Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #21
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions
Re: To the MISB purists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaking4Ever View Post
As a MISB collector let me ask you what enjoyment an adult has in playing with childrens toys?

Now let me respond...

Does it matter?

No, you collect how you want, let us collect how we want. After all, why play with toys when you can play with girls, unless it'sa toy you can use with a girl :P

this is a terrible response.
as an adult collector thats married and thinks MISB is retarded i can respond.

the joy i get out of playing with them is seeing how the engineering and thought has gone into each of the figures and i marvel at how it was all possible. or at how complicated some of them are compared to the 3 step G1 crap transforming was from 30 years ago. so that part amazes me.

no i dont have little mock up battles and make *pew pew* sounds (play) with them like i use to as a kid but i do enjoy (enjoying) them,

I still have many that are MISB but like jourdo said its cause i dont have room to display them all. yes i do have a few doubles for if and when one of my fav figs gets broken or something so i can replace it but thats all. or doubles to sell sometime etc. (anyone want 2 tfcon crapbirds??) lol still MISB take them please. lol

but i understand what sunswipeprime i think it was said about the memory of being a kid and getting back something you lost. thats prob the best explanation ive ever heard as to why. but to do it for a WHOLE collection. i dont get it in the slightest. if its for resale someday. your kidding yourself if you think any of the movie stuff will go up in value etc.

and i know the packages says like 5+ on them but some of them i would love to see a kid transform them without breaking them so i dont agree that all of them are considered childrens toys now a days.

and the dummest comment of them all is why play with toys when you can play with women. well you can play with both unless your socially retarded or fugly. but even then there is someone out there for you lol.

oh and cobracommander... dogs arent ment to be eaten?? WTF???? you from tailand? isnt it there that they eat dogs? pooor doggies...

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366

Last edited by Sureshot22; 09-03-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #22
Camaroman2
Better than a Masterpiece

Too bad you don't have a display space. It's always nice to have a nice place to admire them. Aside from the fact that I have a display space, I'm like you. I just transform, pose, and admire.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:02 AM   #23
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

The only reasons I take them out of the box are to examine their engineering, so that they take up less space and because they'll never be worth anything financially. I do keep some of the boxes of the more expensive ones (fansproject, henkei) but that's it.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #24
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
But personally, I don't really "play" with my toys either. Sure I transform them, pose them, display some of them
That's what I meant by "play". They're like Rubik cubes or puzzles to me, only far more interesting.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #25
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
That's what I meant by "play". They're like Rubik cubes or puzzles to me, only far more interesting.
this^ i kept a couple MISB, then got tired of looking at only one mode, (had a repaint of each of said figures) but after a couple months, i wanted those characters on my shelf with the others

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #26
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

depends on the box. if i think that the box is as visually stimulating and as well designed graphically as the engineering of the toy inside, and if it meets any certain rarity factors, i'll keep it MISB, otherwise, i open carefully, and keep the box if i like it, incase i want to store it, or display it in box if it has a window. If it doesn't have a window, it's most likely not going to stay sealed. If a duplicate is possible, i'll oick one up.

if it's carded, it has to be either rare, significant to my collection, or a duplicate to stay MOSC.
Example - I have a MOSC Rescue force Leozack, unpunched. He is both significant to my collection, as Liokaiser is a top 3 favorite, and i have a duplicate loose version.

i keep the boxes for my 3rd party items for storage/protection. i toss all my hasbro packages. Usually keep the Takara ones (book style)
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #27
Batman
The Dark Knight

While I am not a MISB collector myself, I can appreciate someone with a large collection of MISB figures on display. I love that toy store look.

Last edited by Batman; 09-04-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #28
Whatigot
Banned

as a colletor who only collects MISB and despises every one of the TFS I have opened...a guy who deosn't even open his doubles or triples here I figure I should throw my stick in here...

I think I like to see all my tfs, laid out in their MISB beauty, sitting neatly and symmetrical on display in my mancave.

I have NO interest in their different modes or in transforming them to create scenes or more intricate displays...

I played with tfs LOTS when I was a kid, but I'm a grown up now and I have a different sort of appreciation for these figures that say so much about my childhood...

something like reverance, all of these wonderful toys that are representative of the kid who wanted so may things and could not afford to have them.

I like looking at them, shiny, new and unspoiled....knowing they will be in the same, prisitine condition in 50 years when I leave them to whichever one of my nephews turns out to be the coolest...

I think if anything, in response to the OP, it is I and my ilk who are the true collectors and not those who cannot bear to keep these pieces of pop history in their mint and undisturbed manufactured homes just to fulfill some primitive need to play.

Evidence of this is maybe in that while I don't collect as an investment, I certainly know and MISB collection will be worth FAR more than a played with and loose collection.

The mere fact that in those 50 years, when I do pass my collection on, there will likley be 10 times the number of looses TFs as there are MISB and then this collection of boxes will truly be a unique and rare one and I bet, if you were to see it then, you would all think back with some regret, and wish you had perhaps had the self control to leave some of your own in their MISB glory.
Whatigot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #29
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

LOL ya no. but keep thinking that way.

your the true collector and we arent. again lol.

but to each their own. and either you have a very small collection or 1 hell of a big mancave cause all those boxes take up a lot of room. and watch in 50 years when you pass them on to whomever is the coolest nephew he goes "what is this garbage?" and throws them all out or donates them to goodwill after tearing them all open. lol

I think if anything, in response to the OP, it is I and my ilk who are the true collectors and not those who cannot bear to keep these pieces of pop history in their mint and undisturbed manufactured homes just to fulfill some primitive need to play.

/\/\ was the funniest thing ive read in a LOOOONG time. thank you for that. LOL i should make that my sig so i can laugh everytime i see it.

infact i will

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366

Last edited by Sureshot22; 09-03-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #30
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
oh and cobracommander... dogs arent ment to be eaten?? WTF???? you from tailand? isnt it there that they eat dogs? pooor doggies...
Once you go Black (Russian Terrier) you never go back

I was implying that dogs are essentially meat and you could eat them, but most don't, they keep them as pets and love them and treat them like family. Likewise toys are meant to be played with, but I don't I just keep them opened on a shelf or in a box. Stop playing with your toys you, you... primate!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca

Last edited by CobraCommander; 09-03-2010 at 10:56 AM.
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote