Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-01-2024, 09:44 AM   #3521
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

United commander Magmatron preorder, $134.97
shipped & sold by WalMart
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transfo...0?from=/search
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 10:30 AM   #3522
Skorpulator
Armada

My heart stopped, thought your post was to mention 40th Soundwave was available again. lol
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 03:22 AM   #3523
The Nemesis
Alternator

I just ordered what was apparently the very last Axlegrease available on Walmart's website earlier today. Gonna assume that like a lot of online stock-tracking figures when you get down to like 1 or 2 left it's often in error and there actually aren't any but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I'd put off ordering this one because it was low on my priority list and I figured that so many deluxes from Legacy have tended to stick around on places like walmart and amazon for so long that there would be ones available for a while longer. But now it seems like she's gone from almost everywhere except for collector sites charging FOMO markups.
Old 02-02-2024, 01:14 PM   #3524
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Yeah, they sold out on Amazon about a week ago, which is frustrating because the one I got from A3U had major QA defects (duplicate parts) and they took forever to get back to me about it, so now I'm just waiting to see what mystery figure Hasbro sends me instead. I had hoped to have Amazon as a backup. Looks like Axlegrease is probably gone everywhere now.

Last edited by kirbenvost; 02-02-2024 at 01:16 PM.
kirbenvost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 01:27 PM   #3525
The Nemesis
Alternator

Woke up to a shipping notice so it turns out that when they said they had 1 left they meant it.
Old 02-02-2024, 02:17 PM   #3526
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I'd put off ordering this one because it was low on my priority list and I figured that so many deluxes from Legacy have tended to stick around on places like walmart and amazon for so long that there would be ones available for a while longer. But now it seems like she's gone from almost everywhere except for collector sites charging FOMO markups.
For Axelgrease, Beachcomber and Devcon, it was confirmed by distributors that Canada would be allocated much less than other waves. Which is why you'll probably never see that wave in stores and inventory was restricted to online only. Those 3 were gonna be the hardest to find down the line (though Breakdown and Shrapnel are just as elusive for now)

I'm glad you were able to get your copy, she's a fun toy.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 02:23 PM   #3527
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

The irony is that's the whole reason I chose to order from A3U instead, and then they took way longer than all the other retailers to fulfil orders.
Old 02-02-2024, 02:35 PM   #3528
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
For Axelgrease, Beachcomber and Devcon, it was confirmed by distributors that Canada would be allocated much less than other waves. Which is why you'll probably never see that wave in stores and inventory was restricted to online only. Those 3 were gonna be the hardest to find down the line (though Breakdown and Shrapnel are just as elusive for now)

I'm glad you were able to get your copy, she's a fun toy.

I hadn't paid attention to any of that chatter so I didn't know about the short stocking until it was too late. Plus the last couple of years have just been so wonky in terms of finding stuff that I've found myself far less motivated and really come down from how aggressive I used to be about tracking things down and jumping on them right away. So really I don't have anyone to blame but myself for the position I've been in, though I suppose we can blame Hasbro/retailers a bit for how poor distribution has been recently.
Old 02-02-2024, 03:18 PM   #3529
jtkv
Robot Master

FYI,
You will need a second Axelgrease to build the combiner mode!

example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IKEMJ-6Gg0
For Sale List thread
jtkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 03:45 PM   #3530
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

There are various different combiner designs, really you only need 1 Axlegrease and 1 Scraphook for symmetrical designs, if you're okay with different colors and factions. I hope they release a repaint of Axlegrease in classic Junkion colors so we can have an all orange team.

Tags
walmart