Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #21
Oreobot
Beasty
Re: Henkei or Universe?

I prefer the Henkei versions. I don't know why Hasbro doesn't just buy some of the Japanese production run and sell it here. The Henkei figures look better with the right paint jobs.
Oreobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #22
-KG-
Kranix

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with pretty much everyone here. I prefer the Hasbro versions. I think most of the first run of Henkei's look plain compared to the Hasbro counterparts. I'm first and foremost a G1 collector, but I'm not a fan of making everything G1. IMO classics are a modern interpretation of G1. They therefore deserve an updated paint scheme. I think Astrotrain looks great in white, I love the white stripes on BB etc.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:04 AM   #23
lars573
Energon

Megatron, Astrotrain, and Powerglide are the only must have Henkei's. The rest (especially Starscream) don't look good enough to be worth it.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:20 AM   #24
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

It's a mix. For instance, I prefer the Hasbro Bumblebee, Mirage, Jetfire and Ramjet.

Whereas the two Astrotrains are tied, and both Megatrons look great. (Have yet to get Henkei megs though)
Old 07-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #25
Pascal
Banned

The worst Henkei is definitely Mirage.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #26
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with pretty much everyone here. I prefer the Hasbro versions. I think most of the first run of Henkei's look plain compared to the Hasbro counterparts. I'm first and foremost a G1 collector, but I'm not a fan of making everything G1. IMO classics are a modern interpretation of G1. They therefore deserve an updated paint scheme. I think Astrotrain looks great in white, I love the white stripes on BB etc.
Seconded.
I find the Henkei paint schemes are too G1. Like take Rodimus, for example. Sure, the Henkei front hood looks way more G1 than th Classics hood, but it stands out and doesn't flow with the rest of the parts in vehicle mode.
Most of the chrome on the Henkei seems oddly applied, but doesn't bother me too much. The only Henkei ones that I'm going for are:
- Megatron and Astrotrain, because their color schemes are different enough to warrant both their updated-paint-scheme Classics versions (yes, I happen to like the Nerf-Megatron's colors too) and the very G1-colored Henkei
- Convoy, but that's because I'm an obsessive-compulsive Prime collector, and the Classics Prime mold happens to be one of my favorite.
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:18 PM   #27
ChrisW
Thread Killer

For me it really depends on the figures. I've got the Classics versions of everyone I'm interested in (except for 3 jets - I think you know which ones) and the only Henkei figures I would consider getting are Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp. (I passed on the Astrotrain mold entirely; otherwise I'd get Henkei Astrotrain.)

Henkei Prime, Megatron, Astrotrain, and Starscream are (IMO) clearly better than their Classics equivalents. The Classics versions are good, but the Henkei ones are better. With Mirage, Rodimus, Grimlock, Skyfire/Jetfire, and Ramjet, however, I think the Classics version is the superior one.

I can't decide whether Henkei Bumblebee is better than Classics 'Bee. The "Evolution of Bumblebee" redeco beats both of them.

Mostly, it comes down to personal taste. None of the decos are particularly weak, so get what you like.

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote