play with their toys cant understand the kids who just like to display them MISB and vice versa....it's too funny
Whatigot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #48
Thundercracker
Seeker

I open everything. But then, I don't collect for profit, or even necessarily for display. I collect to be able to have them, and to me, that involves being able to take them in my hands, be able to feel them, manipulate them, and transform them.

Not to say I can't admire the packaging they come in; I bought an Encore Combaticon set back in...April, I think, and when it arrived, the Combaticons came out, but I liked how the box was so delightfully retro, I kept it. Same with my Alternity Starscream and Megatron. I kept the boxes, and the pamphlets that came with them despite being entirely in a language I don't know. Heck, I'm even keeping the boxes my Crossfire Blast Off and Swindle came in, because they're just so darned impressive-looking.

The only Transformer I haven't opened is my G1 Grimlock that I got for Christmas, and that's only because if I tried to open now, after twenty five years, it'd crumble into dust the minute I touched it. XD

I say open that sucker up. XD
Old 09-30-2010, 06:18 PM   #49
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Open them. You know you want to. Take a tip from Metroplex79 who I met 2-3 years ago. I sold him a couple of items and we were talking about what he was going to do with them. He said he was going to open it to apply repro labels. I was shocked because I hadn't opened mine and he said "oh you're one of those." I'm not because I wasn't going to re-sell them so I thought why not? And everyone is right, you can't transform them in the box. I opened them all and have never regretted it. Don't deprive yourself!
wervenom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #50
Predaking4Ever
Banned

Keep them all MISB, that way you can enjoy them the way they were menant to be, minty fresh all the time. Keep really rare items sealed always, that's the beauty of having a MISB item, everyone will want it and you will have it.
Predaking4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote