Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-12-2018, 12:20 PM   #11
Pascal
Banned
Re: Need some advice.

Longrack, one of my favorite BW molds ever!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:03 PM   #12
BigWillay
Robot Master

Glad it all got worked out!, but if it's listed as MISB, and there is stuff missing.. as long as that box came sealed (not resealed) then you can't hold them liable for the missing instructions, I understand you didn't want to return it, but in retail that's what you would have done returned and got a different one. I think its unreasonable to expect them to open another one just so you can get your instructions. I've had a few situations where I have ordered a MISB product and it was broken. Not the sellers fault, and I'm not going to ask him to open another one to give me the broken piece. I believe it is up to the seller to try and rectify. But you can't expect them to ruin another one just to fix yours.

just my 2 pennies
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:55 PM   #13
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWillay View Post
Glad it all got worked out!, but if it's listed as MISB, and there is stuff missing.. as long as that box came sealed (not resealed) then you can't hold them liable for the missing instructions, I understand you didn't want to return it, but in retail that's what you would have done returned and got a different one. I think its unreasonable to expect them to open another one just so you can get your instructions. I've had a few situations where I have ordered a MISB product and it was broken. Not the sellers fault, and I'm not going to ask him to open another one to give me the broken piece. I believe it is up to the seller to try and rectify. But you can't expect them to ruin another one just to fix yours.

just my 2 pennies
I understand this, it's perfectly reasonable, but, in the instance of broken or missing parts, if you had bought said item from a store like BBTS, or any of our site sponsors, and they agree to send you your missing/broken piece, where do you think that piece comes from? To my knowledge Hasbro/Takara or 3P companies aren't in the habit of sending online retailers boxes of random parts "just in case". That retailer has to open up a package and get the missing piece out of it.

So should someone who runs their online store through eBay be held to a lesser standard because they're on eBay?

This wasn't just some collector selling off his collection I was dealing with, it was an eBay store. If you're going to operate as a retailer, then you should be accountable for your merchandise. Especially on a platform like eBay where your reputation aka your feedback, is key in doing business.

In this instance, if someone asked me what my experience with this seller was, I'd honestly say that it was packed well, shipped super fast (seriously, it got from Korea to Toronto in less than 2 weeks!), there was a problem with missing contents, but the seller made it right. Do business with them in confidence!
Old 06-12-2018, 03:23 PM   #14
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
This ↑↑↑↑

I don't really need the instructions. I used to have the BM version of Guiledart so I knew how to transform him, and prior to making the purchase I watched a bunch of video reviews about Longrack, so I remembered how to transform him from those.
It's like WereDragon there said, it was MISB, and as such it should come with the instructions. After all, the MISB Korean Break vs Dead End set I bought shortly afterwards had them. Obviously the seller can't be held responsible for a 20 year old packaging error, but if the seller had only had the one set that I bought, I would still like some sort of compensation. It was sold as 100%, and it wasn't.
They had 5 more of the same sets for sale, so they could easily give me the instructions from one, then sell it as "missing instructions".
And I'd bet good money that they are opening all the others to check for this sort of thing now too.
Would you have paid the same price if it was mint in open box vs misb? Can't have it both ways. Doesn't seem fair to the reseller when he did nothing wrong.

"Can you open the box to check if it is complete? And also can you deduct 25% cause it is open/used?"
Old 06-12-2018, 04:08 PM   #15
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

If this is a store and not an individual and the product isn't as advertised, the consumer has every right to be made whole or get a refund. It's as simple as that.

If it were me selling something like this as an individual, I'd put a disclaimer that the product is MISB, and because it's an older product, I can't be responsible for a manufacturer's defect like missing instructions.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:46 PM   #16
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Also, I've seen plenty of people selling stuff on eBay advertised as "brand new, box only opened to verify contents", I'd assume to avoid situations just like this one.

Last edited by Shockwave 75; 06-12-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Shockwave 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:14 PM   #17
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Also, I've seen plenty of people selling stuff on eBay advertised as "brand new, box only opened to verify contents", I'd assume to avoid situations just like this one.
I don't think that is a fair statement if you were expecting MISB. If it wasn't you probably would not have paid as much as you did (not that I would have any clue). How long has this product been out of circulation? I can't see Hasbro/Takara giving eBay etailers spare parts for situations as that. I hear where you're coming from in terms of MISB and expecting everything but it's a fine line I would imagine. If that was the case could you have not asked them beforehand to open it up to verify? If they did and it was missing would you expect them to open another to verify? I have no reasonable answer to this as this is an extremely unusual situation IMO. The only thing I would suggest is letting it go and see if you can track down another copy from somewhere or reach out to Hasbro. Highly unlikely they could do anything but with eBay if it was sold MISB and you received MISB then I would say you got what you paid for. Perhaps go the MIB route instead. Either way good luck.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:09 PM   #18
Msol
Titanium

Was it listed as MISB?
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:39 PM   #19
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
Was it listed as MISB?
OP said it was
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:46 AM   #20
Msol
Titanium

I’m not sure where.

Anyways I found the listing and I think his request was totally valid, as there was a language issue. The seller said it was “100% complete”. Based on the fact that the image looks unopened I would expect all the paperwork too.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote