Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #31
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions
Re: How Offended Do You Get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Don't they give you a true fan discount?

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #32
Nemesis Angel
Generation 2

I find that the want section is rarely used by collectors in general. I post there as well and rarely get a response people saying they have stuff for sale.
Nemesis Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #33
joshimus
Metroplex

People who scalp or ask outragous prices don't offend me, I just boycott them. That greed can also translate to people looking at 'for sale' threads.
What does offend me is when people lowball on an already really low price. I've had that in the past, like cheap isn't good enough. As far as I am concerned, people like that are a similar type of greedy, the 'I want it for free" mentality that annoys me moreso than scalpers. People who pull the 'get it cheaper' game interfer with people who aren't interested in dicking around. I'd rather deal with a scalper that I can just ignore to begin with.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #34
snowtech
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
just keep in mind that when someone doesn't post their prices in their sales threads,chances are that they want an arm or a leg for it so you may want to shy away from it.
Same here

Maybe we should make some rules on putting a price on every sale thread. It's really help the buyer and space on your inbox, sometimes is just a waste of time just to ask how much is the price of the figures.In the end if you don't like the price you're not gonna buy it. But if the price is already there all you need to do is to ask for the shipping rate and what kind of payment method you're gonna use. Fast and Easy.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #35
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Yeah, I tend to ignore most sales threads here unless there is a posted price, though ocasionally I will cave in and ask, and sometimes get a good price like I did for my Landcross reissue. Also, my wants thread says "PM me with your price" not "PM me asking for an offer"
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:22 PM   #36
teruo313
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtech View Post
Same here

Maybe we should make some rules on putting a price on every sale thread. It's really help the buyer and space on your inbox, sometimes is just a waste of time just to ask how much is the price of the figures.In the end if you don't like the price you're not gonna buy it. But if the price is already there all you need to do is to ask for the shipping rate and what kind of payment method you're gonna use. Fast and Easy.
Interestingly enough, I've found more success by not listing prices compared to when I used to list prices. My prices are generally fair, normally based of what others on here or TFW have the same figure listed for.

What does annoy me is when someone says they are going to take something, and then never replies again.
teruo313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #37
Whatigot
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabisprime View Post
Aren't you the one listing the Classics Prime/Megatron set for $40? Or the used MP Magnus (that you acquired in a lot) for $120 ?

those are sitting there and I am not hitting anyone up saying you can buy it from me for those prices, they are there for people to offer or trade me, as my fs thread pretty clearly states with all prices OBO in red and bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Don't they give you a true fan discount?

Oh good, Ive been waiting for someone with a firm definition to share on what constitutes a "true fan"...

please, proceed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
retail price means usual, not on sale price, right ?

Sometimes might not be Lowballer,but people tend to have tendency to ask for a little bit cheaper or try to find "the button line" of the figures; i.e. how much/how hurry that you are willing to let go.

MP Magnus $120 still seems as a good deal though...
Ultimate Battle Optimus/Megatron - 40$ and he has (2X) at the back, so not sure if each one is $20. But Acid Storm is 9~10 dollars more than retail if not counting for the tax.
I actually base my pricing on what I see here.

I admittably used to think things were worth a lot more before I found this site...though my only real options to buy was ebay or craigslist before here, so you can't blame me for having a somewhat view a$kiew.

Last edited by GMfan; 09-30-2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Merged 3 posts
Whatigot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #38
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatigot View Post
Oh good, Ive been waiting for someone with a firm definition to share on what constitutes a "true fan"...

please, proceed...
I don't know, why don't you tell us

oh wait

you already did
Old 09-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #39
Pascal
Banned

Amongst other things, a true fan knows the correct spelling is Scorponok, not Scorpinok. (?)
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #40
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Yeah, I tend to ignore most sales threads here unless there is a posted price, though ocasionally I will cave in and ask, and sometimes get a good price like I did for my Landcross reissue. Also, my wants thread says "PM me with your price" not "PM me asking for an offer"
I think it is also polite to ask and come out a mutural deal rather than offering a price and might not get any response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtech View Post
Even if the listing price is there, some people are not afraid to ask for more discount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
What does offend me is when people lowball on an already really low price. I've had that in the past, like cheap isn't good enough. As far as I am concerned, people like that are a similar type of greedy, the 'I want it for free" mentality that annoys me moreso than scalpers. People who pull the 'get it cheaper' game interfer with people who aren't interested in dicking around. I'd rather deal with a scalper that I can just ignore to begin with.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote