Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #10031
Blitzwing
Armada
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Thanks to everyone who organized, I was happy with the haul I was able to get. I'll post some pics tomorrow. Been busy all weekend so I haven't had a chance to actually enjoy them yet.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:54 PM   #10032
venksta
Render Project Creations

It was my first time vending at the Pop Culture show on Saturday, and as a vendor review, I did as good of sales as the last RnR show. So if you're interested in coming in for the April show, I recommend it. Just don't wait too long, as there was already a waiting list for this last show. I already rebooked for the next one, and will have a different selection of items, since most of mine got cleared out on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica_Unforgiven View Post
Glad people enjoyed the event yesterday. Seemed like buyers were happy and vendors will be re-booking.

I heard from the organizer that the next show is Saturday, April 22... and most importantly, his GUEST that day will be none other than IDW / HASBRO ARTIST MARCELO MATERE (spotlight soundwave, metroplex, grimlock, transformers mosaic series, hasbro box art, etc).

I met Marcelo at another event earlier this year and he really is a light hearted, approachable guy.

If you haven't met Marcelo, you should! Hes done tons of box art since the Cybertron series era, all the way to current Titan Returns figures. He always brings his binders, with original arts for sale. Even if you don't have interest to buy, you should still take a look. At the Comic Show last month, I saw he had done a bunch of alternative arts for TR figures, that didn't make the cut. They were still really nice pieces just to look at, plus the original artworks that did get put on packaging. Marcelo is also a big Transformers fan himself, before he started working for Hasbro, so you're not only meeting an amazing artist, but a fellow fan.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:55 PM   #10033
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Cool, sounds like the show was great! Hopefully I can make the next one, ideally as a seller!
Old 03-27-2017, 06:08 PM   #10034
CKWG
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
I must've left before CKWG arrived but it was nice to see a bunch of familiar faces as well as boardies Mettalica_unforgiven and blitzwing. Picked up a few goodies too. Well done to those that put effort into promoting and organizing the show
I arrived to the show at 12:40, so I missed all of you that were there in the 1st hour.

I enjoyed my time there as a consumer and picked up a figure that I did not expect to find there myself.

After hearing quite a few dealers doing well at the show last Saturday, I have decided to book my own table for the Apr.22 Pop Culture show. I plan to sell G1s especially Headmasters series items, Reissues, Masterpieces, a few 3rd party and a few CHUG items there.

Especially with high profile Hasbro/IDW Transformers artist Marcelo coming as a guest, it would be worthy of admission just to get him to autograph your IDW comics/Transformers Toys Boxarts that he did.

A lot of dealers are rebooking for this show on Apr.22, so if any of you want a dealer table, you should act fast.
If more of you Transformers fans sign up to sell for Apr.22, with Marcelo as a guest, we can turn it into a Transformers Invasion!
CKWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #10035
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Me and RocketGTR are splitting a table, just waiting to hear back from the organizers! Should be great show!
Old 03-27-2017, 08:59 PM   #10036
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKWG View Post
Especially with high profile Hasbro/IDW Transformers artist Marcelo coming as a guest, it would be worthy of admission just to get him to autograph your IDW comics/Transformers Toys Boxarts that he did.
I know Marcelo drew the YOTH MP10 Optimus and the recent SG MP10 art, along with TR Wheelie's box art. He also doesn't charge for signing.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:12 AM   #10037
Metallica_Unforgiven
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
I know Marcelo drew the YOTH MP10 Optimus and the recent SG MP10 art, along with TR Wheelie's box art. He also doesn't charge for signing.
Marcelo is a great guy. I actually sold a YOTH Prime at VCS last month where he was a guest and he happily signed the box for the buyer.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:41 PM   #10038
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Sounds like the show was a good time all around. I was trying to at least stop by but got caught up in various other errands and was also trying not to spend money this week lol. I really should get a table since I need to lighten the load for moving soon, but I don't have any items organized yet. Either way (as buyer or seller) I'll try and make the April show

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:05 PM   #10039
CKWG
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
Sounds like the show was a good time all around. I was trying to at least stop by but got caught up in various other errands and was also trying not to spend money this week lol. I really should get a table since I need to lighten the load for moving soon, but I don't have any items organized yet. Either way (as buyer or seller) I'll try and make the April show
Hope to see you around on the Apr.22 Show!
If you do have items to sell, maybe good idea to book a table, as the show after that is in Oct.14, half a year later, and special guest Marcelo probably won't be there again in Oct.

Last edited by CKWG; 03-28-2017 at 08:08 PM.
CKWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:11 PM   #10040
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKWG View Post
Hope to see you around on the Apr.22 Show!
If you do have items to sell, maybe good idea to book a table, as the show after that is in Oct.14, half a year later, and special guest Marcelo probably won't be there again in Oct.
Yeah, there are a lot of regulars at this show, so if you're interested, book sooner, than later. This last show sold out as fast as RnR use to for dealer tables.