Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 07-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
classic megatron upgrade to Desert Eagle style

I don't have MP05, so pretty much all the gun style Megatron toys I have suck greatly in my opinion, especially the classic Nerf one, doesn't fit the leader of deception role.

So my plan is to upgrade it to Desert Eagle style, after the modification I decide to call it Magnum Megatron (M&M).

The repaint color style is follow the Takara version's color, I also used dry brush to enhance the realistic looking. Actually I think I played too much boarderlands....

So here it is:

the other side, almost the same.

Robot mode

Face close-up. I didn't paint the eyebrows black, which I think it was weird in the 1st place

Robot mode 2

How to modify:
1) Cut in the red circle, don't worry, the robot mode is still very secure because of the 1, 2 and 3 part. In fact I didn't feel any difference at all. After cut, the body part of megatron can be moved.

2) drill holes at one of the leg and the left arm, as shown in the picture below. So that the body part can be plug in anytime with the leg.

3)
It's like this

4) I also add a red dot on the left arm, so it will be used as laser sight in gun mode.

All my gun-style megatron together.

Overall, this is a pretty easy change, and I do think Megatron's gun mode looks much cooler. To make it looks even better, I think u can replace the 2 wings (which is really how the gun looks like ) with more realistic parts, which I don't have with me since I don't have any gun toys.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
BoNKerS
Animated
Re: classic megatron upgrade to Desert Eagle style

nicely done great work!
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote