Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #31
teruo313
Beasty
Re: 2010 Unicron preordering?

Just for anyone who might be wondering, I e-mailed AmiAmi about this a while back as they never had a pre-order up when everyone else was starting to take them. Unfortunately they said they won't be getting it in, something to do with their distributor not stocking them, which I find odd since they are getting Predaking.

So instead I ordered from Robot Kingdom. I've purchased from them a couple of times and each time they're been great, even marking down the value of the item so you don't get hit by customs (or at least a lesser amount). I do wish Amiami got it though as they tend to be a bit cheaper.
teruo313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #32
Mumps
Canadian Slag

HLJ told me that Unicron was a limited "Special release" item, and unfortunately they wouldn't be getting them in. So that's why I went with Robot Kingdom.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #33
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
I ordered mine from Robot Kingdom. So far, everything with them has been awesome. Only 2 orders so far, but still awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teruo313 View Post
So instead I ordered from Robot Kingdom. I've purchased from them a couple of times and each time they're been great, even marking down the value of the item so you don't get hit by customs (or at least a lesser amount). I do wish Amiami got it though as they tend to be a bit cheaper.
This is good to know because I've wanted to order from them in the past, but was never really sure how good they were. Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
Honestly they would have done that by now. Serious doubt Hasbro will ever do this. Reason I ordered him.
Well it took Takara until...now...to do it. I wouldn't assume Hasbro not releasing this - you never know if they will shove it in their Generations line in the near future as some sort of exclusive or something.

Either way, having the original makes getting this one seem pointless to me. Nothing wrong with the original Armada release. I say if they want to make a "G1" Unicron, then make a new mold.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #34
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by teruo313 View Post
Just for anyone who might be wondering, I e-mailed AmiAmi about this a while back as they never had a pre-order up when everyone else was starting to take them. Unfortunately they said they won't be getting it in, something to do with their distributor not stocking them, which I find odd since they are getting Predaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
HLJ told me that Unicron was a limited "Special release" item, and unfortunately they wouldn't be getting them in. So that's why I went with Robot Kingdom.
Unicron is a ToyHobby Market exclusive in Japan. That is why AmiAmi and HLJ can't get it. All the other shops that did have preorders, were buying it from Hobby Market directly. Or, Takara is releasing him in Asia, like MP04S, so their getting theirs from an asian wholesaler. But as far as Japanese retailers go, only 1 of them is offering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Yeah. They'll probably create a brand new mold for Unicron instead. Or revive the BW Neo one.
Considering all the third party groups out there, I'm surprised none of them have tried to recreate BW Neo Unicron.