Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-10-2019, 01:23 PM   #391
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Tru flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
If you want any figures its best to just get them on the BOGO sale, buy one get one at 50% off, than wait for another coupon plus sale. At best, they might come out with seasonal coupons where you can get 2 and third free...then you can always return your recent BOGO items within 60 or 90 days.
Dont you have to return within 45 days?
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:40 PM   #392
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Dont you have to return within 45 days?
I am uncertain what their current policy is at the moment...I thought it was at least 60 days for a return with receipt, but I could be mistaken.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #393
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimcheese View Post
Missed the 15% coupon, is it still worth picking up voyagers/deluxes with the BOGO deal, or will a better offer show up if I wait?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
That coupon was kind of rare and unexpected, the big advantage is that if you used it on the Friday when the BOGO deal started, you would have got an extra 15% off, which may not have been intended by TRU.

If you want any figures its best to just get them on the BOGO sale, buy one get one at 50% off, than wait for another coupon plus sale. At best, they might come out with seasonal coupons where you can get 2 and third free...then you can always return your recent BOGO items within 60 or 90 days.

Id go for it, BOGO sale for Blk Fri and now for essentially post Boxing Day is quite good...surprised they did it twice tbh.

Happy Hunting...
Just buy it, enjoy them, sometimes we spend more time thinking about it than worth the savings.

I'm thinking about when and if those Hasbro Winter Coupons will arrive for the cold months of 2019.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:31 PM   #394
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimcheese View Post
Missed the 15% coupon, is it still worth picking up voyagers/deluxes with the BOGO deal, or will a better offer show up if I wait?
It's a bit of a game of chance. The right coupon added to the right sale and you can save a pretty penny, but the question is will there be anything to buy when those things align?

The BOGO deal is basically 25% off, so two deluxes will come out to $22.50 each. Two voyagers will be $30 each. If coupons come out like the last two years, and you can maximize your savings, you can score at least 1/3 off. So deluxes will be $20 and voyagers will be around$28 each. That's the best short to mid-term savings you can probably hope for.

If you don't mind waiting longer and chancing not getting something, you'll probably be able to get stuff at 40% off, which is $18 and $24 respectively. Even 50% is on the table if you wait.

Now, like I said, it's a game of chance. When is the savings close enough for you to ensure you actually get the figures you want. Is saving that extra $2 worth the wait, or do you pay the impatience tax and eat it?
Old 01-10-2019, 05:32 PM   #395
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Just buy it, enjoy them, sometimes we spend more time thinking about it than worth the savings.
This is my thinking usually especially since the closest Walmart is 1/2 hour from my house & closest TRU is 45 min. Sure I'll save money if I can but if it's too much of a hassle or I'd be wasting gas just to save a few bucks it's not worth my time.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:41 PM   #396
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
This is my thinking usually especially since the closest Walmart is 1/2 hour from my house & closest TRU is 45 min. Sure I'll save money if I can but if it's too much of a hassle or I'd be wasting gas just to save a few bucks it's not worth my time.
True, but I bought 2 Voyagers and 3 deluxes during the BOGO sale and saved a total of $35.00 versus buying them at Walmart.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:46 PM   #397
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
+1

Any transaction that involves multiple trips to the store, is far too much effort, IMO. I'd rather get things on sale but not if I'm having to rearrange my life to do so. Wasting an afternoon going once is still a steep opportunity cost, for figures I can buy online, at home, in my underwear.

Got a gift card for Christmas yesterday (package delayed), hoping Siege Deluxes go back in stock online before the 17th, or leaders show up.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #398
ngnaw
Armada

Got Cog and Hound during BOGO sale. Got Optimus and Megatron during 2nd BOGO sale with an extra 15% off on top of that to stack it up to 36% off! Now will wait to see if I can get Sideswipe later on, but not a necessary for me. Only way from now on is to play tough and stack the rebates on! I have my reasons!

Last edited by ngnaw; 01-10-2019 at 06:41 PM.
ngnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:50 AM   #399
Kimcheese
Generation 1

Thank you for the replies. There were only Megatrons and micromasters from Siege, could have bought 2 Megatrons but decided to sort of risk it and wait. Wouldn't've minded buying some deluxes though. Picked up a consolation Outback/Cindersaur. Still in school, so visiting TRUs are a hassle as much as saving dollars is a concern. Hopefully the new flyer rewards the patient.
Kimcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:24 AM   #400
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Pray to Primus that Hasbro wonderful Winter Savings coupons will eventually arrive. January 18th and still waiting...
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote