Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #11
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: ZOMG SHOPLIFTING!!!!111!!ONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
Go straight to head office. Although she was infact only doing the job she's employed to be doing, there was absolutely no need for her to announce the situation in a vocal manner that allowed everyone within a 3 block radius to know what was occurring.
Ditto on this. The whole situation was handled very very badly by the employee. She should have just called you over and said in firm voice but not shouting, "Excues me, I need to see your reciept for those" or something similar. Once she found out you weren't shoplifting, she should have appologised. It's not a big deal.

Man, I salute you. You have way more restraint than I do. I would shouted back, "Yes, that's right I bought these from wall-mart where they're cheaper. I didn't friggen steal them. Thanks for making me feel like friggen theif. And why yes, I would accept your appology if you'd given me one." Then I would have asked for a manager and demanded a written appology.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #12
crimbot
Some Guy

Employees of retail stores arent educated in human resources and all forms of customer service, they are just people paid to do a job, and as far as it sounds here, was going above her job to make sure that her store wasnt being stolen from.
You brought transformers into a store that sells transformers. Sure she was rude about it, but some people just are. I think you made a goof just as much as she did. I would think it was a little funny if I managed a store and you were walking out without paying and obviously had some wares in hand that the store sold.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #13
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

I feel that the employee was just doing her job (I feel that stores should show more initiative against shoplifters because they have a right to protect their business). I would suggest that you go complain, though because she really didn't need to shout that loudly.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #14
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Yeah, stores have to be vigilant about suspicious things like that, but she should have asked you to go off to the side to discuss it, not yelled at you in the middle of the store.

Complain to head office, make sure to describe how upset the accusations made you feel, and how that store now is associated with this bad memory in your mind, etc. It'll earn you sympathy points.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #15
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

See if she was just doing her job though she could have politely asked to check Sting Rose's reciept(not that she even has the right to do that without evidence, hunches don't count).

I can see Crimbot's point about bringing the bag into into the store in a way. I do leave purchases in my trunk myself, but then not everyone is driving. Some people are riding public transit, some bikes, some walking.

I don't think the image TRU is trying to present is that: You shop at Walmart, stay out of our store.

I also suspect there was some age discrimination here as well(forgive me if I'm wrong). I suspect if my mom was carrying the Walmart bag she wouldn't have been stopped.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #16
Razorwing
Robot in Disguise

yes I has shirt

ROTF Owned: LDR Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Soundwave, Rampage, RH Prime&Blackout, RH Bumlebee&Longhaul, LGD Prime, LGD Jetfire, Knockout,Ransack,Breakaway, DepthCharge,Skids, Mixmaster, HA Bee, Scapel, LDR Jetfire, Ravage, Mudflap, Ice Cream Twins, and Jolt.
Razorwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #17
PrimeConvoy
Machine War

I'm a little rusty on this and maybe someone can correct me on it, but if you were still in the store when she did it, it's called Defamation of Character. Now an employee is allowed to confront you about this when you leave the entrance and then their suppose to be somewhat professional about it but they can't openly accuse you like that. There is more to it, but it been awhile since i've read about it and I believe it's different in each Province too.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #18
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Seriously I will be very pissed, I will probably ask for their manager and give them shit seriously. Otherwise I wouldn't want to go to that place again....it is just embarrassing.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #19
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Complain to the higher ups, the employee has not right to accuse you so blaintly. If I were in your shoes and she yelled at me I think I would have ran for it, the ensuing chase would have been comedy gold... just imagine the Benny Hill theme playing and running rappidly around in circles in the parking lot

I've seen some hats at walmart, they were BB and OP G1 style hats but looked like they were designed for kiddies.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #20
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeConvoy View Post
I'm a little rusty on this and maybe someone can correct me on it, but if you were still in the store when she did it, it's called Defamation of Character. Now an employee is allowed to confront you about this when you leave the entrance and then their suppose to be somewhat professional about it but they can't openly accuse you like that. There is more to it, but it been awhile since i've read about it and I believe it's different in each Province too.
Well, even outside the store it can be defamation, defamation is anything that lowers your reputation in the eyes of others. Specifically spoken defamation is slander. You generally have to prove that others heard the statement, but also that they believed it, and that it hurt whatever reputation they may have had of you previously (this is a question of fact for the judge to decide).

Because the defamation was the allegation you committed a crime, you don't have to prove damages, they're assumed.

It's a very peculiar and complicated field of law.

Honestly though, not worth pursuing if a bunch of strangers who didn't know you heard it. If your kids were there, or your boss at work, maybe...maybe...but probably not worth it. Lawyers are expensive.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote